Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with James Scott and Alison Sweeney
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 09:00 PM (7,284 Views)
daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Love the picture of Ali & James with #Days sign...know what you mean about the brilliant twist thing...I believe EJ kidnapping Sydney was a brilliant twist...and that didn't work out too well for them did it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Nice interview :) Good to see that the show sticks to EJami.lol Just one thing that concerns me and that is writing for EJ would like to see more stories with EJ than just EJami. Maybe I'm bias and finds EJ the most interesting character on Days. Another thing I wonder is? People have missed JS and Ali's closeness during Days Event it was quite so obvious body language and so on.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Thing is, I love to hate EJ - he's a real prick & James Scott portrays angry, vengeful bastard like there's no tomorrow.

And, I hate to love Sami - she's a legacy character from a legacy couple & a legacy storyline. I just wish they'd let Sami mature - she's a grandmother now and still acts (at times) like she's a teenager hell-bent on proving everyone wrong, then blaming everyone when her hairbrained scheme goes horribly (predictably) wrong.

That's why she works so well with Lucas - he'll try to talk her out of whatever scheme (like Rafe) but knows when she's dug in her heels, there's nothing he can do to stop her, so he helps her with it (like EJ). Lucas >>>>>>>>>>EJ and Rafe combined.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Nov 12 2013, 04:11 PM
Thing is, I love to hate EJ - he's a real prick & James Scott portrays angry, vengeful bastard like there's no tomorrow.

And, I hate to love Sami - she's a legacy character from a legacy couple & a legacy storyline. I just wish they'd let Sami mature - she's a grandmother now and still acts (at times) like she's a teenager hell-bent on proving everyone wrong, then blaming everyone when her hairbrained scheme goes horribly (predictably) wrong.

That's why she works so well with Lucas - he'll try to talk her out of whatever scheme (like Rafe) but knows when she's dug in her heels, there's nothing he can do to stop her, so he helps her with it (like EJ). Lucas >>>>>>>>>>EJ and Rafe combined.
Sorry, we already saw a more mature version of Sami. She completely sucked.

What they really need to do is stop writing Sami as a victim of anybody. She's way more entertaining (and AS is way better) when she's the one causing trouble. That's why I'm excited about this upcoming Kami storyline. Looks like Sami and Kate may be sticking in their noses where they don't belong. Nosy nanas FTW!

S loves EJ

daysjahvu
Nov 12 2013, 03:15 PM
Love the picture of Ali & James with #Days sign...know what you mean about the brilliant twist thing...I believe EJ kidnapping Sydney was a brilliant twist...and that didn't work out too well for them did it.

Yeah I think that was a bad choice of words, not that I think JS would delibrately say anything to piss of fans. Still even though I love EJ I donīt see the need to defend him all the time or JS for that matter if they do something I donīt agree with. I donīt see the need to defend the rape as deal when it was clearly written as rape. I think itīs possible to love Ejami anyway since I love EJ I forgive him.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Nov 13 2013, 04:49 AM
daysjahvu

Yeah I think that was a bad choice of words, not that I think JS would delibrately say anything to piss of fans. Still even though I love EJ I donīt see the need to defend him all the time or JS for that matter if they do something I donīt agree with. I donīt see the need to defend the rape as deal when it was clearly written as rape. I think itīs possible to love Ejami anyway since I love EJ I forgive him.
I saw another interview with Ali & James and he commented that he had never been so excited for an upcoming storyline when he's sat down for DofD's press. And yes, EJ is indefensible but Sami is too so I think they make the perfect couple. Why waste time apologizing to the world for who you are and what you do when you can be happy with each other and your kids?

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Nov 12 2013, 04:01 PM
Nice interview :) Good to see that the show sticks to EJami.lol Just one thing that concerns me and that is writing for EJ would like to see more stories with EJ than just EJami. Maybe I'm bias and finds EJ the most interesting character on Days. Another thing I wonder is? People have missed JS and Ali's closeness during Days Event it was quite so obvious body language and so on.
I saw the other interview and yes, they are very comfortable with one another. I thought James saying it is challenging for EJami to be together, but impossible for them to be apart was very telling of how solid EJami is right now. I'm not saying forever cuz this is soapland, but for now it sounds good.

S loves EJ

daysjahvu
Nov 13 2013, 10:59 AM
S loves EJ
Nov 13 2013, 04:49 AM
daysjahvu

I saw another interview with Ali & James and he commented that he had never been so excited for an upcoming storyline when he's sat down for DofD's press. And yes, EJ is indefensible but Sami is too so I think they make the perfect couple. Why waste time apologizing to the world for who you are and what you do when you can be happy with each other and your kids?

Glad to hear that JS is excited for the upcoming storyline that sounds promising.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 12 2013, 04:29 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Nov 12 2013, 04:11 PM

Sorry, we already saw a more mature version of Sami. She completely sucked.

What they really need to do is stop writing Sami as a victim of anybody. She's way more entertaining (and AS is way better) when she's the one causing trouble. That's why I'm excited about this upcoming Kami storyline. Looks like Sami and Kate may be sticking in their noses where they don't belong. Nosy nanas FTW!
I'm making an effort not to talk about her if I don't have to, but I've just got to say that unless you're talking about 14 years ago, we have not seen a more mature version of her. I don't happen to think she's much different at all now than she was a few years ago, but she definitely wasn't more mature.

S loves EJ

I think Sami has been more mature ever since 2006 when they stopped writing her as a villain. She seemed even more good with Rafe since he is a good guy who seemed to love only good Sami and she kept talking about how she changed, plus she was really boring with Rafe since they donīt have chemistry. It feels that Sami has done a little more scheming with EJ but she still talks about both of them being better people. In a way I think she should be a little more mature than when she was constantly lying and causing trouble since she has 4 kids now, but the other part of me feels it out of character for her and for Ejami to work she needs to be more her old self with doing some blackmailing too not just EJ. I think EJ personality wise fits her character more than Rafe though since she is more a bad character than Rafe, and that she has more potentiell to be true to her character with EJ.

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Nov 13 2013, 12:01 PM
I think Sami has been more mature ever since 2006 when they stopped writing her as a villain. She seemed even more good with Rafe since he is a good guy who seemed to love only good Sami and she kept talking about how she changed, plus she was really boring with Rafe since they donīt have chemistry. It feels that Sami has done a little more scheming with EJ but she still talks about both of them being better people. In a way I think she should be a little more mature than when she was constantly lying and causing trouble since she has 4 kids now, but the other part of me feels it out of character for her and for Ejami to work she needs to be more her old self with doing some blackmailing too not just EJ. I think EJ personality wise fits her character more than Rafe though since she is more a bad character than Rafe, and that she has more potentiell to be true to her character with EJ.
I didn't start referring to her as a giant toddler until 2009. Maybe I have a different definition of maturity but I definitely don't think she's been more mature. I also don't think maturity has to be a bad thing for a villain. She could have more mature schemes and motivations, but I don't think she does. I think she was matured a bit about 14 years ago, and then regressed the second JER came back and hasn't matured a lick sense. Being good and being mature are not the same thing.

S loves EJ

I know good and mature isnīt the same thing, but written Sami more of a good character has given me the sense of her being more grown up at least in some episodes. For instant when they was gonna do a paternity test of the twins and Marlena suggested that they sould make sure that Lucas would turn out to be the father and Sami said no she didnīt want to have a lie hanging over her head, and Marlena said something like she really changed the old Sami would have jumped at the opportunity, she seemed more mature to be in that scene. There have been other times when I felt she acted really childish though. She felt like a 5 year old a couple of times this summer.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, as much as I do enjoy and appreciate EJ/Sami when they are written correctly & appropriately & I appreciate the chemistry that James Scott & Alison Sweeny do share, I firmly believe that EJ is one of the worst things to ever happen to Sami Brady as a character in the grand scheme of things.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 13 2013, 12:10 PM
S loves EJ
Nov 13 2013, 12:01 PM
I didn't start referring to her as a giant toddler until 2009. Maybe I have a different definition of maturity but I definitely don't think she's been more mature. I also don't think maturity has to be a bad thing for a villain. She could have more mature schemes and motivations, but I don't think she does. I think she was matured a bit about 14 years ago, and then regressed the second JER came back and hasn't matured a lick sense. Being good and being mature are not the same thing.
Fair enough. Writing her as more of a good/moral person is probably more correct than saying she was written as more mature. As she gets older, Sami's schemes should evolve and what she schemes for should change, so if that's your definition of maturing, then yes I think that should happen. That's why I like it when she meddles in Will's life (to this end, I need Sonny to do something that makes her hate him). But I firmly believe the character (and especially the actress) are more effective in an antagonistic role, and she sucks as the good person who is being victimized by a big, bad villain.
Edited by tomsawyer, Nov 13 2013, 01:52 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 13 2013, 12:46 PM
You know, as much as I do enjoy and appreciate EJ/Sami when they are written correctly & appropriately & I appreciate the chemistry that James Scott & Alison Sweeny do share, I firmly believe that EJ is one of the worst things to ever happen to Sami Brady as a character in the grand scheme of things.
Why?

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Another interview with James Scott and Alison.
http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/interviews/fl/James-Scott-and-Alison-Sweeney-on-EJ-Sami-and-Ruling-Salem.htm

MissLola
Member Avatar

LovinXtina
Nov 15 2013, 11:45 AM
First thought. I hate James with long hair. Please cut it. Second thought. I can't believe that the interviewer brought up the loss of Ej's "balls" and that JS addressed so honestly.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/11/day-days-interview-james-scott-alison-sweeney-ejami-dynamic-tease-storyline/

S loves EJ

The challenging stuff that is coming up sounds very intriguing, but I doub itīs a dead child it sounds like something positive by both AS and JS, maybe itīs their wedding that goes wrong but hopefully first after they say I do. :wub:

I also donīt think it was EJīs fault that Sami stopped scheming I think it was the writers that decided to write her more of a heroin that had nothing to do with EJ. I Believe the writers made that decision when they wanted to make a supercouple out of Lumi.

JillianJ

MissLola
Nov 15 2013, 12:00 PM
LovinXtina
Nov 15 2013, 11:45 AM
First thought. I hate James with long hair. Please cut it. Second thought. I can't believe that the interviewer brought up the loss of Ej's "balls" and that JS addressed so honestly.
Wasn't it wonderful how they both shut her down when she tried to put the blame for the change in EJ on Sami and EJAMI :blulaugh: agendas and in the interviewers case, well most of us know since we are used to her lol should be left at the door.

Here is another great interview:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/11/15/deep-soap-days-of-our-lives-james-scott-alison-sweeney-on-an-ejami-wedding/

I love how much James loves and gets EJAMI :wub2:
Edited by JillianJ, Nov 15 2013, 03:08 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply