Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No news on production for AMC to resume
Topic Started: Nov 3 2013, 08:01 PM (611 Views)
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Posted Image
:frustration: :toetap: :badmood: :facepalm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

It's not happening ....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I really don't think it is (for either show). They should have just left it alone! :shame:

JosieComesHome

I would happily welcome AMC back if it does return. But if it doesn't, I have to say that airing 43 episodes without resolving anything, and leaving storylines hanging, is a terrible way for AMC (or OLTL, for that matter) to go off. AMC, in particular, had wrapped up its stories on ABC, except for the gunshot, and alot of people were ok with not knowing what had happened. Some people guessed JR had shot himself or the wall, and those who had wondered back when the episode aired in 2011 had stopped wondering by 2013. That's just how things go as life goes on and new things become more interesting or important. IMO, if this is how it all ends, we didn't need the '13 episodes, and I'd rather AMC hadn't come back at all. But if AMC does return, I hope they learn a huge lesson and don't start stories they can't finish. That's just not fair to the audience.

OliveAnn

I honestly feel for the cast and crew of both Prospect Park shows. Their careers are pretty much in a limbo. Formally, they're employed, but they're not working. The sensible thing to do would be to move on and try to find work somewhere else, somewhere more secure. Pilot season is just around the corner, some networks are already beginning the casting process. But, the actors are bound to these two shows by a contract and who knows if they can ask to be let go so that they can pursue other opportunities. It really isn't fair towards them.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Can they really be that bound if Kaye was able to bolt for B&B?

The OLTL cast in particular needs to be looking elsewhere for sure, it won't ever be back even if AMC somehow is. It's too bad either were resurrected in the first place. Both had either great (OLTL) or passible (AMC) endings on ABC, totally wrecked and left in the air by PP. For AMC I don't know if I were a fan (and admittedly I've never been one) if I'd have wanted the ABC ending undone, atleast not for this. There was symmetry in the show ending with the only original cast member being shot dead, like this show was Erica's story from start to finish. It's hard to find a legitimate story reason to explain why you're not following the characters anymore, people get married or move away all the time on these shows but that's been the standard ending for most shows. They accidentally (again thanks to PP) fell into the perfect ending.

OliveAnn

Drew
Nov 5 2013, 11:07 PM
Can they really be that bound if Kaye was able to bolt for B&B?

I honestly forgot all about him, so that didn't even occur to me. But, yeah, if he was able to move onto a new gig, then maybe the actors aren't that bound to PP contractually. Maybe their contracts expired when the last episode of the "season" was filmed and they haven't re-signed anythign yet, making moving on easier. I hope that's the case, because all of them need to look for new jobs now, since it's pretty clear that this whole experiment failed.

JosieComesHome

Drew
Nov 5 2013, 11:07 PM
For AMC I don't know if I were a fan (and admittedly I've never been one) if I'd have wanted the ABC ending undone, atleast not for this. There was symmetry in the show ending with the only original cast member being shot dead, like this show was Erica's story from start to finish.
I was a longtime AMC fan, and I didn't want the ending messed around with, and that's just what we got. It's all well and good to say that PP was innovative and took chances and made something happen, and isn't it wonderful? But you can't take an ending and mess around with it, start new stories that screw with what we saw in September 2011, and leave them hanging. You just can't. I can block out what I saw in 2013 and say that Tad didn't disappear on Dixie for months/years to do detective work, Kendall and Zach are together and happy, the Hubbards' daughter didn't get kidnapped and raped, Bianca and Marissa are living happily together somewhere, and David and Cara are raising their child together. I didn't need what we saw this year, and I especially didn't need it if things got messed with and left open. But I can pretend that PV 2013 didn't happen, and that may be what I'll have to do if AMC doesn't come back and wrap things up nice and tidy.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I will give them credit for the younger scene they were creating. There was a ton of potential there and good casting. But the rest, yeah. There's a reason I didn't make it past the two week mark with this show. Secret guardians, mysterious criminal organizations, comas, supercops .... it was all too Days of Our Lives and cheezeball.

I thought the desire going in was a more mature and edgy style of storytelling. I was expecting something half-way in the direction of the UK soaps by all their talk but it was little better than the worst soap on network TV, just with temporary profanity.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply