Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Meredith Scott Lynn
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 06:39 PM (2,544 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Youíve had some big stuff lately with Theresa.
I know! You know we shoot them in such little pieces that until you see it...

Is that dynamic with her going to continue?
Yeah. Weíre sort of...Iím her foil, and we have the most fun together, me and Jen Lilley. I think it translates. And I need a cohort. I need someone else hating on Jennifer with me or pretending sheís hating on Jennifer...something. Itís not going to get any sweeter. It gets meaner.

Can you tell us about anything else you might have coming up?
Letís see. I have to tell you also, Iím trying to think of what weíre up to.

Theresa ODíd, and now sheís awake, and Anne is mad.
She ODíd! Iím about to go on a really crazy witch hunt. I want Dr. Dan to hang. Iím convinced that he is behind this overdose. And in ruining his life, Iím ruining Jenniferís life, and thatís my goal in life to destroy Jenniferís Hortonís spirit. So IĒll just keep doing that.

Recently, youíve gotten to work with a few different people. Youíve had scenes with Greg Vaughan and Deidre Hall.
I know! I got all up in Deidre Hallís face. Anne was like step off, lady. I couldnít believe it. That was the most fun when I read that I had a scene with Deidre Hall. Because sheís Deidre Hall. Sheís an iconic soap star. I made a decision. Iím going to step up, and Iím going to get right in her face. I think I made her a little nervous.

Does Anne have anything else happening?
Yes, but I donít get to tell you. But hereís the thing that I really hope happens at some point. I donít have any sort of love interest. I think my passion is ruining Jennifer, but I have a fantasy that thereís going to be some sort of dream sequence where Anne is just taking on every hot guy in Salem. Like in some music video in her head. I donít read ahead. I make a real choice not to read ahead, so I have no idea what the next bunch of episodes have for me, but Iím hoping that I end up in some funky situation with Liam who you donít know yet. Thatís the only hint Iím going to give you.

We know his name, and that heís coming.
So thereís this character coming soon, and I have hopes that Anne and this guy are gonna hate Jennifer together, but I donít know because I donít read ahead. I like to be surprised the day before.

Do you have any insight on where Anneís hatred of all things Jennifer and Horton comes from?
I mean, sheís just a hateful woman. Itís weird, right? I think that she has been in Salem her whole life. And I think that something happened on the playground with Jennifer. Some bad stuff went down a long time ago that Jennifer doesnít remember, and Anne said sheíd never forget it. It was such a destroying moment for her. She was embarrassed in front of a group of kids. And she decided that Jenn was the culprit. But it probably wasnít. It was probably someone standing right in front of Jenn, but they moved and all I saw was her. And it ruined her. Somehow it shaped her self-esteem. I think sheís worked her whole life...I think she went to school to get a job that would land her at Salem University Hospital owned by the Hortons. Itís been her goal. A lot of comedy is coming up. It gets pretty funny. At some point I have a pratfall.

You're an elf at Christmas!
Yeah, they thought, Who would do anything? Meredith! So Iím in this crazy elf suit with these nutty elf shoes, pretending to want to entertain children. Iím the Jew in Salem celebrating Christmas. Iím the Salem Jewess. What a fun...it was supposed to be three little episodes, and itís turned into the most fun ever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JillianJ

TFP

What a fun read, hope Anne continues to stick around.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Anne does not work for me at all. The dynamic with Jennifer/Anne/Theresa is hacktastic.

six
Member Avatar

Anne doesn't work for me either, but she actually might if the writers would just tell me why she's out to ruin Jen and everyone around her (and no, the current reason doesn't cut it).

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I really like Anne. I think it's awesome that she started off as a 3 episode character and she's somehow evolved into what she is today (and attending Fan Fest!). Someone in charge obviously likes the character or Meredith has some dirt on someone, lol.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I just love her! Hope we see lots more of her in Salem! :wub:

granolagirl
Member Avatar

six
Nov 10 2013, 06:59 PM
Anne doesn't work for me either, but she actually might if the writers would just tell me why she's out to ruin Jen and everyone around her (and no, the current reason doesn't cut it).
Yes, the random Jen hate is too meta.

Plus she's living in a glass house, so the self-righteousness definitely has an expiration date.

phloe3

I wonder why she said pretending to be hating on Jennifer. I honestly think Anne is being genuine because she really thinks Dan did something to Teresa. Before, it was all about getting Jennifer mad, but now she's after Dan too
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

phloe3
Nov 10 2013, 07:38 PM
I wonder why she said pretending to be hating on Jennifer. I honestly think Anne is being genuine because she really thinks Dan did something to Teresa. Before, it was all about getting Jennifer mad, but now she's after Dan too
That comment sounded more about Theresa than Anne though. I'm not sure if MSL said that as a spoiler/teaser, or just as a general observation that her character needs an accomplice who hates Jennifer, or an accomplice she thinks hates Jennifer, lol.

phloe3

thanks. I wonder if it was because Teresa was trying to be genuine with Daniel at the hospital, so if she was going to be that way with Jennifer.

Keith
Member Avatar

I really need them to flesh out Anne's Jen hate. Because its too OOT and random. I enjoy it, because I find nothing rootable or likable about Jen-Jen, but its too surface.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I like Anne. She's a fun side character.

Romancer66

While I'm all for someone not liking Jennifer and thinking she's all that, the one-dimensional characterization continues to annoy me. If this was classic soap, Anne's enmity would lead to a big reveal that she and Jen-Jen were half-sisters or somehow related or that something in Jennifer's past had negatively impacted Anne. As it is, it just feels like a heavy-handed attempt to generate sympathy for a character who's lost the ability to generate it by herself.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I love Anne. The Marlena/Anne scenes were BOSS! :rockon:

Ellie

Shout out to the Salem Jew! Too funny. Anne is growing on me, though I wish they'd give her some background. WHY does she hate the Hortons? What do we know about her? Days hasn't been great lately about filling in these things. I mean, they tried with Daniel, and look what happened there.

Loved her scenes with Deidre - that was a cute tidbit in the interview.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i love her. Thanks for the interview! I really compare her to Craig. Hopefully she'll get her Nancy sometime (besides Theresa and Chloe of course).

Kriss4

granolagirl
Nov 10 2013, 06:49 PM
Anne does not work for me at all. The dynamic with Jennifer/Anne/Theresa is hacktastic.
Oh, I like Anne. I do. Think she's kind of hilarious!

But the hatred for Jennifer needs more of an explanation, cuz Anne's over the top about it.

How come she hates Jennifer? What's the TRUE STORY?

Cuz this being passed over for a job? It's not enough to explain Anne's resentment or the her willingness to do just about anything to Jennifer.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 10 2013, 09:50 PM
granolagirl

But the hatred for Jennifer needs more of an explanation, cuz Anne's over the top about it.

Cuz this being passed over for a job? It's not enough to explain Anne's resentment or the her willingness to do just about anything to Jennifer.
I really hope we find out she's another of Bill's illegitimate kids, knows it, and hates Jen because she sees her as someone who got what she didn't.

Ellie

There were 2 questions that got inadvertently left out when we first posted this. We've added them back in.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 10 2013, 09:50 PM
granolagirl

I think she could be hilarious, but I don't think the rivalry with her and Jennifer is worthy, or going anywhere, and sticking Theresa in it makes no sense and is a waste of her character.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 10 2013, 10:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply