Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Wally Kurth
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 06:50 PM (1,828 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

We had a lot of you this summer. Will we be seeing more of you?
Youíll see me some. Less than before.

We know you have something coming up with Gabi.
Yeah, and some more stuff comes up, and then itís Christmastime. My big stuff was this summer. The trial. That was my big story. I donít really have much coming up IĒm sorry to say.

Do you think it will pick back up again?
I hope so. I know the fans are clamoring for it. The stuff with EJ was fun. I loved that. I was hoping to do more of that.

Do you have a favorite moment from the story this summer? Because we do.
I know that favorite moment because I tweet. I follow tweets. It was the spin. He had a man thing for me. And can you blame him? Iím as cute as can be.

Did you have any idea that was coming?
No. You saw the look on my face. I didnít expect it. Especially since I know James...well, I guess I donít know James because I donít work with him that much, but I guess EJ gets very excited when he pulls one over on his dad. He picked me up and spun me around like a rag doll.

Ok, so that was our favorite moment. Did you have a favorite moment?
The funny thing about all that stuff is that when we did all those jail scenes it was hard trying to find your camera between the bars. You canít look at the camera to make sure youíre clear, but you have to be clear. But the funny thing is that my wifeís an attorney, so I was doing all this attorney language, and I felt like it just sounded so verbose. I donít necessarily need to say all this stuff. So she looked at it, and she said no, thatís pretty much what you would say. And I was like ďOh, damn. Iíve gotta say it as written? That means Iíve got to really remember it?Ē And then one day I came back from my opening argument, or maybe it was a day that I had, like, three episodes in one day, and it was just the hardest soap opera I have ever done. Iíve been doing soap operas for twenty-five years. Iíve had long days before, but these three episodes in one day were my hardest soap opera days ever. Now I know what itís like to be a lawyer. She said, ďIf you werenít so cute. Iíd clobber you right now. You know what the judge is going to say! Itís not even close!Ē But I played one on TV!

What would you like to see Justin do?
You know, I love being with Adrienne and all that, but you know when youíre a couple you canít really do anything. Itís love stories. I mean, they could do a mature love story between Justin and Adrienne with something going on with their marriage. Sophisticated turmoil.

It seemed like there was a chance for that when the trial ended.
They wrapped it all up so quickly. Oh, now theyíre back together. And of course thereís a whole history because thatís what itís all about. Most people who are watching it are old school. I think thatís whatís so great about having Justin and Adrienne back. Theyíd been gone for twenty years and they come back as a couple with kids. Thatís my favorite part of it. Having that relationship with Sonny and my wife that Iíve been with all these years, and having that history and having that nuclear family. Theyíre not a healthy family, but even a healthy family has turmoil. And what she did, undermining me and not trusting me could have really touched on other things in their marriage. It could have brought up some things that had been building for a long time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

"He had a man thing for me. And can you blame him? Iím as cute as can be."
:wub:

six
Member Avatar

Quote:

I know that favorite moment because I tweet. I follow tweets. It was the spin. He had a man thing for me. And can you blame him? Iím as cute as can be.
I just can't take the cuteness overload in this quote. :wub2:

I wish Days would do more with him and JE.

spartan
Member Avatar

Quote:

I know that favorite moment because I tweet. I follow tweets. It was the spin. He had a man thing for me. And can you blame him? Iím as cute as can be

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. He is cute as can be and really could not be any cuter.

You all can have GV. I will sit here happily in the Wally K section. :wub:

I treasure my EJustin memories and hope they will give us more. He's also right on the missed opportunities for exploring Justin and Adrienne's marriage and stretching out their conflict. I would love to watch something like that.
Edited by spartan, Nov 10 2013, 07:13 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
Nov 10 2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:

I know that favorite moment because I tweet. I follow tweets. It was the spin. He had a man thing for me. And can you blame him? Iím as cute as can be

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. He is cute as can be and really could not be any cuter.

I treasure my EJustin memories and hope they will give us more. He's also right on the missed opportunities for exploring Justin and Adrienne's marriage and stretching out their conflict. I would love to watch something like that.
I totally thought of you when he said that, lol.

Vicky4Mimi

He is now, and has always been "as cute as he can be". I hope they give him more to do!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

spartan
Quote:

Sparty, you have to share Wally with me! I always liked him, but when I met him in Atlanta in 2012, I fell head over heels! He is the most down to earth, adorable cutie ever.

I wish he and James could work together again. I really like their chemistry.

Keith
Member Avatar

I vote for less DiMera and more Kiriakis. Give us a taste of big bad Victor. Kill his marriage with Maggie. Let him mix it up with Sonny and Brady and Daniel and not be the Kiriakis version of Nono. Put him at odds with Justin and Adrienne. Give them marital issues. I would love if they use Justin in Hope's upcoming story in the periphery with Adrienne worrying he'll be in Hope's corner and rekindle old feelings. J&A are just that couple - deeply in love with each other, but quick to jump into other beds. I would love it especially if Justin didn't, but Adrienne feared it, and Victor took advantage of it, and get Sonny in the mix - delicious.

spartan
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 10 2013, 07:24 PM
spartan
Quote:

I totally thought of you when he said that, lol.
:biggrin: Hehe. I'm not ashamed or apologetic that my fangirl is that predictable.

spartan
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Nov 10 2013, 08:10 PM
spartan
Quote:

Sparty, you have to share Wally with me! I always liked him, but when I met him in Atlanta in 2012, I fell head over heels! He is the most down to earth, adorable cutie ever.

I wish he and James could work together again. I really like their chemistry.

Atlanta 2012 was my 1st time meeting him as well, so guess I can't claim dibs, eh? He is cuter in person and his dimples. I could go on.

Suffice to say, I do hope they give him some serious story again for next year. He's just too good to waste on the sideline.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

:wub: Half of my favorite couple :wub:

I wish that they would use them more. Why is it that I can envision some pretty good storylines for them and these writers can't? They really need to use them more...

michr544125

Great interview. Sucks not much at all is coming up for Justin. I really wish they would cast Alex and like Keith said show less of the Dimeras and (Jennifer/Daniel/JJ/Theresa) and give the Kiraikis family a story. Geez if they quit showing those other characters every day they could show Justin and Adrienne at least once a week.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thank you for this great interview. Wally is so awesome and is so adorable lol. We need more Justin and EJ. And of course them dropping the Justin and Adrienne drama so fast was so stupid. There was so much potential for those two. I hope that this show will smart up and get this brilliant actor back in a huge story again that is about him and Adrienne.

Thanks again for this great interview. Happy u finally got to interview him. :)
Edited by Mirage75, Nov 11 2013, 07:55 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

That man twirl was everything. Wally is totes adorbs. Those dimples! :wub: I hope tptb continue to use him often.

Ellie

Great interview. I think the vets are kind of more comfortable with being used more or used less on screen just due to their maturity and life experience. You know? Like he's happy in life and would love to be on Days more, but no biggie. It's a refreshing attitude I think.

And the man-twirl comment was amazing.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Good interview, but I hope if Ej and Justin interact in the future its as enemies. Their chummy scenes were weird and disjointed from the reality of the characters imho.

Kriss4

Ellie
Nov 10 2013, 08:42 PM
Great interview. I think the vets are kind of more comfortable with being used more or used less on screen just due to their maturity and life experience. You know? Like he's happy in life and would love to be on Days more, but no biggie. It's a refreshing attitude I think.

And the man-twirl comment was amazing.
It is a refreshing attitude, I agree. But...I don't share it, you know? Because I WANT to see more of Wally and Judi.

And Mary Beth, too.

And when I don't, I get a little disappointed.

So, hey...Wally, I love you and your dimples.

Thanks for the interview, DR!

Not Amused

I love Wally. :wub: I wish they'd give him and Judi a frontburner SL.

lovejustink

Thanks for the interview! Loved reading it!

I'm disappointed we won't be seeing much of Justin and Adrienne but hope that turns around in 2014. There is so much the writers could do with them!

And I must agree with Wally, he is "as cute as can be" :)

thepadange

I know it's very contraversial what I will say and, please, don't kill me, but I think Justin and Abby could be cute. I know... the age difference etc but I still would like to see what could develop from this kind of relationship. Abby-Cameron-Chad triangle was so boring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply