Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Y&R's Nikki Reveals her Secret
Topic Started: Nov 2 2013, 06:26 AM (3,732 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

There is an interview with Melody Thomas Scott in the latest edition of TV Guide. She talks about how Nikki's secret in regard to Dylan is a "mind blowing" piece of information to lay on someone. Nikki can't make herself go up to Dylan and say "I am 57 and I'm your mother and I am just know getting around to telling you." MTS says that "like so many victims of sexual abuse Nikki is holding herself responsible......she is full of guilt and shame."

Nikki hosts a fund raiser at Nick's club on Veteran's Day to honor those that served in the armed services. It won't go over with Victor because he hates Dylan. Y&R hired several real life veterans to play guests at the event. MTS said "it was one of the most emotional and rewarding days I've ever spent on the set......there were a lot of tears."

Nikki decides it is finally time to tell her family and Dylan the truth. She puts together a dinner party at which she reveals Dylan is her son. According to MTS "Nikki has the best intentions but it still turns out pretty tragic."

Great picture of MTS and SB in the magazine.

Courtesy of Meghan @ Telboards

*According Jcren's spoilers per Nelson Branco it all happens on November 22nd.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

I was wondering why all of a sudden Nikki was having a dinner party on Veterans Day, duh?!! Guess I'm a little slow ^o)

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Remind me why Victor hates Dylan so much, was it just because he showed up at Avery's on her and Nick's wedding day??? Uh huh, shouldn't Avery be held somewhat responsible :shrug: :shrug:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Nov 3 2013, 04:55 PM
I was wondering why all of a sudden Nikki was having a dinner party on Veterans Day, duh?!! Guess I'm a little slow ^o)
Don't feel bad, it took me a bit to get the connection too. lol

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think some of Nikki's Veteran's Day event is a small carry over from what Katherine and Murphy used to do.
This way she can get to know Sonny-boy.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

UGH better get ready for Rambo to be thrust into the spotlight yet again!! When Nikki drops the bomb, I predict the usual look of constipation from Dylan and the matching one from Nick!! Truly brothers.

shark
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Nov 3 2013, 04:58 PM
Remind me why Victor hates Dylan so much, was it just because he showed up at Avery's on her and Nick's wedding day??? Uh huh, shouldn't Avery be held somewhat responsible :shrug: :shrug:
Victor walked into the coffee shop one day when Nicki was having one of her waterworks episodes and was whining to Dylan and Victurd assumed wrongly that it was something Dylan was saying to her to get her all stirred up. Victurd always thinks it's the other person and his precious family are above reproach. Dylan, was just listening to her. Why, I don't know. Most men would say I don't give a shit about your problems I got my own and left her there he was being his regular boy scout and Victor flew off the handle. Plus, too, I think, he knows Dylan threw a monkey wrench into Nick's happy time too.

BlueEyes28
Member Avatar

Wow i can't wait for this reveal. Gonna be good, but nikki geez maybe a word in private with Dylan first? Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlueEyes28
Nov 4 2013, 06:07 AM
Wow i can't wait for this reveal. Gonna be good, but nikki geez maybe a word in private with Dylan first? Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Thanks!
And a word to victor and the rest of the family might have been nice too.
I just don't think an announcement like this should be made in public on a bunch of unsuspecting people.
Maybe she thinks there will be fewer fireworks if she does it with everyone there, but, I don't think that's going to stop them at all, it might make it worse.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Some people just have the personality that makes people feel comfortable enough to talk and cry to.
Easier with someone that doesn't really know you.
If I were visiting with them and suddenly they burst into tears, I wouldn't desert them.Sure I have my own troubles but they need an ear.

Hope and Wyatt Fan
Member Avatar

Daytime
Nov 2 2013, 06:26 AM
There is an interview with Melody Thomas Scott in the latest edition of TV Guide. She talks about how Nikki's secret in regard to Dylan is a "mind blowing" piece of information to lay on someone. Nikki can't make herself go up to Dylan and say "I am 57 and I'm your mother and I am just know getting around to telling you." MTS says that "like so many victims of sexual abuse Nikki is holding herself responsible......she is full of guilt and shame."

Nikki hosts a fund raiser at Nick's club on Veteran's Day to honor those that served in the armed services. It won't go over with Victor because he hates Dylan. Y&R hired several real life veterans to play guests at the event. MTS said "it was one of the most emotional and rewarding days I've ever spent on the set......there were a lot of tears."

Nikki decides it is finally time to tell her family and Dylan the truth. She puts together a dinner party at which she reveals Dylan is her son. According to MTS "Nikki has the best intentions but it still turns out pretty tragic."

Great picture of MTS and SB in the magazine.

Courtesy of Meghan @ Telboards

*According Jcren's spoilers per Nelson Branco it all happens on November 22nd.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Nov 4 2013, 09:46 AM
BlueEyes28

Thanks!
I just don't think an announcement like this should be made in public on a bunch of unsuspecting people.
Maybe she thinks there will be fewer fireworks if she does it with everyone there, but, I don't think that's going to stop them at all, it might make it worse.
ITA, I don't think anyone would handle this kind of news like this. A dinner party of all things........Crazy writing!! :drunk: This is not going to go well at all.........Victor will shit and so will Nick!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I can't wait!!!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

The woman's a stripper turned socialite, you can't expect her to think that Rambo might be shocked and embarrassed to find out in front of the Newmans of which 2 of them hate his guts! Has she even thought of his PTSD? He might pull a Sharon and set the ranch on fire in the middle of his breakdown.

hmm come to think of it :popcorn: :tvwatch: :jj:

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

shark
Nov 3 2013, 08:58 PM
SnowAngel
Nov 3 2013, 04:58 PM
Victor walked into the coffee shop one day when Nicki was having one of her waterworks episodes and was whining to Dylan and Victurd assumed wrongly that it was something Dylan was saying to her to get her all stirred up. Victurd always thinks it's the other person and his precious family are above reproach. Dylan, was just listening to her. Why, I don't know. Most men would say I don't give a shit about your problems I got my own and left her there he was being his regular boy scout and Victor flew off the handle. Plus, too, I think, he knows Dylan threw a monkey wrench into Nick's happy time too.
I think those are still lame reasons for someone to "hate" someone else. The writers just had to do this to make the "secret son s/l" more dramatic. Wonder if Victor will set up a trust for little Dylan? :teehee:

Soapwatcher

I hope Victor shits so much he get weak and won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Nov 5 2013, 10:10 AM
Sammie Jo
Nov 4 2013, 09:46 AM
BlueEyes28

Thanks!
ITA, I don't think anyone would handle this kind of news like this. A dinner party of all things........Crazy writing!! :drunk: This is not going to go well at all.........Victor will shit and so will Nick!
I wonder if she'll casually announce it over dessert or before dinner and then expect everyone to eat like nothing happened? lol

MEK
Member Avatar

Nikki is not having a dinner party on Veteran's Day. She is hosting a fund raiser for Veterans on that day. The dinner party is a week later. I know this is a minority opinion but I don't think Victor will go off on Nikki when he finds out about Dylan. The one with the issues will be Nick. Not only because he dislikes Dylan but also he has always had a close special relationship with his mother and won't like the idea of her having another son.

Speaking of Victor for once I was cheering him on when he lit into the hypocritical piece of trash Sharon the other day. The delusional tramp actually had the gaul to say she always put her kids first. Good for Victurd for pointing out to her that she always put her needs and wants before her kids. Of course so does Victor but that does not make what he said to Sharon any less true.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Victor has every right to rip Sharon up. She's trash that his son picked up because it had a pretty wrapper.
'Throw it away, you don't know where it's been!'
Nick is being kind.
The way Victor has been bad mouthing women that leave their kids tells me that he isn't going to handle things well.
At the dinner party, Nikki will say,
'please pass my son Dylan the mashed potatoes.'
Dylan will drop them and Nick will throw his sweet potato at him. Doesn't dare try to fight him. Look where it got him last time? :D

shark
Member Avatar

Dylan will end up being CEO of something of the other instead of the coffee shop. All he's done is construction work, went overseas, come back and bought a coffee shop , but , in soapland he will be running an international empire by the end of the week he's told he's a Newman. At least half breed Newman.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply