Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOAPNet gone in December; Bad news for Days and GH fans!
Topic Started: Nov 6 2013, 01:08 AM (4,032 Views)
i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

I was over at the SO board and I happened to see this bit of news on the Soaps section. Don't know what to say about it. I'm a bit disappointed because I won't be able to catch Days if I miss an episode in the afternoon. It will be a big loss to a lot of people. :shame:

http://www.ranchomurieta.com/groups/news/soapnet-stop-broadcasting-end-year
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Oh. Well, then I can cancel that part of my DirecTV. The only reason I kept some extras was so I could get Soapnet, but without soapnet, I'm just not interested in the extras.

Too bad.

We can still watch Days via nbc.com though. Just grab the app. Be aware, though...the commercials are very repetitive. They ought to mix it up more.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I usually watch the first run of 'Days' on NBC, but I'd like to know where I'll be getting my 'Veronica Mars' and 'Gilmore Girls' fixes now!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phloe3

youtube had Days and I don't think there are commercials

Jason47
Member Avatar

In this day and age, at least we will still have Hulu.com & NBC.com keeping the episodes up for two weeks, but it will make it harder for me to keep a copy of the episodes when there are local preemptions. It's been nice having the past decade or so of SoapNet, and not worrying anymore about local preemptions.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Nov 6 2013, 01:12 AM
I usually watch the first run of 'Days' on NBC, but I'd like to know where I'll be getting my 'Veronica Mars' and 'Gilmore Girls' fixes now!
Gilmore Girls is on ABC Family too.

michr544125

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of hulu or nbc.com watching with how often Days is interrupted locally. Bummer I really loved having SN as a back up.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Dang it. Soapnet is how Im able to watch both GH and Days in the evenings. I dont have DVR service.
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Nov 6 2013, 07:07 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

:(

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Sad. I haven't had SoapNet in almost two years (XFINITY Subscriber). I ended up having to give up everything besides Days because I just can't keep up with them in an online format. SoapNet hasn't really been SoapNet in awhile though. They should have jumped on the bandwagon and began airing classic episodes/the nighttime soaps again. What are they even airing right now besides Days, GH, and Y&R?

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

^^^ their not even airing YnR episodes. Other than the soaps they are airing One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Beverly Hills 90210,(cant remember what else)

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Yeah, this is a bummer. I haven't had it for about a year now and it is more difficult to watch more than 1 soap when you are watching online only. I tend to watch more of GH than Days for that reason, but luckily there are still some youtube channels still posting stuff, but even those are seeming to be zapped more lately.

Marlene

I, too, lost soapnet in the first wave right after OLTL went off the air. I had started to watch GH but that stopped once I lost soapnet. As JarlenaLante says, it's difficult to watch more than one soap when you're watching on line. And even though I do DVR Days, I tend to watch on line more than my DVR.

I feel bad for those of you who still had soapnet.

bdboston

How I miss the days when SoapNet aired reruns of "Ryan's Hope"! I was really getting into it when they pulled it from the schedule.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Here is what the soapnet Wikipedia page says...

Based on a Comcast web page listing upcoming contract renewals, Soapnet is listed as "ceasing operations" in December 2013.[15] It also is listed as ending on or after December 17 on Charter Communications's channel lineup change page,[16] and December 31 for AT&T U-verse,[17] along with Cox Communications.[18]

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm not watching Y&R right now but it went to The TV Guide Network and there are some people like me who have AT&T Uverse and other companies that don't even carry the channel. It was nice to have almost all the shows on one network after they originally aired in daytime and it's sad that it came to an end.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The best thing ever:

A HDTV and a computer with an HDMI-Out port. Hulu Plus to watch it on TV? Pfft. The only monthly fee is the $7 to Netflix, and in my case the $50/year for an American VPN.
Edited by Drew, Nov 6 2013, 12:36 PM.

LanteFan
Member Avatar

It's not a big loss anymore, at least to me. back when it first started I use to love the channel with Soap talk, Port Charles, Dallas one day with Wally, ect .. but then came the teen shows and movies, and it lost it's use for me.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Sorry about this. :(

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

SoapNet is still on? WTF

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply