Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ian Patrick Williams returns to Days in record-breaking 5th role; Debuts later this month
Topic Started: Nov 5 2013, 01:23 AM (2,786 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

HEY THERE, DON'T YOU LOOK FAMILIAR??...IAN PATRICK WILLIAMS BACK ON "DAYS" IN RECORD-BREAKING FIFTH ROLE

Ian Patrick Williams, who has had 4 recurring roles on "Days" in the past, is returning to the show later this month for his record-breaking 5th recurring role (for stats purposes, a role lasting at least 5 episodes). Listed as simply "Gentleman" on some of the Christmas paperwork, Williams revealed his character's name on IMDB: Percy Ruggles. Look for Williams to make his debut as Percy on November 26.

"Days" fans may remember him for two of his most memorable roles on the show...he played Steve Kendall, the pilot that Vivian drugged and caused to crash the plane that Kate Roberts was on in 1995 (causing Kate to go missing for a year) and later would play Mimi Lockhart's father, David Lockhart in 2000 and 2002. His other recurring roles were as Dr. Bert Klein (Vivian's sanitarium doctor) in 1998; and Dr. Adams (Lucas' doctor in San Diego) in 2002.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Hope doesn't need Bo's permission to move on. - KA

For some reason, the moment I saw his pic, I immediately thought "Liam's dad". Or possibly a an uncle of Liam's.

Or perhaps, he'll be a new love interest for Hope.

naptown
Member Avatar

Percy Ruggles? Is he the new headmaster at Hogwarts or the coach of the Salem Quidditch team?

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

naptown
Nov 5 2013, 02:00 AM
Percy Ruggles? Is he the new headmaster at Hogwarts or the coach of the Salem Quidditch team?
:lol: Too funny!

jwsel
Member Avatar

Since I always hope for a return of the ISA to Days, I have to say that Percy Ruggles sounds like a great name for an ISA chief or partner. And Ian Patrick Williams has played a lot of European roles -- he was Hanso, the guy who funded the Others on Lost.

Another thought is that his dates also seem to dovetail with the arrival of Liam, so maybe there is a connection. Maybe a dying father. We know Liam will be at the hospital and this would be a way to bring him in if he isn't a doctor. I just cringe at the possibility of a character named Liam Ruggles.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

jwsel
Nov 5 2013, 04:34 AM
I just cringe at the possibility of a character named Liam Ruggles.
Same here! If Percy is Liam's father or uncle, lets hope Liam has a different last name.

KAM

Jason, do you know what Gentleman Percy Ruggles will be doing in Salem at Christmas? Will this be further teased in your Christmas thread?

Thanks for the post.

OliveAnn

MissFancyFace
Nov 5 2013, 03:06 AM
naptown
Where on Earth do they come up with these names? Percy and Bev? What's next? Wilma?

Jason47
Member Avatar

KAM
Nov 5 2013, 12:38 PM
Jason, do you know what Gentleman Percy Ruggles will be doing in Salem at Christmas? Will this be further teased in your Christmas thread?

Thanks for the post.
He's in an episode or two before the Christmas episodes, so I don't think it's part of my teasers. I think his scenes take place at Horton Town Square if I remember correctly.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Nov 5 2013, 12:53 PM
MissFancyFace
Nov 5 2013, 03:06 AM
naptown
Where on Earth do they come up with these names? Percy and Bev? What's next? Wilma?
At least their names aren't Fancy and Pretty, ala Passions. :facepalm:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply