Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with James Scott and Alison Sweeney
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 09:00 PM (7,170 Views)
six
Member Avatar

"Scott: I will say this. I 100 percent believe that Sami and EJ deserve they do, Im going to go with this they deserve a really big, beautiful wedding. They deserve a happy ending. They deserve to be able to be married and stay married."

This dude is more of a hardcore ejami than I am, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

six
Nov 15 2013, 03:39 PM
"Scott: I will say this. I 100 percent believe that Sami and EJ deserve they do, Im going to go with this they deserve a really big, beautiful wedding. They deserve a happy ending. They deserve to be able to be married and stay married."

it's that or he's realized what happens when you aren't saddled to Sami.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JillianJ

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 03:50 PM
six

Not being with Sami has never affected EJ's/James' presence on the show.....never had to go on an extended coma or be shipped off when he was no longer with her either :lol: so yeah, I don't think James faces the same problem as Bryan and Galen.

JillianJ

six

Right? I love it. :wub2: I think he waited a long time for this sl and is making no secret that he is thrilled that it is happening and his fav.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
six

Well in his character's case, things pretty much seem to carry on as usual, like it did in the EJ/Nicole/Scarf triangle, the EJ runs for mayor story etc.
Edited by six, Nov 15 2013, 04:01 PM.

S loves EJ

six

I could support EJole if it is what he really wants, and maybe he likes Ejole
too but he just seems to love Ejami more and to be what he really wants.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Nov 15 2013, 03:58 PM
LuvingLumi
six

Not being with Sami has never affected EJ's/James' presence on the show.....never had to go on an extended coma or be shipped off when he was no longer with her either :lol: so yeah, I don't think James faces the same problem as Bryan and Galen.
Personally I do think that JS has always had a weak spot for EJami and who can blame him? He gets to play his character in a challenging relationship. :) Lots of story and so on.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
six

Seems to be the opposite with him. He's had a lot less focus since they got together.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 15 2013, 04:05 PM
LuvingLumi
six

Seems to be the opposite with him. He's had a lot less focus since they got together.
I was thinking the same thing. His screentime has definitely dropped this year. And he's not driving story much at all. JS seems all giddy about it though. I don't know, maybe the dude was tired and likes having a break.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

JillianJ
Nov 15 2013, 03:58 PM
LuvingLumi
six

We wouldn't know it would we? Because he's always been around her stories, or I should say, she's always been around his...when Ejole 1.0 was happening...he was all hung up on Sami....when Ejole 2.0 happened, he fucked Sami...when he was with Taylor, he put Rafebot in Sami's bed. Heck, even after being shot in the head by her he still admitted he wanted her. It's really been all about Sami, even when they could have broken him free of that cycle with Taylor, or Ejole 2.0, Sami was always in mix.....so yeah.....we wouldn't know if James faces the same problem as Bryan and Galen, because he's never had the opportunity to be totally away from Sami...maybe one day he'll find out. Without Sami Ej doesn't exist...IMHO....all his relatives are gone and the only ones left are in their 80s or children...they have virtually removed all his ties to the canvas in the last couple of years....but having ties to the canvas has never really given anyone any story..or else Lucas would have had plenty....so maybe you are right..

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
LuvingLumi
six

in terms of airtime? Or story?

JillianJ

James and SC are basically neck and neck in episode counts for the year making them the highest guys, so there isn't anything considerable about the fall in his eppy count. Ditto on EJ being the center stage, but I suppose that is a cycle, in 2012, Sami was in his sls and 2013, he in her's.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

six
Nov 15 2013, 03:59 PM
LuvingLumi
six

Well in his character's case, things pretty much seem to carry on as usual, like it did in the EJ/Nicole/Scarf triangle, the EJ runs for mayor story etc.
but his tie to Sami even during that time was evident....he put someone in Sami's bed...not anyone else's.....that didn't even need to happen....but the tie to Sami was there....even when he was professing his love for Nicole, he screwed Sami...it's why I will never, ever like Ejole.

JillianJ

Quote:

We wouldn't know it would we? Because he's always been around her stories, or I should say, she's always been around his...when Ejole 1.0 was happening...he was all hung up on Sami....when Ejole 2.0 happened, he fucked Sami...when he was with Taylor, he put Rafebot in Sami's bed. Heck, even after being shot in the head by her he still admitted he wanted her. It's really been all about Sami, even when they could have broken him free of that cycle with Taylor, or Ejole 2.0, Sami was always in mix.....so yeah.....we wouldn't know if James faces the same problem as Bryan and Galen, because he's never had the opportunity to be totally away from Sami...maybe one day he'll find out. Without Sami Ej doesn't exist...IMHO....all his relatives are gone and the only ones left are in their 80s or children...they have virtually removed all his ties to the canvas in the last couple of years....but having ties to the canvas has never really given anyone any story..or else Lucas would have had plenty....so maybe you are right..

There is no arguing that EJ is all about Sami, we all know she is the love of his life, always has been, however they have spent most of the time from 2009 to early 2012 apart and yet JS was not affected.....having a sl where they circle each other is not the same as being in one together IMO, in 2011 there was practically no EJAMI interaction; they had EJ do the Rafe 2 nonsense, and still managed to keep them apart, he gave her the kids and then started running for mayor, even with grief sex happening, we had a grand total of 3 EJAMI interactions after......

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 04:12 PM
lysie
LuvingLumi
six

in terms of airtime? Or story?
Storyline. Though when the first got together, he did have a pretty significant decrease in airtime. But they made up for it which is kind of weird considering his stories seem to be happening offscreen.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 04:15 PM
six
LuvingLumi
six

but his tie to Sami even during that time was evident....he put someone in Sami's bed...not anyone else's.....that didn't even need to happen....but the tie to Sami was there....even when he was professing his love for Nicole, he screwed Sami...it's why I will never, ever like Ejole.
I'll give you that EJ has been in Sami's orbit pretty much the entire run of the show, with 2011 being the greatest exception. But, I've never gotten the sense that JS is worried about screentime. He's never mentioned it in any interview I can think of and there's never been anything from a historical standpoint to indicate that he needs to worry about it. I honestly think the guy just really likes working with AS and really likes Ejami. His praise for both is just way too effusive and consistent for me to think anything else.

ETA: Personally, my favorite exchange was this...

But the real issue is will they ever get to put their portrait back up in the living room?
Scott: Didnt [the show's producers] sell it on ebay?
Sweeney: They were thinking about it. They were going to try and make it work and then they couldnt.
Scott: They couldnt? A five year old with a computer could.

:laugh:
Edited by tomsawyer, Nov 15 2013, 04:29 PM.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
six
LuvingLumi
six

Apparently I have a more rigid definition of what it means to be "saddled to Sami" than you do. Their stories intersected during those times and they shared scenes off and on, but for the most part, they were living separate lives. I remember us all being shocked at the griefsex kiss in the November promo because EJ and Sami had pretty pretty much zero interaction leading up to it. And they had very little interaction afterwards as well.

For example, it's like Sami and Rafe since their break up. Rafe was integral to Sami's summer story, and they interacted after the breakup, but I don't think anyone would claim either one of them were "saddled" to the other one.
Edited by six, Nov 15 2013, 04:33 PM.

JillianJ

Quote:

I honestly think the guy just really likes working with AS and really likes Ejami. His praise for both is just way too effusive and consistent for me to think anything else.

Agreed. I remember for DOD 2011, EJ was in the midst of actively pursuing Nicole onscreen with Mar/Dar's twu wuv nonsense, no hope of EJAMI in sight, he was asked who was the one EJ really loved and he refused to answer the question other than saying he knows. Compare and contrast to now where he just cannot shut up :blulaugh:

spartan
Member Avatar

six

From where I sit and have sat, he pretty much always has been. He ships EJami hardcore. What's fun is that AS is along for the ride now as well.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

six
Nov 15 2013, 04:27 PM
LuvingLumi
six
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Apparently I have a more rigid definition of what it means to be "saddled to Sami" than you do. Their stories intersected during those times and they shared scenes off and on, but for the most part, they were living separate lives. I remember us all being shocked at the griefsex kiss in the November promo because EJ and Sami had pretty pretty much zero interaction leading up to it. And they had very little interaction afterwards as well.

For example, it's like Sami and Rafe since their break up. Rafe was integral to Sami's summer story, and they've interacted after the breakup, but I don't think anyone would claim either one of them were "saddled" to the other one.
The only way I can do this is comparing what is happening now with GG...for example...Rafe is completely out of the story with Sami....no interaction except for maybe a token scene every few months....I would say since May there really has been nothing to tie Sami to his story.....the shooting was happening but the guy was asleep in a coma....however, you still have that connection in the event they need to bring it back it's there.....however....he's completely outside of that circle...no longing looks, nothing to signify that he might still be harboring feelings for her....no flip the switch moments, etc. Now he's even started a new romantic story with another female. Same thing happened with Lucas back in late 2008...he was completely outside of Sami's orbit into Chloe's and that somehow lasted about a year and then nothing. With EJ during all that time they not only kept that 'sort of romantic' tie to Sami going and it might have been in their plan because Ejami had not had a reciprocal romantic story yet, so maybe that dynamic changes when/if they break up in the future.....now that they've had a chance to get that done.....it's like Lumi for a good 8 years before they decided to get rid of Lucas the first time....but the connection with Sami was still there to the very end and within 8 months he was back and the connection hadn't been minimized in any way...but it was also similar to the years that Ejami were not done in a romantic sense.....Lumi were not done in a romantic sense for 10 years...so the tie to Sami needed to exist in the event the show ever wanted to go that romantic route for them.

I don't think James is the kind of guy to talk about airtime, but he did reach out to his fans when contract negotiations weren't going well for him....so he does it in another way and it just happened to work that time. I will say though, that for a guy that had been consistently on the leader board for the majority of his time on Days...the last few years of him not being #1 in epi counts has been refreshing....he might not complain about it because his epi count hasn't been considerably reduced.....sure he might have gone from a 4 epi guarantee to a 3 epi guarantee but at least he hasn't suffered like GG who seems to have gone from a 4 epi guarantee to a 2 epi one........and obviously we all know what happened with BD who went from contract to recurring in no time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply