Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 8 2013, 12:52 AM (26,325 Views)
cockymom
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Nov 9 2013, 08:43 PM
Jason47
Nov 9 2013, 03:36 AM
Laufeyson
Nov 9 2013, 01:34 AM
I was wondering, who replaces Rafe on the hospital bed?
It's a male character...
Okay, I've read this entire thread and I don't understand this "Rafe on the hospital bed" statement? Did I miss something in this thread or on the show?
Jason said Rafe would be on a new set soon because they would need the hospital bed set for someone new in December. He also mentioned it would be a male character. Hope this helps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

cockymom
Nov 9 2013, 09:16 PM
PALMommy
Nov 9 2013, 08:43 PM
Jason47
Nov 9 2013, 03:36 AM
Laufeyson
Nov 9 2013, 01:34 AM
I was wondering, who replaces Rafe on the hospital bed?
It's a male character...
Okay, I've read this entire thread and I don't understand this "Rafe on the hospital bed" statement? Did I miss something in this thread or on the show?
Jason said Rafe would be on a new set soon because they would need the hospital bed set for someone new in December. He also mentioned it would be a male character. Hope this helps.
Rafe's new set, I'm assuming, is the one that's in the background of the "Hope, Ciara, Rafe" pics Kristian tweeted a few months ago.

ETA: Based on the DoD preview,
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Supergirlx2, Nov 9 2013, 09:25 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Nov 9 2013, 06:11 PM
six
Nov 9 2013, 05:29 PM
michr544125
Nov 9 2013, 03:07 PM
King
Nov 9 2013, 02:50 PM
I was really disappointed with the wedding episode. It felt so sloppy and thrown together and comical. The scenes were so short, it didn't really build any kind of momentum or suspense for me personally. I really wasn't feeling it. The acting was good. The writing or the execution of the scenes...the timing. I don't know. SOMETHING was off.

I am so bummed.
I thought it was really good but I just feel that Days falls so flat compared to GH (the only other soap I watch) when it comes to big events and really anything.
Does that include this week? I was really underwhelmed by GH's big reveal after watching Days' reveal.
I usually praise GH over Dool big time but this week I think Dool's wedding destroyed that Franco mess GH had going on.
Anything, including the Star Wars Christmas Special, is better than nuFranco on GH. Mini rant on that on the GH side of the board. It's really saying something when I'd rather watch Rafe and Jordan cookie flashbacks than that mess.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Damn I'm going to miss her!

Kriss4

JarlenaLante
Nov 9 2013, 09:33 PM
JtSmarts
six
michr544125

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Does that include this week? I was really underwhelmed by GH's big reveal after watching Days' reveal.
I usually praise GH over Dool big time but this week I think Dool's wedding destroyed that Franco mess GH had going on.
Anything, including the Star Wars Christmas Special, is better than nuFranco on GH. Mini rant on that on the GH side of the board. It's really saying something when I'd rather watch Rafe and Jordan cookie flashbacks than that mess.
I don't think Roger Howarth works in the role of Franco. It's just strange and doesn't fit the rest of the show, IMO.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Am I the only one thinking that video looked not at all like rape?

He seemed like he really wanted her. Its just weird for me that he keeps saying "she raped me" and then you see him saying "shut up and kiss me" on the video recording. In the video to me seemed to aware of what happened.

Mind you, I did miss a few days episodes so I really don't know what happened before this.

I am gonna miss Kristen.. I really liked her on Days.
Edited by DayDreamer, Nov 10 2013, 07:00 AM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Hologram
Nov 10 2013, 06:50 AM

He seemed like he really wanted her. Its just weird for me that he keeps saying "she raped me" and then you see him saying "shut up and kiss me" on the video recording. In the video to me seemed to aware of what happened.

Mind you, I did miss a few days episodes so I really don't know what happened before this.

That was the point. She wanted the video to make the rape seem consensual, that's why she had it expertly edited. The unedited video (which possibly doesn't exist anymore) showed a confused Eric, who actual said something akin to 'no' he even asked "what just happened" as if he wasn't fully aware of what Kristen was doing. She kept all the juicy salacious stuff and got rid of all the rapey stuff.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Laufeyson
Nov 10 2013, 07:43 AM
Hologram

That was the point. She wanted the video to make the rape seem consensual, that's why she had it expertly edited. The unedited video (which possibly doesn't exist anymore) showed a confused Eric, who actual said something akin to 'no' he even asked "what just happened" as if he wasn't fully aware of what Kristen was doing. She kept all the juicy salacious stuff and got rid of all the rapey stuff.
the so called new Stefano who made promises to God to be a good man here is another test for him he knows exactly what happened does he fess up or does he break his promise to God

camera shy

Hologram

She drugged him.

camera shy

rfsexton
Nov 10 2013, 08:33 AM
Laufeyson
Hologram

the so called new Stefano who made promises to God to be a good man here is another test for him he knows exactly what happened does he fess up or does he break his promise to God
Stefano broke that promise when he went to see Daniel offering to 'get rid of his problem'.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Dee-anne
Nov 9 2013, 08:31 PM
JtSmarts
six
michr544125

I actually enjoyed GH more. There was more happening, and it was not as predictable. I wasn't sure half the time what was going to happen next, even though I do read their spoilers. Not so with Days. I don't think anything came as a surprise, although most of the main players did a good job, but it was not edge of your seat viewing for me. Neither was GH but I was more entertained by GH.

I am relieved that the reveal has finally taken place, but I was underwhelmed by it. Although I found parts amusing. I was also cringing at the way they kept watching the video in the church and all these people staring up at it and doing nothing to stop it from playing out. I guess I just hated this story and, I hate that to get to this stage, they had to turn Brady into a moron, and have Eric be so cruel to Nicole.
I think the biggest yardstick for me is that I can watch an entire episode of GH and legitimately feel entertained by at least 95 percent of it (even when it's the days when my faves aren't on), but to enjoy DAYS, I have to watch clips and skip over the parts that are snore-inducing or make me rage-y.

Friday's episode was pretty amazing if you just watch the wedding and Nicole (although fair warning, that part does involve Daniel).

six
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 9 2013, 08:31 PM
JtSmarts
six
michr544125

I actually enjoyed GH more. There was more happening, and it was not as predictable. I wasn't sure half the time what was going to happen next, even though I do read their spoilers. Not so with Days. I don't think anything came as a surprise, although most of the main players did a good job, but it was not edge of your seat viewing for me. Neither was GH but I was more entertained by GH.

I am relieved that the reveal has finally taken place, but I was underwhelmed by it. Although I found parts amusing. I was also cringing at the way they kept watching the video in the church and all these people staring up at it and doing nothing to stop it from playing out. I guess I just hated this story and, I hate that to get to this stage, they had to turn Brady into a moron, and have Eric be so cruel to Nicole.
I didn't find either show surprising as a whole. We knew the video was coming out at the wedding, and there were several scenes that foreshadowed that Franco was getting De'Q'd etc. That's not a complaint on my part though, since a predictable outcome isn't a bad thing as long as it's well executed.
Edited by six, Nov 10 2013, 06:28 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

The episode was awesome. As much as I love EJ I was screaming at the screen for him to take his hands off of Eric and shut up. I hated that he protected Kristen, and this time he has no excuse. He's not even that close to Kristen anyways. I guess we're to deduct that EJ will always stand up for his family above evrything else. Blind devotion to a bunch of creeps that would stab him in the back at any time. Stephano did. Kristen would in a blink of an eye. I guess once more EJ will find out the hard way. I honestly can't blame Sami for leaving him over this.
Edited by outrageous, Nov 10 2013, 07:08 PM.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 9 2013, 11:16 PM
Damn I'm going to miss her!

As demented as she is, at least we know that everything that Kristen did came from a place of pain. Not excusable, but it makes me feel for her a little bit.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Hologram

Oh I don't think it's gone at all. I found that video editor and her attitude WAY too entertaining for her to be a "one hit wonder" and home that eventually she comes forward with the video in its unedited entirety.

KAM

Jason47
Nov 9 2013, 03:37 AM
KAM
Nov 9 2013, 12:37 AM
Poor guy. I sorta hope it's not his last day. Not because I think he rates a good by, but because I would like to see Theo get a little air time as he's losing both his uncles at the same time. Pop up Abe would be good, too.
If Cameron is on again, it would just be to say goodbye to Gabi...Nathan Owens said in his interview with DR recently that he had no goodbye scenes with Abe or Theo.

DR: Will there be anymore scenes with Cameron and his family? He still has Theo and Abe.
Nathan Owens: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, thereís nothing with Theo and Abe. But definitely some stuff between EJ, myself, and Chad. Itís going to get fun.
Thanks, Jason for clearing that up. I remember reading the DR interviews, but didn't remember NO or this statement.

So..."Yeah, yeah, yeah." No more family, no more reason to see NO no more. Not for me.

Gabi and Sonny can have a sad discussion about how much she misses Cameron. Sonny will be sorry he's gone, too, since Cameron was his main man to fend off Nick. Then closer to the holidays, when children are onscreen, Pop Up Abe and Kayla can have a conversation about how hard it is on Theo with both his young uncles leaving town at the same time and how much Joey misses Steve. That works fine for me, and I hope it happens.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Great episode.

KAM

kay
Nov 8 2013, 08:53 PM
KAM
Nov 8 2013, 01:50 PM
OMG Victor's keeping the video. He put it in his pocket. Too much!
Victor took Brady's tribute video, not the Eric/Kristin video.
Yes, I saw the close up of the tribute video. That's what made me post. But that was back during the NBC broadcast, and there was too much good stuff still going on for me to explain. So here's why I thought that Victor scene was 'too much':

Here's a man who -- to protect his brainless Keereeakis grandson -- manages to get a sex video of a priest played, twice yet, in the priest's own church, full of his family, friends and parishioners. He watches with unholy glee as the grandson tries to punch the priest's head in at the altar. When the grandson runs out, he tells his horrified wife that it's time to trot on home.

BUT before he can feel that his work there is done, he has to be sure to pocket what he considers to be the truly vile video --his grandson's idiotic tribute to the psycho bitch bride. No way Gramps is going to let that trash get into some one else's hands. And...he might be able to use it for deprogramming purposes with the grandson.

I'm still LOL at that last move. Yeah, too much. Quintessential Fricking Victor.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Bricole love
Nov 9 2013, 08:28 AM
I should say wedding disaster at church of hell,instead of church of god. It was a epic episode with comics, frustration, pain,truth,anger, sex tape, secret and twist. Welcome back days. Just kill dr dan. That'll make me a happy viewers .
This was Father Eric's second attempt at a wedding. Nick/Gabi wedding fiasco in January 2013. Now Kristen/Brady wedding fiasco in November 2013.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

King
Nov 9 2013, 02:50 PM
I was really disappointed with the wedding episode. It felt so sloppy and thrown together and comical. The scenes were so short, it didn't really build any kind of momentum or suspense for me personally. I really wasn't feeling it. The acting was good. The writing or the execution of the scenes...the timing. I don't know. SOMETHING was off.

I am so bummed.
I agree. The Nick/Gabi wedding fiasco in January was alot more "put together" and suspenseful IMO. Plus, the whole episode was mostly focused on the wedding (I think only about 5 minutes of it was Bristen-related). The Bristen wedding fiasco was spliced together in between boring material (Cameron/Abby, Abby/Daniel, Rafe/Jordan) instead of just all wedding, so it did feel kind of jumbled - not smooth or uninterrupted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply