Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of November 4th
Topic Started: Nov 1 2013, 04:49 PM (4,972 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I love how there's a huge TV conveniently in the middle of St. Luke's church. That's not weird at all or anything.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 08:31 PM
outrageous
Nov 2 2013, 08:12 PM
The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 05:57 PM
outrageous
Nov 2 2013, 04:28 PM
If Marlena saw the whole video, saw what Kristen did to Eric and then showed it to the world, she's a heartless bitch. No mother should humiliate her son like that in public, especially when he's a priest. And Kristen will pay. If she doesn't go to jail, she'll end up losing everything dear and exiled from Salem again.
We already know for a fact that Victor doesn't share that part with her, don't we? Not surprising, since Victor doesn't really have a relationship with Eric, and he just wants Kristen outed. If Marlena knew the situation, she wouldn't show it. Even to out Kristen.
Well he would have assumed that she watched the video like any normal person did. Who shows a video to the world without watching it first?
Would you watch a sex tape all the way through once you have proof of what you were after? I certainly wouldn't. Victor is the one that gets it to play, apparently (it doesn't work on Marlena's computer, so Victor has to fix it or whatever), and she knows it's Kristen and she's having sex with someone else, which is what she was after to prove. That's what she knows and she has the proof in her hands. Why on earth would she ever think it was Eric - her priest son, or even consider the idea that Kristen would be sick enough to rape her son?
If I planned to show the video to the world, of course I would watch all of it beforehand. For all she knew, it could have been a video of Bristen making love. There are some couples out there videotaping themselves. Point is, Marlena had a scheming plan to expose Kristen and went to a former mob head to enlist his help and lost herself in her vengefulness. Nothing wrong with taking Brady on the side before the wedding and showing him the video in private. It would have accomplished the same thing, but Marlena wanted to humiliate Kristen at her wedding with no regard to breaking Brady's heart in front of everyone. Instead, she will destroy both of her sons. Marlena was not thinking straight on this one IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

I think Marlena gets the flash drive from Victor on the same day the wedding starts (airdate). Not that she couldn't have come up with something better but I think it's a time issue.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

quesla

I just love how people try and justify crimes and stupidity !!!!!!!!!! why should the victims feel like they had to go through such lengths to prove the truth to such family when being their mother wasn't reason enough for Brady nor Eric to stay away from Kristen.Marlena would never intentionally hurt anyone she loves. I am so sick and tired of throw Marlena under the bus crap. Eric didn't choose to be drugged and raped but he choose his relationship with Brady over his mom.therefore he to choose Kristen. Eric and Brady can should be blaming themselves .as a priest Eric should know that scripture about honoring ones parents by not agreeing to marry them.Brady deserves ever bit of hell to come his way.

thepadange

The problem I have with Marlena and Victor's (or whoever does it) actions (to show the video publicly) is the same as it was with the weird plan John had. It's the idea to save Brady while - this time even publicly - humiliating and destroying him. It actually even doesn't matter if they know it's Eric or not, it's definitely not the right way to show a person you love (your grandson, stepson) what he is not seeing. It's like they don't care about Brady at all and just want to expose Kristen. OK, time... But is a marriage that big of a deal, Kristen isn't trying to kill him or so, and at least in Salem you can get annulment all the time. So why use this destructive way? OK, we know it's for the ratings but no logic at all. Again.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 3 2013, 03:22 AM.

thepadange

Speaking about the promo, as somebody has already said for some reason it really looks like a dream, or at least a part of it looks like it could be a dream. It just feels kinda unnaturally hyperbolized. I wasn't reading spoilers for quite some time, so I don't know what is supposed to happen but it's like this short promo consists of several parts. When the video is shown Eric just stands somewhere near Kristen, but in the scene later he kinda stands up from his knees saying she drugged and raped him and it looks like he remembered what had happened to him, then Brady punches him. Maybe the latter is Kristen's dream. Or it could be that they just used different takes for a promo. I've noticed it before. Sometimes scenes play out different while airing than in a promo.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 3 2013, 03:52 AM.

Dee-anne

thepadange
Nov 3 2013, 03:20 AM
The problem I have with Marlena and Victor's (or whoever does it) actions (to show the video publicly) is the same as it was with the weird plan John had. It's the idea to save Brady while - this time even publicly - humiliating and destroying him. It actually even doesn't matter if they know it's Eric or not, it's definitely not the right way to show a person you love (your grandson, stepson) what he is not seeing. It's like they don't care about Brady at all and just want to expose Kristen. OK, time... But is a marriage that big of a deal, Kristen isn't trying to kill him or so, and at least in Salem you can get annulment all the time. So why use this destructive way? OK, we know it's for the ratings but no logic at all. Again.
I.T.A

To come to this point they had to make Brady so incredibly stupid, that all possible sympathy we could have felt for him is gone. They had to have Eric being so horrible to Nicole, and trying to justify it by having him bring up her past deeds. Even listening to him repeat them to Nicole was not enough justification for him believing that she did such a horrible thing to him. The evidence they had him gather was so lame, that he looked like an idiot for being so adamant that Nicole is the one that raped him. He believed it so much that he had no interest in what she had to say. So, to me Eric's character has been damaged. It would be difficult to see him in the same light again.

I can move on from his treatment of her, once he goes through his apologies but, I no longer want a love story between Eric and Nicole. It will never be the same again for me. They should never have used Eric to believe that Nicole could rape him, not if they were writing a love story. Perfectly fine if they had someone trying to convince him of it, and he refused to believe it and, that someone else being proved wrong on the day.

Think how much better the reveal would have been, if they cared more for the characters and how they are perceived, and wrote them in the way they should have been written. Now the only emotion I have is relief for this horrible story finally coming to and end, and the two imbeciles will finally realise how awful they have treated Nicole, and Eric realising that he was wrong in accusing her of raping him.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 08:32 PM
Yoryla
Nov 2 2013, 07:15 PM
i<3ddjmalways
Nov 2 2013, 02:43 PM
Yoryla
Nov 2 2013, 04:12 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptechnicallyif
How do you figure that? Kristen set it all in motion by drugging and raping a priest! So it is Kristen's fault. She brought it on herself and has to face the consequences of her actions. I know you love Kristen, but come on! She committed a sin AND a crime and should go to prison! I don't care what her reasons were, you just don't do that! :OhMy: :toetap:
Not true at all. Showing the video to half of Salem is not on Kristen. She had her chance but she didn't use it because she got Brady back. And she wasn't going to do it either anymore. This is on Victor and/or Marlena. (I don't follow long-term spoilers, so I don't know about that, I like to not know everything in advance)

Now, because of Marlena and/or Victor everybody will know about it, not meaning the people who know Eric, but all of Salem, his parishners? How do you think they will feel about "Father Eric" from now on? As far as they know there could still be several parrishners who don't even recognize the concept of a female raping a male, and won't believe it, and will just assume it's a cover-up of Eric's transgressions. Had Marlena, or Victor, or anyone, don't really care, showed it to Eric personally, ALONE, would have been the way to go about it.

And about this "sin, going to prison" stuff, GMAB! And why is it then that there are other rapists, multiple killers, etc. running around town free as birds? That's just such a bunch of hypocrisy. The only reason Kristen is even leaving anyway is because ED left. Had she stayed, so would have Kristen, and she WOULD have been redeemed.
Again, Victor doesn't care. And he doesn't know that Eric was raped by Kristen. And Marlena doesn't know that it's Eric. She knows that Kristen slept with someone else and then lied to Brady about it. She knows that Kristen has gone to lengths to keep that lie a secret. Which makes it valuable information. She also knows that it isn't enough to tell Brady, she has to show him. And Brady won't give her the time of day. She's tried to talk to him how many times and he won't let her get a word in edgewise. She can't just send it to him, Kristen'll explain it away as she's done so many times.

Kristen is NOT redeemed. She's raped two men now, and it would appear she's going to just get away with both of those acts. And Sami running around free doesn't mean she is redeemed either. She's still a pathetic excuse of a woman. Again, ones crimes being ignored doesn't automatically mean the others crimes should just be forgotten. It means both of their crimes should be dealt with.

Being exposed for the crimes you committed (by someone else) doesn't absolve you of the crimes because someone else is hurt in the process. Even if Marlena had known it was Eric and then shown it to Eric, Brady and Kristen, that doesn't mean Kristen didn't commit the crime of raping Eric, and shouldn't pay for it. She raped a man, that doesn't change. And she did so willingly and knowingly and PLANNED IT meticulously. Then rejoiced in her triumph of doing so.
Ditto.

Kritter has had several chances to be honest,Brady asked her point blank if her sleeping with someone else was true,she chose to LIE,time and time again the only answer for Kristen Dimera is to lie.Plus from a soap opera stand point,showing that to Eric privately would of been one boring reveal.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Nov 3 2013, 07:06 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Nov 3 2013, 07:02 AM
The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 08:32 PM
Yoryla
Nov 2 2013, 07:15 PM
i<3ddjmalways
Nov 2 2013, 02:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptechnicallyif
Not true at all. Showing the video to half of Salem is not on Kristen. She had her chance but she didn't use it because she got Brady back. And she wasn't going to do it either anymore. This is on Victor and/or Marlena. (I don't follow long-term spoilers, so I don't know about that, I like to not know everything in advance)

Now, because of Marlena and/or Victor everybody will know about it, not meaning the people who know Eric, but all of Salem, his parishners? How do you think they will feel about "Father Eric" from now on? As far as they know there could still be several parrishners who don't even recognize the concept of a female raping a male, and won't believe it, and will just assume it's a cover-up of Eric's transgressions. Had Marlena, or Victor, or anyone, don't really care, showed it to Eric personally, ALONE, would have been the way to go about it.

And about this "sin, going to prison" stuff, GMAB! And why is it then that there are other rapists, multiple killers, etc. running around town free as birds? That's just such a bunch of hypocrisy. The only reason Kristen is even leaving anyway is because ED left. Had she stayed, so would have Kristen, and she WOULD have been redeemed.
Again, Victor doesn't care. And he doesn't know that Eric was raped by Kristen. And Marlena doesn't know that it's Eric. She knows that Kristen slept with someone else and then lied to Brady about it. She knows that Kristen has gone to lengths to keep that lie a secret. Which makes it valuable information. She also knows that it isn't enough to tell Brady, she has to show him. And Brady won't give her the time of day. She's tried to talk to him how many times and he won't let her get a word in edgewise. She can't just send it to him, Kristen'll explain it away as she's done so many times.

Kristen is NOT redeemed. She's raped two men now, and it would appear she's going to just get away with both of those acts. And Sami running around free doesn't mean she is redeemed either. She's still a pathetic excuse of a woman. Again, ones crimes being ignored doesn't automatically mean the others crimes should just be forgotten. It means both of their crimes should be dealt with.

Being exposed for the crimes you committed (by someone else) doesn't absolve you of the crimes because someone else is hurt in the process. Even if Marlena had known it was Eric and then shown it to Eric, Brady and Kristen, that doesn't mean Kristen didn't commit the crime of raping Eric, and shouldn't pay for it. She raped a man, that doesn't change. And she did so willingly and knowingly and PLANNED IT meticulously. Then rejoiced in her triumph of doing so.
Ditto.

Kritter has had several chances to be honest,Brady asked her point blank if her sleeping with someone else was true,she chose to LIE,time and time again the only answer for Kristen Dimera is to lie.Plus from a soap opera stand point,showing that to Eric privately would of been one boring reveal.
Not defending her here but she really didn't have s choice. If she had said she slept with Eric (consensual or not) Brady would have freaked out. And since we know it was rape, he REALLY would have gone off the deep end.

All she really could have done was tell Brady she had been with someone else but that it didn't mean anything and only happened once. Even then I bet he would have wanted to know who. Although admittedly I sorta do wish she had told him this bit just so we wouldn't see him flogging himself for sleeping with Nicole or as he says "being unfaithful" WTF.

phloe3

looks like Jennifer shows up and gets over herself

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 06:22 PM
blueskies
Nov 1 2013, 06:00 PM
i just realized after re-watching, Marlena's just sitting there in the pew while Eric is walking towards Kristen. It looks like she's not reacting...it's weird....

Also saw Victor and Jen, so there will be some people there! But alas 3/4's appear to be extras, lol. It's okay, I like it when they fill in with people.
It's hilarious to me that all of the people behind the Kristen close up reaction shot are extras! Whoever they are they are as horrified as Kristen :blulaugh:
The guy in the tie standing behind Kristen makes the BEST facial expressions. I kept pausing and cracking the hell up.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It would be better if Marlena set it up on a computer that she didn't know was programed to play videos on a screen in the church. When she tried to make Brady come watch it before the ceremony, he refuses, so during the wedding Marlena sits and fumes about how she's going to make Brady watch it afterwards if she has to drag him by his ear:

Posted Image

but thanks to a computer glitch or a mistake by an office worker it starts playing, shocking Marlena too. That would make the most sense with Marlena's character not wanting to publicly humiliate Brady.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

phloe3
Nov 3 2013, 10:20 AM
looks like Jennifer shows up and gets over herself
See, that just doesn't matter to me at this point. Her instinct is always selfish, has been since she returned in 2000.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Nov 3 2013, 10:57 AM
It would be better if Marlena set it up on a computer that she didn't know was programed to play videos on a screen in the church. When she tried to make Brady come watch it before the ceremony, he refuses, so during the wedding Marlena sits and fumes about how she's going to make Brady watch it afterwards if she has to drag him by his ear:

Posted Image

but thanks to a computer glitch or a mistake by an office worker it starts playing, shocking Marlena too. That would make the most sense with Marlena's character not wanting to publicly humiliate Brady.
It would be preferable. I'm gonna watch it play out, but I just want this shit over with by now.

phloe3

I guess they wanted Jennifer to be there so she could be like another person that I thought I knew was keeping a secret from me

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

fenderbabe
Nov 2 2013, 09:07 PM
I love how there's a huge TV conveniently in the middle of St. Luke's church. That's not weird at all or anything.
Actually, if they have some type of contemporary service, it's not so weird at all. Many churches use huge screens to flash up video clips, words from the bulletin, or lyrics to hymns or praise songs.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Nov 2 2013, 04:12 AM
Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 06:17 PM
The Room Stops
Nov 1 2013, 05:24 PM
Tammy
Nov 1 2013, 05:18 PM
Now I am a Marlena fan... but seriously, if the people of Salem don't berate her (and Victor) for doing that then there is something seriously wrong! I know that technically it's not her fault... but she is so focused on bringing Kristen down, she didn't even stop to think or view it, before throwing that video up there??? :blink:
I totally agree, if it plays out like it seems now. But it also says that Victor does it on purpose, he knows. Marlena thinks it's a stranger and knows that Brady has been told and doesn't believe her or anyone else. So showing him that she's telling the truth is really what she's after.

I'm just not for the playing it up on a screen. Marlena would storm in and disrupt the wedding and then show it on a computer connected to a projector, but not the way it seems.

That said, part of me feels like Brady deserves the cold hard shower of seeing what he's looked past, ignored and yelled at people for. Eric doesn't deserve to be humiliated, and I'm assuming Marlena will tear Victor a new one for letting her do that.
In the end it is all entirely Kristen's fault.
Ummm. No.

Showing that flashdrive for all the world to see and humiliating her family is entirely on Marlena, and Victor.
Uh, even bigger NO imho! Putting her disgusting rapist sex crime on a portable flashdrive that could be lost or stolen or copied - that's entirely on Kristen. Now not watching it in it's entirety and/or not being informed completely of it's contents . . .that could be pinned on Marlena and Victor. But ultimately this whole vile revenge thing is ALL. ON. KRISTEN! She deserves zero happy ending.
Edited by PALMommy, Nov 3 2013, 02:40 PM.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

outrageous
Nov 2 2013, 09:26 PM
The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 08:31 PM
outrageous
Nov 2 2013, 08:12 PM
The Room Stops
Nov 2 2013, 05:57 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well he would have assumed that she watched the video like any normal person did. Who shows a video to the world without watching it first?
Would you watch a sex tape all the way through once you have proof of what you were after? I certainly wouldn't. Victor is the one that gets it to play, apparently (it doesn't work on Marlena's computer, so Victor has to fix it or whatever), and she knows it's Kristen and she's having sex with someone else, which is what she was after to prove. That's what she knows and she has the proof in her hands. Why on earth would she ever think it was Eric - her priest son, or even consider the idea that Kristen would be sick enough to rape her son?
If I planned to show the video to the world, of course I would watch all of it beforehand. For all she knew, it could have been a video of Bristen making love. There are some couples out there videotaping themselves. Point is, Marlena had a scheming plan to expose Kristen and went to a former mob head to enlist his help and lost herself in her vengefulness. Nothing wrong with taking Brady on the side before the wedding and showing him the video in private. It would have accomplished the same thing, but Marlena wanted to humiliate Kristen at her wedding with no regard to breaking Brady's heart in front of everyone. Instead, she will destroy both of her sons. Marlena was not thinking straight on this one IMO.
I've always thought Victor and Marlena's MAIN goal is the prevent Brady from marrying Kristen, not in humiliating anyone. I think the collateral damage is just soap opera fodder for the continuing storyline. I'm sorta sad but looking forward to Kristen being destroyed, Brady being set straight and Eric being knocked down off his prissy britches high horse. Both those guys need to grovel at Nicole's feet and beg for her forgiveness and I'm hoping for a parting slap that Nicole with deliver to Kristen.
Edited by PALMommy, Nov 3 2013, 02:42 PM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

How much does Victor know about Eric's incident at the hotel? Is he even privy to the theory that he was drugged? Maybe when Victor sees the video, he automatically assumed Eric not only 1) betrayed his beloved grandson Brady 2) broke his sacred vows as a priest. That might explain why Victor is less than protective of Eric. At that moment he might view Eric as a sick bastard that deserves what he has coming to him.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 04:57 PM
I already know I need YOU TUBE!!

Help a Canadian out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExdEN2V7y8s

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply