Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: November Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 2 2013, 10:20 PM (12,391 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

LPS
Nov 12 2013, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but Sonny did shower Michael with more attention, therefore, I feel Morgan is just stating a fact.
I agree Sonny has favored Michael, but that isn't Michael's fault. If Morgan wants to blame someone, then he should blame Carly! Carly took him away from Sonny and shipped his ass off to boarding school.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

- Dammit, why didn't Kiki drown? I loathe the character more with each passing day.

- Sonny is, was, and will always be a manwhore. Connie's been dead, what? Five minutes?
Edited by Sable Colby, Nov 12 2013, 11:10 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Enjoyed these art gallery episodes more than I expected, even though I needed a Franco/Carly and Sonny/Olivia love scene montage like I needed a hole in the head, and Franco just needs to pack up his half dozen backstories and his tiny violin and get outta town. And really it's been far too long since there was a hint of the Scorpios. I don't understand why they don't keep some thread of it as the D story. But I enjoyed the rest.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

My take on the Michael/Morgan/Kiki mess is all three are at fault so I don't find any one of them to be rootable. As for the Michael/Morgan rivalry...with all the drama surrounding Michael as they were growing up (his shooting/one year coma, going to jail for killing Claudia the main ones) it is understandable if Morgan felt that he was the third wheel with Carson. BUT he wasn't with Carjax. Jax and Morgan clearly had a good father/son relationship and Sonny tried to kill Jax which led to Morgan's being sent away. Just to clarify this happened 2 years ago. I would LOVE it if part of Morgan's vendetta against Sonny stemmed from this. From trying to kill his father (Jax) and sending him out of town into hiding, thus depriving Morgan of a huge father-figure in his life.

Sonny and Olivia. While I do think Lisa has more chemistry with Maurice than either of the actresses who played Kate/Connie, I kind of liked them as they were. And the minute Brenda comes back to town, it's going to be Olivia who? Still I've always found Sonny much more tolerable with Olivia than her cousin so I am good with this for now. And now I really need a conversation between Michael and Dante about their biological parents hooking up.

six
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Nov 13 2013, 02:21 AM
And really it's been far too long since there was a hint of the Scorpios. I don't understand why they don't keep some thread of it as the D story. But I enjoyed the rest.
This is one of GH's big problems. Stories are completely backburnered for long stretches.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

six
Nov 13 2013, 10:12 AM
granolagirl
And really it's been far too long since there was a hint of the Scorpios. I don't understand why they don't keep some thread of it as the D story. But I enjoyed the rest.
This is one of GH's big problems. Stories are completely backburnered for long stretches.
It's a Cartini problem. It was the same way on OLTL. They have many good qualities, but their storyline distribution and pacing has always been a little wonky. I remember reading (at least about OLTL) that it has something to do with saving $$, but it doesn't make it suck any less.

gtj16

Lulu really turned up the heat today with bringing up Robin's death. Just goes to show you what a desperate person can do to a friend. Maxie brought this on her self though when she lied all these months. I do not see them getting past very soon and that is if they ever do.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Sable Colby
Nov 13 2013, 02:54 PM
six
Nov 13 2013, 10:12 AM
granolagirl
It's a Cartini problem. It was the same way on OLTL. They have many good qualities, but their storyline distribution and pacing has always been a little wonky. I remember reading (at least about OLTL) that it has something to do with saving $$, but it doesn't make it suck any less.
I think part of the wonky pacing at least here at GH is due to actor availability. Cartini are open to bringing past characters back on canvas, such as Felicia, Lucy and Kevin but when you do this you are dependent on the actor's schedules. Ron confirmed in the recent Michael Logan interview that Kimberly McCullough's sudden availability pushed other stories such as AJ's trial to the backburner. It has to be quite the juggling act. And Nikolas's character was kind of in limbo until they knew they had Tyler on contract. There does seem to be more of a churn and flux with the actors on GH than Days which I find leads to a more vibrant canvas on GH.

Now we come to the good stuff. And it's going to get even better with Robin back tomorrow. I do like how they are writing Dante as more sympathetic to Maxie than Lulu, and how he's seeing the big picture more. Was also great to see Felicia, Sonny and Olivia at the trial with Luke and Tracy babysitting. Ellie put her foot in it with those two referring to Connie as Damian's. I wish instead of the Carly/Froddy afterglow scenes we got to see more of Lante with Luke and Tracy. Those scenes seemed a bit rushed.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I wonder if Spinelli ends up being granted sole custody over Spixie's daughter. Maxie might be "unfit" but Spin isn't.

And :x Franco/Carly in bed.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Nov 13 2013, 07:59 PM
I wonder if Spinelli ends up being granted sole custody over Spixie's daughter. Maxie might be "unfit" but Spin isn't.

I think that's exactly what will happen. With Ellie playing a pivotal role.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

JarlenaLante
Nov 13 2013, 07:30 PM
There does seem to be more of a churn and flux with the actors on GH than Days which I find leads to a more vibrant canvas on GH.
Well put! Days has this weird combination of super high-stakes storytelling with fairly stagnant character dynamics. Right now, even given a lot of flaws, I'm enjoying the ebb and flow on GH paired with ((somewhat)) more grounded drama.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Dear Carly,
Stay the hell away from my son.

Hugs,
Heather Weber

:blulaugh:

I like having Heather's crazy around.

six
Member Avatar

I understand the difficulties that actor availability can cause, but I do think the writers could do more to keep the back burnered stories alive. At one point, I started wondering if SK had been let go and his story had been dropped. There are several people who are on screen daily who have an interest in that story. Some of them could have been talked about it more often, to signal that it hadn't been scrapped, like the Deception story.
Edited by six, Nov 14 2013, 12:30 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Nov 13 2013, 07:59 PM

Oh Gawd, I haven't seen THAT yet. :-/

I just finished the Halloween episode which seemed to last for ten episodes.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I think in general GH has WAY more characters than they can write for on a consistent basis, and it seems they keep adding more.

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 12 2013, 05:19 PM
Anon
Nov 12 2013, 05:00 PM
Morgan was only aware that Kiki was attracted to his brother after he was already in love with her. What he did after that is well in keeping with a 19 year old who is in his first serious relationship.

He was still wrong to do what he did, and if he was not aware that he was wrong, he was told it was the wrong thing to do and he should wait. He got good advice, but chose to ignore it. Nineteen is more than old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. He is condemning everyone as if he was totally innocent in all this and he isn't.

Morgan also had the habit of pressuring Kiki into saying, "i love you", and into delving further into the relationship.
He had known,deep inside, that she was not into their relationship on the same level or he wouldn't have pressured her in the first place.
I do agree that all 3 are in the wrong.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Bringing up Robin's death to use against Maxie was as about as low Lulu could get. My sympathy for her in this situation is gone after that!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Nov 14 2013, 03:18 PM
Bringing up Robin's death to use against Maxie was as about as low Lulu could get. My sympathy for her in this situation is gone after that!
Yeah, the only person I have continued to empathize with in this whole mess is Dante. I predict once this trial is over things will be very strained between Lulu and Dante.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Let's guess,they'll either bring up LuLu's abortion or Logan or both.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I dislike this custody battle hot azz mess. It's so ugly, and IMO it's gonna get uglier. Too bad Lulu & Maxie couldn't resolve it amicably.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply