Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Genie Francis Let Go at GH
Topic Started: Nov 7 2013, 07:17 PM (6,205 Views)
Kriss4

granolagirl
Nov 8 2013, 11:37 AM
Maybe if they do have it in mind to bring Stefan back, they'll build it up a little more, because right now Luke and Laura have no story to bring him into. I thought his story with them was pretty played out and would need to be redeveloped to work.
I don't know what she's like to work with. I do wonder sometimes, but a lot of actors who've worked with her have good things to say about her, at least on a professional level. I think if she's been difficult at GH, it's in part because she has a very mixed history with people behind the scenes there. They didn't look out for Genie when she was young...she's been pretty frank about that. But she does have long-time friends, right? So...maybe it's a mixed bag. Good days and bad.

Like everyone else, probably.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

titan1978
Member Avatar

She was not really being used to her potential. It's obvious Geary was fighting against the possibility of being romantically paired with her. The genuine love and chemistry Luke and Laura have was still present when she woke up from her coma the first time. Now he clearly is fighting the intentions of having him at least be pulled in her direction.

I am hopeful that Frank will bring her back when there is a story for her. She has no interest in being recurring from what I have read, so unless there is a contract I think she is not going to play.
I can't blame her. I think she has more value than Luke right now, but ABC will always go with Geary over her.

thepadange

salempc
Nov 9 2013, 03:41 PM
I love Genie, but I can take or leave Laura on GH. I started watching in the early 80's just as she came back and just as quickly she was gone again, so my attachment to GH isn't dependent on her presence. I enjoy her when she's there and don't give her much thought when she's not.
It'll never happen in a million years and Tomsell et al would just ruin it anyway, but I'd tune in Days to see her back as Diana. I was a big Roman/Diana fan way back when.
ICAM. She sounded pretty excited to come back to GH, also there were lots of PR, but she didn't have even a single noticable scene on the show this year. All just dull.

I also don't think it will ever happen but Good, how I'd love to see her on Days again!!!!!! If she and Drake Hogestyn still share the same great chemistry they had 24-26 years ago!!!! I'm still rewatching their scenes on YT. They were funny as hell and added so much humor to the scenes even if it wasn't scripted. And both were saying really nice words about each other, even after more than 20 years.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 10 2013, 04:08 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

bellajewel
Nov 9 2013, 03:00 PM
TPTB at GH listen to T.G. and what he says carries a whole lot of weight, IMO. TPTB gave GF a raw deal. :ermm:

Raw deal is right. To hell with TG and what he thinks. I don't give a crap if he thinks that his gag worthy pairing with Tracy is awesome. Laura does not have to be tied to Luke to be on GH. Nikolas is in town and Lulu could really use her mother right about now. Why do they think that Laura must be tied to Luke to be in Port Charles? :soapbox:

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

JDeveraux_91
Nov 10 2013, 05:13 PM
bellajewel
Nov 9 2013, 03:00 PM
TPTB at GH listen to T.G. and what he says carries a whole lot of weight, IMO. TPTB gave GF a raw deal. :ermm:

Raw deal is right. To hell with TG and what he thinks. I don't give a crap if he thinks that his gag worthy pairing with Tracy is awesome. Laura does not have to be tied to Luke to be on GH. Nikolas is in town and Lulu could really use her mother right about now. Why do they think that Laura must be tied to Luke to be in Port Charles? :soapbox:
Exactly. Laura was in PC before Luke ever showed his damn face. She even had a hit pairing with Scotty and Laura. She is the character that helped make Luke Spencer a success. Not the other way around. F**k TG.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Nov 8 2013, 09:05 AM
I wonder if this was due to Genie wanting time off, or story line dictated? While it was great having Laura back on canvas, the writing for her seemed to be all over the place. First they did the 50th Anniversary Cassadine stuff, then the Scotty/Laura story, then Deception with Lucy. It all seemed to bounce around a bit. I also wonder what this means for a possible Stefan Cassadine return, as I think this was tied to Luke and Laura's story.
Probably a result of that Anthony Geary interview where he stated he despises Luke and Laura and never wants to revisit that.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 8 2013, 01:10 PM
This woman can NEVER seem to stay put on GH....she must be a nightmare to work with...her stints are always short everywhere she goes.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that she was a nightmare to work with when she played Diana on DAYS years ago.
Edited by Tammy, Nov 12 2013, 11:02 PM.

thepadange

Tammy
Nov 12 2013, 11:01 PM
Mitchapalooza
This woman can NEVER seem to stay put on GH....she must be a nightmare to work with...her stints are always short everywhere she goes.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that she was a nightmare to work with when she played Diana on DAYS years ago.
Who said that? Because I remember reading that as Drake Hogestyn (who was her leading man during her two-year stint on Days) was asked in one of the internet chats whom from the former cast members he misses most, his answer was Genie Francis. They were even allowed to add some lines to their scripts so that it could be more funny. And even in 2012 GF said what a sweet man DH is.
I'm not easy at believing when people that are working together are saying 'oh how wonderful it is to work with x' but in that case there was no need to lie.
Maybe she was a nightmare for writers because she thought that her character was underdeveloped?
Edited by thepadange, Nov 13 2013, 04:04 AM.

tylerbo20

I'd love to see her back on days perhaps a new character maybe

natdot99
Member Avatar

I think GH said in an interview when she was on Oprah, that she didn't want to play a victim role on daytime soaps. She had a great storyline on Y&R but they made her a victim and decided to leave the show.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

natdot99
Nov 23 2013, 03:11 PM
I think GH said in an interview when she was on Oprah, that she didn't want to play a victim role on daytime soaps. She had a great storyline on Y&R but they made her a victim and decided to leave the show.
When it was confirmed Genie was at Y & R, I was optomistic, believing she would be a great addition to the storyline. But, the character Genieve was absolutely
terrible! Glad she decided to leave. However, Genie still returns to GH although TPTB have always given her a raw deal. This last time she came back, she
didn't really have a victim role...she was gradually rebuilding her life remarrying Scott, with a promising new job with Lucy. But, what did the PTB do???
They dropped the storyline, letting her go again.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 23 2013, 04:20 PM.

thepadange

natdot99
She didn't "leave" Y&R. She was fired (together with Debbi Morgan, Jennifer Landon and some months later - Stephen Nichols) when Jill Farren Phelps replaced Maria Arena Bell as EP.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 24 2013, 06:27 PM.

Amazee-Dayzee

So since Laura is now off-canvas, is Scott gonna get the marriage annulled?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Tammy
Nov 12 2013, 11:01 PM
Mitchapalooza
I heard that same rumor. That she was "difficult". Not mean or anything, just... difficult. Drake also speaks well of Staci Greason, that doesn't mean she wasn't also difficult there at the end. If he spoke badly of someone or something, it would reflect badly on him (case in point: Tony Geary's interview where he disses L&L).

I truly think the problem with GF is that GH's PTB really don't know where they have her. She comes and goes, and doesn't want to commit to anything from what I've read just recently. At least with Kimberly, they know they have this and this period, same with Tony and Anders Hove, so they make use of it. They can't seem to find a way to work it out, and she doesn't want to commit to them.

They manage to get good use out of Lynn Herring. They don't have her much, she lives a long drive away, but she nails everything they give her.

Of course, I have no relationship with Laura, so I don't really care either way. I thought GF looked so beautiful when she returned, but I just don't care much for her or for L&L (I love Luke and Tracy together). But then, I also had no relationship with Lucy, and I love her.

rebelstarter

I tuned in to GH from February-April and was extremely disappointed that they didn't reunite Luke and Laura for the 50th. I have been waiting over a decade for the #1 supercouple to reunite. It would be nice to have her on GH, but if she's not paired with Luke (a story 99% of fans have been waiting for), it's just a waste of her talents.

CJ127

I like Laura as well. Maybe she refused to prop Sabrina.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

I'd rather Genie return to Y&R, especially opposite Jack and Colin!

salempc
Member Avatar

I know it would never happen, but I'd love her back on Days as Diana, but it would also make me want Drake to be Roman again.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

salempc
Jan 6 2014, 10:21 AM
I know it would never happen, but I'd love her back on Days as Diana, but it would also make me want Drake to be Roman again.
I wasn't around during her time on DAYS. But I'd like to see her on that series as competition for several leading ladies.

natdot99
Member Avatar

bellajewel
Nov 23 2013, 04:14 PM
natdot99
When it was confirmed Genie was at Y & R, I was optomistic, believing she would be a great addition to the storyline. But, the character Genieve was absolutely
terrible! Glad she decided to leave. However, Genie still returns to GH although TPTB have always given her a raw deal. This last time she came back, she
didn't really have a victim role...she was gradually rebuilding her life remarrying Scott, with a promising new job with Lucy. But, what did the PTB do???
They dropped the storyline, letting her go again.

No, they decided to have Laura go chase after Luke for the million time in her life. I was looking forward to her running Deception and bonding with her children, but she decided to move on. GH is a legacy character and she should not be hired to propped TC character Sabrina.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply