Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Genie Francis Let Go at GH
Topic Started: Nov 7 2013, 07:17 PM (6,970 Views)
trojangal
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 6 2014, 11:13 AM
bellajewel
Nov 23 2013, 04:14 PM
natdot99
Nov 23 2013, 03:11 PM
I think GH said in an interview when she was on Oprah, that she didn't want to play a victim role on daytime soaps. She had a great storyline on Y&R but they made her a victim and decided to leave the show.
When it was confirmed Genie was at Y & R, I was optomistic, believing she would be a great addition to the storyline. But, the character Genieve was absolutely
terrible! Glad she decided to leave. However, Genie still returns to GH although TPTB have always given her a raw deal. This last time she came back, she
didn't really have a victim role...she was gradually rebuilding her life remarrying Scott, with a promising new job with Lucy. But, what did the PTB do???
They dropped the storyline, letting her go again.

No, they decided to have Laura go chase after Luke for the million time in her life. I was looking forward to her running Deception and bonding with her children, but she decided to move on. GH is a legacy character and she should not be hired to propped TC character Sabrina.
I am a little confused
By GH Do you mean GF as in the actress Genie Francis ?
Are you saying She was hired to prop TC's character Sabrina ?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Bottom line, i did not like what the PTB did to GF on GH. I really excited that they wanted to take her into another direction but they dropped it in favor of running Patrina for two years,

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Laura's latest return was a joke. And she was written weak again. And I don't see Genie sticking around at all for weak character writing.

trojangal
Member Avatar

livelikemusic
Jan 7 2014, 11:45 AM
Laura's latest return was a joke. And she was written weak again. And I don't see Genie sticking around at all for weak character writing.
They wasted Genie's return & it seemed like they didn't have a plan
for her.

trojangal
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 7 2014, 07:58 AM
Bottom line, i did not like what the PTB did to GF on GH. I really excited that they wanted to take her into another direction but they dropped it in favor of running Patrina for two years,
Not sure why tptb never did much when Genie F returned to play Laura
it was a missed opportunity.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply