Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 5 2013, 02:50 AM (8,562 Views)
Keith
Member Avatar

blueskies
Nov 6 2013, 08:02 AM
also someone said somewhere about how can Brady get married in a church b/c of his marriage to Chloe,

I remember very distinctly Chloe trying to get Lucas to agree to an annulment so she and Daniel could marry in the church. I don't remember anything about Brady but if she was going after Lucas, presumably Chloe & Brady also had an annulment (I can only presume).
No. Brady and Chloe got a divorce. Several scenes from NB's return in '07 indicate this explicitly. The writers just like to forget how things work.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KAM

magicsteacher
Nov 6 2013, 08:58 AM
S loves EJ
Nov 6 2013, 07:07 AM
Matt
Nov 5 2013, 01:18 PM
*snicker* EJ: "Samantha, your brother is a better person than your or I will ever be COMBINED."

Eric is the better person, but Ejami being bad is what makes them interesting.

magicsteacher
Nov 5 2013, 10:04 PM
jaygal
Nov 5 2013, 03:20 PM
Started watching days, whilst eating a bit of yummy food, then Ejami appeared. :x
Will resume watching in a bit.
And the purpose of that ejami scene was...???

That is like asking what is the purpose of any characters having sex unless they are planning a pregnancy storyline. Im sure you were not asking that when Safe were having sex. :rolleyes:

I wasn't only referring to the sex...never mentioned it. I simply didn't see the purpose for the scene. We already knew how Sami felt about Kristen and how she felt about the Bristen wedding and why. To me it was repetitive and a filler as is much of what Tomsell writes.
IMO, as I responded above, the scene was definitely less about Kristen this time than it was about Eric. All the viewers -- and EJ -- know how Sami feels about EJ's sister. What the writers wanted to reaffirm was how Sami feels about her brother. She said he's her hero and EJ acknowledged his goodness. Then EJ finds his sister has done something vile to that good brother...and is even planning to drug him again as a cover up of her crime.

So what will EJ do about that sister of his? Surely he will at least try to prevent Kristen from repeating her drugging crime. Please God, no more 'potions.' Beyond that, isn't everyone pretty sure he will not do the right thing to expose Kristen.

So if the scene failed in its purpose and came across as just redundant Bristen baiting by Sami, then IMO it was the break down/script writers failure in the way they chose to set it up. You didn't mention that it was a sex scene, but maybe that's part of the reason why its purpose failed. The sex set up was just too familiar...or too distracting. But I think the idea of the dialog in the beginning and the confrontation at the end of the episode was a good concept -- very soapy.

michr544125

Loved seeing Lucas but why does it look like he was wearing his son's shirt? That shirt reminds me of one that Will has worn a couple of times :tounge: .

Blake Berris is by far the best actor on this show. He steals every scene he is in. Yet, he's barely on. Figures.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 6 2013, 12:11 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 6 2013, 12:06 PM
Loved seeing Lucas but why does it look like he was wearing his son's shirt? That shirt reminds me of one that Will has worn a couple of times :tounge: .

It might be true I remember in 2004 both lucas and Patrick wear the same shirt

Lil
Member Avatar

Kristen's hissy fit was the highlight of the episode for me...Well that and seeing Luicas and Kate in scenes together (more please! Can we have a mother/son scheme?)

Jordan is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. And the cookie flashbacks are stupid. In fact, I couldn't give two farts about Rafe OR Jordan...Can we get Kate the Hell out of there, please?

Nick's "Question mark" made me LOL Nick is another character that is being wasted on complete and utter crap. Add to that list Sonny...

SlaMANly ...Blech. Ali Sweeney continues to suck more and more.

What a bore this show has become. And when it isn't just completely boring, it's a hot fucking mess.

Lil
Member Avatar

lso...Brady's jacket was RIDICULOUS...I LOL'd at that too.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 5 2013, 10:17 PM
six
Nov 5 2013, 03:36 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 5 2013, 03:19 PM
six
Nov 5 2013, 01:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
lol...but this chick is stranger than strange though...according to Kate's PI...Jordan Ridgeway didn't exist till she came to Salem as a PT...hmmmm....code for....I'm making believe I'm someone I'm not....
Oh, agreed. But Kate only knows that because she's investigating her and I don't think Jordan really did anything to warrant doing that.

I guess Jordan's professionalism would seem out of place in a hospital where two people have public break ups in the hallway every other week.

I guess we're suppose to buy her investigating Jordan beca use she's ever so worried that Rafe is still in danger due to the whole Bernardi/Stefano thing... Even though that whole thing is completely wrapped up :rolleyes:
I don't think we're supposed to believe that. I think the writers revealed Kate's true motivation through having EJ and Lucas both say she felt threatened by Jordan's youth etc.

I really hate this story. Kate pulled herself up from nothing and her self worth wasn't completely tied up in her ability to get younger men. And while Kate is getting up in age, it's not like she's over the hill and Rafe was her last chance.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 5 2013, 10:17 PM
six
Nov 5 2013, 03:36 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 5 2013, 03:19 PM
six
Nov 5 2013, 01:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
lol...but this chick is stranger than strange though...according to Kate's PI...Jordan Ridgeway didn't exist till she came to Salem as a PT...hmmmm....code for....I'm making believe I'm someone I'm not....
Oh, agreed. But Kate only knows that because she's investigating her and I don't think Jordan really did anything to warrant doing that.

I guess Jordan's professionalism would seem out of place in a hospital where two people have public break ups in the hallway every other week.

I guess we're suppose to buy her investigating Jordan beca use she's ever so worried that Rafe is still in danger due to the whole Bernardi/Stefano thing... Even though that whole thing is completely wrapped up :rolleyes:
Just because Sami intervened to thwart Stefano's original scheme,does not mean that Stefano has in fact completely abandoned the thought of revenge against Rafe. It is reasonable for Kate as she is written to check on what she perceived as suspicious behavior in her interactions with Jordan.Based on the fact that there is no record of Jordan's existence prior to three years or whatever is definitely suspicious.She may be formally part of the witness protection plan,someone of their own accord changing their identity to avoid some prior problem in their life,personal or professional,an undercover law enforcement agent,or a plant by Stefano or some other criminal entity although the latter is unlikely given that Kate compiled the list of candidates for Rafe's therapist.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply