Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOAPNet gone in December; Bad news for Days and GH fans!
Topic Started: Nov 6 2013, 01:08 AM (3,990 Views)
Safensane

I for one will miss Soapnet. It's the only way I can DVR it in it's entirety .... here there's always some interruption or late start due to a breaking news flash or some "important" political speech! I would love to see NBC replay Days late at nite after all the talk shows around 2:00 OR 3:00 A.M. Besides, Soapnet puts together some of the best entertaining commercials/promos ever!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Since I discovered I can catch General Hospital anytime on my OnDemand about a year ago, I stopped watching SOAPNet.

But boy it was tremendous for us soap fans when it was really, really all about the soaps ... Back in 2006, 2007, that's pretty much the only channel my TV would be set to.

dooldooldool

EJ_SamiFF
Nov 6 2013, 07:07 AM
Dang it. Soapnet is how Im able to watch both GH and Days in the evenings. I dont have DVR service.
Go to your local Goodwill store and grab a $10-15 VCR. Try to find one with a dedicated remote. If there are no remotes, find a model that clearly has a MENU button on the actual unit so that you can set the time and timer. Usually there are $1 blank VHS around as well, though you can grab any VHS movie tape (for what, 33 cents these days?), slap some tape across the little "hole" and record away.

Comcast charges $12/month for their DVR service. I always have a spare VCR when they inevitably die. You can get a "new" one from a thrift store every month and still be ahead of the game.
Edited by dooldooldool, Nov 14 2013, 03:23 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I like your reasoning, dooldooldool.

I still have two VCR's around the house. Have the entire season of RuPaul's Drag Race: Season One on tape since they won't release it to DVD.

VCRs get a lot of disrespect but I love them.

That's not to say I'm not contemporary though because I also own a Roku and love the heck out of it too!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

According to it's Wikipedia page,soapnet is gone Dec.31st.

DavidSS

dooldooldool
Nov 14 2013, 03:22 AM
EJ_SamiFF
Nov 6 2013, 07:07 AM
Dang it. Soapnet is how Im able to watch both GH and Days in the evenings. I dont have DVR service.
Go to your local Goodwill store and grab a $10-15 VCR. Try to find one with a dedicated remote. If there are no remotes, find a model that clearly has a MENU button on the actual unit so that you can set the time and timer. Usually there are $1 blank VHS around as well, though you can grab any VHS movie tape (for what, 33 cents these days?), slap some tape across the little "hole" and record away.

Comcast charges $12/month for their DVR service. I always have a spare VCR when they inevitably die. You can get a "new" one from a thrift store every month and still be ahead of the game.
Yeah this is one of the EASIER options if you don't want to get a DVR. Hell I still do this, if my DVR is full. Just get a old movie tape, slap some tape on it and set the timer, (make sure to either set it on SP or EP or SLP) and then have it record :)

coconuts_dog_red

They Should Put Days And GH On TV Guide Channel They Already Got Y&R And The Bold And The Beautiful On There. Who Else Thinks That Will Happen Come January 2014?

paul89

wash everything online lol
in the pass i use to use VHS/DVD DVD never worked for me so yea lol

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

coconuts_dog_red
Dec 15 2013, 01:39 PM
They Should Put Days And GH On TV Guide Channel They Already Got Y&R And The Bold And The Beautiful On There. Who Else Thinks That Will Happen Come January 2014?
Not everyone gets that channel either. AT&T Uverse doesn't offer it at all.

Lori

We lost our Soap Net from Comcast at midnight last night. It's not hard to work around it but still I'll miss it.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i no longer have soap net. i have charter communications

james0479
Member Avatar

I'll miss the option to see Days even if the local channel has a weather report that lasts all day or the inevitable breaking news. SoapNet was SO cool in it's earlier years so in essence it's been gone for a long time. It was a nice idea and I hate it didn't work. It WOULD be cool for TVGuide network to pick up same day episodes....for those of us who get that channel obviously. But like others have mentioned, watching online is available. ;). RIP SoapNet

talbab1994
Member Avatar

We still have Soap Net till the end. The last show to be seen on the channel? General Hospital.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

All gone.

coconuts_dog_red

I Live In North Liberty Iowa And I Have Mediacom I Am Really Sad That Soapnet Will No Longer Be On Air But The Good News Is That General Hospital is On Demand They Should Definitely Put Days Of Our Lives On Demand And Also The Young And The Restless And The Bold And The Beautiful Because A Lot Of People Don't Have Tv Guide Channel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply