Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with James Scott and Alison Sweeney
Topic Started: Nov 10 2013, 09:00 PM (7,375 Views)
six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 04:41 PM
six
Nov 15 2013, 04:27 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 04:15 PM
six
Nov 15 2013, 03:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
but his tie to Sami even during that time was evident....he put someone in Sami's bed...not anyone else's.....that didn't even need to happen....but the tie to Sami was there....even when he was professing his love for Nicole, he screwed Sami...it's why I will never, ever like Ejole.
Apparently I have a more rigid definition of what it means to be "saddled to Sami" than you do. Their stories intersected during those times and they shared scenes off and on, but for the most part, they were living separate lives. I remember us all being shocked at the griefsex kiss in the November promo because EJ and Sami had pretty pretty much zero interaction leading up to it. And they had very little interaction afterwards as well.

For example, it's like Sami and Rafe since their break up. Rafe was integral to Sami's summer story, and they've interacted after the breakup, but I don't think anyone would claim either one of them were "saddled" to the other one.
The only way I can do this is comparing what is happening now with GG...for example...Rafe is completely out of the story with Sami....no interaction except for maybe a token scene every few months....I would say since May there really has been nothing to tie Sami to his story.....the shooting was happening but the guy was asleep in a coma....however, you still have that connection in the event they need to bring it back it's there.....however....he's completely outside of that circle...no longing looks, nothing to signify that he might still be harboring feelings for her....no flip the switch moments, etc. Now he's even started a new romantic story with another female. Same thing happened with Lucas back in late 2008...he was completely outside of Sami's orbit into Chloe's and that somehow lasted about a year and then nothing. With EJ during all that time they not only kept that 'sort of romantic' tie to Sami going and it might have been in their plan because Ejami had not had a reciprocal romantic story yet, so maybe that dynamic changes when/if they break up in the future.....now that they've had a chance to get that done.....it's like Lumi for a good 8 years before they decided to get rid of Lucas the first time....but the connection with Sami was still there to the very end and within 8 months he was back and the connection hadn't been minimized in any way...but it was also similar to the years that Ejami were not done in a romantic sense.....Lumi were not done in a romantic sense for 10 years...so the tie to Sami needed to exist in the event the show ever wanted to go that romantic route for them.

I don't think James is the kind of guy to talk about airtime, but he did reach out to his fans when contract negotiations weren't going well for him....so he does it in another way and it just happened to work that time. I will say though, that for a guy that had been consistently on the leader board for the majority of his time on Days...the last few years of him not being #1 in epi counts has been refreshing....he might not complain about it because his epi count hasn't been considerably reduced.....sure he might have gone from a 4 epi guarantee to a 3 epi guarantee but at least he hasn't suffered like GG who seems to have gone from a 4 epi guarantee to a 2 epi one........and obviously we all know what happened with BD who went from contract to recurring in no time.
See, I completely disagree that they kept the romantic tie between EJ and Sami going throughout EJ's entire run. He had a several month long stretch where he was completely about Taylor, then completely about Nicole, and there were no bones thrown at ejami. I mean, I love the official story that he did love her the entire time, but I saw indifference between them during that period.
Edited by six, Nov 15 2013, 05:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

PatNS
Nov 11 2013, 09:14 AM
Sounds like more of the same old same old with these 2. I don't think there's anything that the writers can do to make them interesting as a couple.
Quote:

I don't think there's anything that the writers can do to make them interesting as a couple.

THIS. Ejami is boring. They're more interesting apart.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Ehh. Ejami have their moments. But for the most part I liked them best from 2006-2008. I am glad that they are finally getting a payoff. But it's too little to late for me personally. I would rather Sami take a backseat for a while and maybe have them focus on Ej's past life in Europe. I'm sure they could find some sort of decent story it.

Bellajewels

I love Ejami. I'm so glad to finally see them as a couple. It's been a long wait. They're going through their trials right now but they are so good together.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

MissLola
Nov 15 2013, 05:30 PM
Ehh. Ejami have their moments. But for the most part I liked them best from 2006-2008. I am glad that they are finally getting a payoff. But it's too little to late for me personally. I would rather Sami take a backseat for a while and maybe have them focus on Ej's past life in Europe. I'm sure they could find some sort of decent story it.
I'm loving ejami right now but I would like to get a peek into EJ's past in Europe. Maybe someone from his past shows up in Salem and slowly informs the audience of how he used to be. Maybe someone like... Susan? ^_^

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 15 2013, 10:06 PM
MissLola
Nov 15 2013, 05:30 PM
I'm loving ejami right now but I would like to get a peek into EJ's past in Europe. Maybe someone from his past shows up in Salem and slowly informs the audience of how he used to be. Maybe someone like... Susan? ^_^
IDK if they'd stick with the story, if they ever delved into his past, but I remember Jack telling Abby that EJ was a player back in Europe.

I'd like to see Susan come back and explain exactly how and when EJ and Stefano reunited.
Edited by six, Nov 16 2013, 08:06 PM.

S loves EJ

Maybe some crazy exgirlfriend could come back and be obssessed with him, and given his supersperm he probably got her pregnant too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply