Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 8 2013, 12:52 AM (26,159 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I was really disappointed with the wedding episode. It felt so sloppy and thrown together and comical. The scenes were so short, it didn't really build any kind of momentum or suspense for me personally. I really wasn't feeling it. The acting was good. The writing or the execution of the scenes...the timing. I don't know. SOMETHING was off.

I am so bummed.
Edited by King, Nov 9 2013, 02:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

DOOLette
Nov 9 2013, 06:59 AM
Newbie poster here, but seasoned reader :)

Love you all and thanks for some giggles, history and great comments.

Have been watching Days since almost day one, although the 1970s were a wee bit fuzzy...

Welcome to the board!! Hope you have a fun time here! :)

michr544125

King
Nov 9 2013, 02:50 PM
I was really disappointed with the wedding episode. It felt so sloppy and thrown together and comical. The scenes were so short, it didn't really build any kind of momentum or suspense for me personally. I really wasn't feeling it. The acting was good. The writing or the execution of the scenes...the timing. I don't know. SOMETHING was off.

I am so bummed.
I thought it was really good but I just feel that Days falls so flat compared to GH (the only other soap I watch) when it comes to big events and really anything.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah. I can definitely see that.

It just lacked an OOMPH.
Edited by King, Nov 9 2013, 03:26 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

DOOLette
Nov 9 2013, 06:59 AM
Newbie poster here, but seasoned reader :)

Love you all and thanks for some giggles, history and great comments.

Have been watching Days since almost day one, although the 1970s were a wee bit fuzzy...

Today's epi was PHENOMENAL. I hope that after taping there were many ^5s and back thumping among the cast & crew.
Good job, well done, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAYS!

Today made the past 6 months of snarling and FFing worth perservering through some of the story lines.

Oh, and Abigail, stuff a sock in it.

:welcome: :welcome:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

King
Nov 9 2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah. I can definitely see that.

It just lacked an OOMPH.
I thought I was the only one who noticed. Thursdays episode was far better.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Victor's lines were the best part.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

King

I am so bummed.
Maybe you should watch the youtube version then you won't get interupt
by boring characters and the scenes won't feel short just go ack a fiew
pages and you will find it.

Serenity 808

It was a great episode and was very well-acted, especially by Greg. The poor guy was just ruined, and it took just one look in Eric's eyes to see it.

Victor was great. He brought some needed humor and didn't miss a beat. I love how he insisted that everyone should watch the video again.

six
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 9 2013, 03:07 PM
King

I am so bummed.
I thought it was really good but I just feel that Days falls so flat compared to GH (the only other soap I watch) when it comes to big events and really anything.
Does that include this week? I was really underwhelmed by GH's big reveal after watching Days' reveal.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

I thought the reveal was great. I'm actually surprised. This is the first time I think I watched an episode twice since Zack's funeral.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 8 2013, 08:47 PM
Ophelia
Nov 8 2013, 02:44 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2013, 01:47 PM
Jordan moves around a lot...who is this chick?
ISA? Maybe she's undercover.
witness protection program
Isn't that sort of the same way Rafe met Sami? She was in a witness protection program and he was assigned to her?

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

six
Nov 9 2013, 05:29 PM
michr544125
King

I am so bummed.
Does that include this week? I was really underwhelmed by GH's big reveal after watching Days' reveal.
I usually praise GH over Dool big time but this week I think Dool's wedding destroyed that Franco mess GH had going on.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Nov 9 2013, 04:37 AM

I definitely enjoyed Victor the most. His one-liners, his smirks, his poker face coldness & him pocketing that DVD!!!! Welcome back Mr. Kiriakis, you old bastard! I felt the most sorry for Marlena. All she wanted to do was save one son from marrying a psychopath & ended up unknowingly hurting her other son. :shame
I feel sorry for her too, but I'm just glad she never trusted Kristen for one minute since she returned to Salem. She and Victor and Nicole were the only ones who kept their brains.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm watching the full-blown thing now on NBC.com. So I'll get to see the boring stuff. But yup, those expressions are priceless. I really liked it. Maybe it's cause I missed half the 80's and all the 90's, but I think it was pretty awesome, from the clips blue put on. And, I love me some Parker.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 8 2013, 01:49 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Nov 8 2013, 01:44 PM
WTF is wrong with Brady..beating up family over a lying piece of shit! Eric looks devasted.. having his raped broadcast like that in front of his family and friends has to be humiliating. Kristen is one sick bitch for taping herself committing rape. :x
And not only was his rape broadcast in front of his loved ones but they watched it twice. And then his dumbass step-brother had the nerve to hit him. Poor Eric. I hope they stretch this out with him. Rape is a horrific crime. It's not something you forget overnight. Days needs to stop trivializing it and acknowledge the emotional damage that is result of rape. They certainly have the perfect actor for the job.
Since Blake Berris is a terrific actor and they did nothing significant with any after math concerning Nick's prison rape, I don't have high hopes for their treatment of Eric's rape.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Nov 9 2013, 06:11 PM
six
michr544125
King

I am so bummed.
I usually praise GH over Dool big time but this week I think Dool's wedding destroyed that Franco mess GH had going on.
I'm more of a GH fan but I will admit days sweeps beat GH sweeps . I don't give a fuck about Franco and his paternity...

reaganstroller

MissLola
Nov 9 2013, 09:35 AM
rfsexton
Nov 9 2013, 09:30 AM
MissLola
Nov 9 2013, 09:28 AM
rfsexton
Nov 9 2013, 09:25 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Actually he did support her at the wedding.
anyone as criminally insane as Kristen will not see it that way nothing short of fully supporting her twisted lies would be seen as non supportive.

Nope. That's not what happens. My guess would be Will or Brady.
I think Eric will have some more symptoms from the poisoning.

Dee-anne

JtSmarts
Nov 9 2013, 06:11 PM
six
michr544125
King

I am so bummed.
I actually enjoyed GH more. There was more happening, and it was not as predictable. I wasn't sure half the time what was going to happen next, even though I do read their spoilers. Not so with Days. I don't think anything came as a surprise, although most of the main players did a good job, but it was not edge of your seat viewing for me. Neither was GH but I was more entertained by GH.

I am relieved that the reveal has finally taken place, but I was underwhelmed by it. Although I found parts amusing. I was also cringing at the way they kept watching the video in the church and all these people staring up at it and doing nothing to stop it from playing out. I guess I just hated this story and, I hate that to get to this stage, they had to turn Brady into a moron, and have Eric be so cruel to Nicole.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 9 2013, 03:36 AM
Laufeyson
Nov 9 2013, 01:34 AM
I was wondering, who replaces Rafe on the hospital bed?
It's a male character...
Okay, I've read this entire thread and I don't understand this "Rafe on the hospital bed" statement? Did I miss something in this thread or on the show?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply