Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Meredith Scott Lynn
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 06:39 PM (2,629 Views)
Marlene

Ellie
Nov 10 2013, 08:39 PM
Shout out to the Salem Jew! Too funny. Anne is growing on me, though I wish they'd give her some background. WHY does she hate the Hortons? What do we know about her? Days hasn't been great lately about filling in these things. I mean, they tried with Daniel, and look what happened there.

Loved her scenes with Deidre - that was a cute tidbit in the interview.
Hmmm. So somehow, Anne's related to Robin, Robert and Robin's Father/Robert's Brother. Any chance that could be twisted into a reason Anne hates Jen so much?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, I think it would be cool if Anne were revealed to have been one of the runaway kids Jennifer hung with when she first hit Salem until Jennifer went back to the "perfect Hortons" and forgot all about Anne & everyone else. Anne ended up going into foster care (a good home, really) and becoming a successful career woman, but that feeling of abandonment and "not being good enough" stuck with her which causes her resentment of Jennifer and the rest of the Hortons. IMO, it's something so simple, yet logical & plays into actual show history.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

I may not like her character and I may think Anne has outlived her time on the show but I admire and respect the fact that she is loving her role and having fun doing it! More power to her! She put a smile on my face just from reading her interview. Thanks Lysie.

Lil
Member Avatar

I love Anne/Meredith...I'd love it if she had more to do. I hope she sticks around for a long time. She cracks me up!

Brewster
Member Avatar

I'm not a fan of Anne and don't get her OTT hate for Jennifer. I think I could be more interested in it if I understand why she hated her so much. I don't really like Theresa either, so I am not all that excited about this.

This interview, however, was fun and Meredith sounds like a pleasure.

am103
Member Avatar

Did I miss the Marlena/Anne scenes? :( Oh well. I'm glad to see that Anne is still an integral part of the cast. Any scene involving Anne is a fun scene for me!

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 10 2013, 11:53 PM
You know, I think it would be cool if Anne were revealed to have been one of the runaway kids Jennifer hung with when she first hit Salem until Jennifer went back to the "perfect Hortons" and forgot all about Anne & everyone else. Anne ended up going into foster care (a good home, really) and becoming a successful career woman, but that feeling of abandonment and "not being good enough" stuck with her which causes her resentment of Jennifer and the rest of the Hortons. IMO, it's something so simple, yet logical & plays into actual show history.
Maybe Jen tampered with Anne's shampoo.

The Anne/Marlena scene was a small moment. Anne tried to use her to take down Daniel. Marlena is the the head of the hospital ethics committee, or something.
Edited by six, Nov 11 2013, 02:34 PM.

fundays13
Member Avatar

All we have seen with this character is hate. Can't stand her . Her act has gotten tiresome and old

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Nov 10 2013, 07:13 PM
Yes, the random Jen hate is too meta.

Plus she's living in a glass house, so the self-righteousness definitely has an expiration date.
Yeah, the actress is what makes her worthwhile because she clearly enjoys her job and it shows, but the role is really shallow. "Gee that character hates Jennifer a hell of a lot just like I the viewer do" is not a good enough motivation for a character to be the way they are.

Anne has no problem criticizing other people of things that she's guilty of too, which makes it really funny when she goes on about XYZ being hypocritical, but then I don't take her all that seriously. She just likes to cause trouble for the hell of it -- and that can be her character if that's all they really want her to be, but it is kinda pathetic. The actress saves it for now.

six
Member Avatar

Here's another interview

http://www.outtakesinterviews.blogspot.com/2013/11/day-of-days-2013-meredith-scott-lynn.html

six
Member Avatar

I thought this part was funny

"And I'm hoping at some point, Anne has a weird tryst with Justin and his wife. Both of them...like a threesome!"

Everybody loves Justin.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I sure Anne hot dream will involved Daniel rafe and Brady I will be shock if they will more guys in her dream

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

six
Nov 14 2013, 12:18 AM
I thought this part was funny

"And I'm hoping at some point, Anne has a weird tryst with Justin and his wife. Both of them...like a threesome!"

Everybody loves Justin.
She is so funny! Poor girl just wants a love interest and a little action! It might also loosen Anne up a little bit. :lol:

dooldooldool

She needs to hook up with JJ and give Jen-Jen her first grandbaby.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply