Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Genie Francis Let Go at GH
Topic Started: Nov 7 2013, 07:17 PM (7,057 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Spolier Confirmation: Genie Francis has been let go at GH.

It has been confirmed Laura is done at GH for now according to Frank Valentini but he said she will be back in the future. This information can be found in the coming attractions area on the GH Happenings page.

Soap Central

Edited by bellajewel, Nov 7 2013, 07:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Was she on-contract?

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Maybe GF asked time off & FV granted it to her. :shrug:
Edited by Dreamy, Nov 8 2013, 01:03 AM.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Total Bull! Instead of axing Genie Francis, one of the most popular soap legends, they should be axing people like Theresa Castillo(Sabrina), Bradford Anderson(Spinelli), Kirsten Storms(Maxie), Marc Samuel(Felix), Michael Easton(Silas), Roger Howarth(Franco) & Kristen Alderson(Kiki). I bet next will be the confirmation of the rumor of Sean Kanan(AJ) getting the ax as well, although I won't be as pissed since GH ruined AJ yet again.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Nov 7 2013, 09:52 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

They keep Kin Shriner but let go of Genie??? :blink:

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Casey
Nov 7 2013, 07:51 PM
Was she on-contract?
IDK. There's definitely a difference between "letting go" and "not using."

It doesn't seem like they are that interested in her right now, but I kind of wonder if it goes both ways. GF has mentioned how much she dislikes living in LA.

presley23
Member Avatar

Disappointing. Her whole return this time around definitely fell flat, mainly because the story seemed to change all of a sudden. I don't need to see Luke and Laura reunited, but I want to see Laura, the individual character, who has ties to other characters and should have her own life outside of L&L. I'm more interested in Laura than Luke TBH. Would love to see Stephen Nichols return as Stefan and go down that path again with Laura. I hope the situation changes and she comes back again soon.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I wonder if this was due to Genie wanting time off, or story line dictated? While it was great having Laura back on canvas, the writing for her seemed to be all over the place. First they did the 50th Anniversary Cassadine stuff, then the Scotty/Laura story, then Deception with Lucy. It all seemed to bounce around a bit. I also wonder what this means for a possible Stefan Cassadine return, as I think this was tied to Luke and Laura's story.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Maybe if they do have it in mind to bring Stefan back, they'll build it up a little more, because right now Luke and Laura have no story to bring him into. I thought his story with them was pretty played out and would need to be redeveloped to work.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This woman can NEVER seem to stay put on GH....she must be a nightmare to work with...her stints are always short everywhere she goes.

Reva Bend

I could've sworn early press/spoilers were re: a "big secret"...was that just being involved with Scott? Not so big...also, it was stated, suggested, whatever that she'd be there to figure into the Dante/Lulu vs. Maxie vs. Spinelli custody battle, along with Mac/Felicia...Laura IS THE HEART of this show, and I thought they knew that...so, either Genie was short-term and will be, again, OR the projected plot fell victim to the funky period between post-50th and late July...or both...as you may recall, all plots suffered, largely in part to the scramble to re-imagine the actors from OLTL as a result of the PP vs. ABC suit.

bygnedys

L.H. was reported as saying that the Deception Story was scraped for now for budget reasons. They could set up Franco's show but not her and Laura's stuff.

Outspoken comments by T.G. I think made them decide they didn't need Laura right now. You can usually tell when the show is not putting much interest in a character, especially an actress by the way they dress the character. They never even tried to show Laura as the beautiful and fun woman she is. T.G. scenes with her were so cold and made it clear he had not interest in doing it.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I so sorry that GH let GF is no longer with the show. I thought GH gave GF better material when she was working at YR.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

L.H. was reported as saying that the Deception Story was scraped for now for budget reasons. They could set up Franco's show but not her and Laura's stuff.

TPTB are full of Posted Image :soapbox: If they were really interested in GF and the storyline, they could cut some of the boring unpopular characters that are wasting airtime.

Quote:

Outspoken comments by T. G. I think made them decide they didn't need Laura right now. You can usually tell when the show is not putting much
interest in a character, especially an actress by the way they dress the character. They never even tried to show Laura as the beautiful and fun woman she is. T. G. scenes with her were so cold and made it clear he had no interest in doing it.

THIS. TPTB at GH listen to T.G. and what he says carries a whole lot of weight, IMO. TPTB gave GF a raw deal. :ermm:

Edited by bellajewel, Nov 9 2013, 03:03 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

bellajewel
Nov 9 2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:

TPTB are full of Posted Image :soapbox: If they were really interested in GF and the storyline, they could cut some of the boring unpopular characters that are wasting airtime.

Quote:

Outspoken comments by T. G. I think made them decide they didn't need Laura right now. You can usually tell when the show is not putting much
interest in a character, especially an actress by the way they dress the character. They never even tried to show Laura as the beautiful and fun woman she is. T. G. scenes with her were so cold and made it clear he had no interest in doing it.

THIS. TPTB at GH listen to T.G. and what he says carries a whole lot of weight, IMO. TPTB gave GF a raw deal. :ermm:

ITA, they scrapped the Deception storyline and replaces it with the Franco/Kiki/Michael/Sonny/ Morgan show.
GF deserved better from the TPTB at GH, IMO.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Dang,I really wanted Laura there for her daughter for once,poor a LuLu,her parents are always incognito.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

GF deserved better from TPTB at GH, IMO.

Amen. IMO TPTB is sacrificing a legendary actor for Franco the clown. She definately could have a place on the canvas, fitting perfectly
into storylines. But, TPTB decide to keep Franco the clown instead! It's not right. :shame:

If GF decided not to comeback, I wouldn't blame her. TPTB haven't treated her fairly. However, she loves GH IMO she'll return when TPTB want
her to comeback again.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 9 2013, 03:53 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Snowing Fan
Nov 9 2013, 03:22 PM
Dang,I really wanted Laura there for her daughter for once,poor a LuLu,her parents are always incognito.
Quote:

Dang, I really wanted Laura there for her daughter for once.

I was hoping Laura would be there for Lulu too, they could finally build a close relationship.

salempc
Member Avatar

I love Genie, but I can take or leave Laura on GH. I started watching in the early 80's just as she came back and just as quickly she was gone again, so my attachment to GH isn't dependent on her presence. I enjoy her when she's there and don't give her much thought when she's not.
It'll never happen in a million years and Tomsell et al would just ruin it anyway, but I'd tune in Days to see her back as Diana. I was a big Roman/Diana fan way back when.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sad to hear, just because Laura is such a special part of GH history. I hope Francis and GH can come to some agreement that will bring her back soon when they need her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply