Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Greg Vaughan
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:05 AM (3,144 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Eric has a big week this week!
I have a short term memory, so I donít really remember too much.

Well, yesterday was the wedding.
I think from where the show ended yesterday, itís going to domino effect into the Eric/Marlena/Roman/Brady...thereís going to be a big eruption. Itís just going to go go go. A lot of venting. A lot of built up frustration and all this stuff and everybodyís to blame. Self-blame. Shock. Itís not just internally upset, but everybody else. The letdown. The disappointment. How heís become this ambassador and this face of this community thatís rebuilding, and now everybody is going to come in and attack him.

Is this going to play out long term or just over the next couple of weeks?
I think over the next couple of weeks.

What will happen next?
I wish I could remember. I just know it just continues. You think itís going one way, and then it goes another. Eric is going to go into a kind of questioning mode. Where is he going to go? What is he going to do?

Heís accused Nicole of something pretty horrible. How will that affect him as a priest?
Heís going to question himself. And everyone is going to remind him. ďWhat are you going to do? How are you gonna handle this?Ē Everybody. The Bishop, Father Matt. Everybody is going to come to him. Then heís trying to seek counsel because heís gotta come to terms with everything thatís happened. Then his brother. Then Nicole. The guilt. There are so many layers of emotions that are going to happen. Heís trying to navigate along the way, and then thereís how people are looking at him, judging him.

So far all of the love in the Eric/Nicole relationship is just coming from Nicole. Any chance weíll see Eric start to feel that, too?
I hope you do. I think that a lot of people are going to be happy. Itís going to trick a lot of people. I was even shocked at what theyíre doing. A lot of people will love it, and then theyíre going to go for another turn. And youíll be like, ďAre you kidding me?Ē Itíll be one of those. The build up to get to this point has been excited, and Iím glad that the catís finally out of the bag. But the next journey, the next chapter is even more hair turning. Iím just really enjoying the slow play. It gave me the opportunity to recreate a character. But for some people itís a character they never knew existed. For those that have been following for umpteen years or 48 years or 20 years for me to come in as such a character was a shock. Itís just slowly developing and nurturing that bond with Nicole and that ďI want you. I need you. But you canít know that.Ē
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I'm in love....sigh....I can't wait to be happy Greg....now you better not be lying...lol

I do have a feeling that we'll see things from Eric POV now...all of it...dreams, fantasies, etc...bring it!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 12:05 AM
Itís just slowly developing and nurturing that bond with Nicole and that ďI want you. I need you. But you canít know that.Ē
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh GV, I can't stop fangirling over this.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

tomsawyer
Nov 11 2013, 12:33 AM
lysie
Itís just slowly developing and nurturing that bond with Nicole and that ďI want you. I need you. But you canít know that.Ē

My ovaries....

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Great interview & I am too excited about these spoilers on Ericole. They sound so good!
Edited by Dreamy, Nov 11 2013, 02:04 AM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

lysie
ďI want you. I need you. But you canít know that.Ē
Oh my...... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Vicky4Mimi

I like Greg, but I'm glad they're not just jumping right in to Nicole and Eric as a couple. Maybe they won't even go that way at all?

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I definitely want them to go there. The buildup is slow but it's now picking up momentum. Nicole doesn't have any other prospects in the love department. I absolutely hate Daniel and Brady needs a long break to re-evaluate his life. EJ is too far down the rabid (no, I didn't make a spelling mistake) hole. Eric is the one, lest they bring in a new character just for Nicole (and I doubt that's in the cards). AZ has even said that she's still sharing a great majority of her scenes with GV. Their love story may take a while before the payoff but it seems that's where they are heading.

I think Eric is going to have an internal conflict for the months ahead. He was happy being a priest as long as things went smoothly, right now he will be suspended over something that is clearly not his fault. He will probably think there's no hope in proving his story so however long it takes to clear his name, is when we'll see him wanting Nicole in a way he hasn't since returning as a priest, something he once understood was out of his reach because of his vows. I think when he gets cleared (through Nicole's help, something he'll very much be aware of) that's where it will get interesting. Will he stay a priest? Is this role as fulfilling as he once thought? How deep do his his feelings for the woman who was and (very much) still is the love of his life go?

Choices, choices! And I am looking forward to watching it all unfold.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Be still my heart! I loved this interview. I love GV and AZ on screen together and I just know Eric is the man for Nicole. I love how they're peeling this onion layer by layer by layer, letting the viewers savor every glance, every pause, every single moment that passes between them. AZ and GV play up the undercurrent of tension beautifully. I just love every bit of their story, even the extremely difficult stuff we're witnessing now with the aftermath of Eric's rape by Kristen. I think this nut is finally going to be cracked open and all of these events are going to lead to a lot of other emotions pouring forth.

angie37
Member Avatar

Bring on Eric's fantasies and secret feelings ASAP! "I want you, I need you, but you can't know that." :cheer: :wub:

PatNS
Member Avatar

Great interview. I love these slow buildups to romance and it sounds like Eric and Nicole's story is going to deliver in spades! Thank you.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

The Bricole fan in me is really struggling with not fangurling over this.

I am really, really invested in Ericole right now :wub2:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 11 2013, 12:35 AM
tomsawyer
lysie

My ovaries....
Y'all. There's a new PRETTY in town.

My Fangirl was in complete overdrive.

And I wasn't the only one.....

I'm looking at you Lysie!! B-)

Brewster
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 11 2013, 10:38 AM
LuvingLumi
tomsawyer
lysie

My ovaries....

He needs his own name, Soapy. Let's let The Pretty still be The Pretty.

GV can be The Sexy, or The Hermergurdnessheissohawt.

six
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Nov 11 2013, 08:44 AM
Be still my heart! I loved this interview. I love GV and AZ on screen together and I just know Eric is the man for Nicole. I love how they're peeling this onion layer by layer by layer, letting the viewers savor every glance, every pause, every single moment that passes between them. AZ and GV play up the undercurrent of tension beautifully. I just love every bit of their story, even the extremely difficult stuff we're witnessing now with the aftermath of Eric's rape by Kristen. I think this nut is finally going to be cracked open and all of these events are going to lead to a lot of other emotions pouring forth.
I've come to really appreciate the twist with Eric's accusation. Nicole has a history of trying to force romantic relationships on men who don't fully want her. This time, she loved and respected Eric enough to accept his choice and walk away. Once they do get together, Eric will know for sure that this time, it really is different and he'll be able to trust her fully.

This interview makes me optimistic that the story will soon go back to where it started, where it was clear that Eric loved Nicole, even if he didn't say it. They lost that dynamic for a bit, which was disappointing.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

I want and I need to hear him say this without it being a damn dream!

Posted Image Posted Image
Edited by Team WilSon, Nov 11 2013, 11:35 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Brewster
Nov 11 2013, 11:08 AM
SoapGal1
LuvingLumi
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
My ovaries....

I believe I've previously deemed him The Perfection.

Also. ERICOLE.
Edited by mer4santo, Nov 11 2013, 11:47 AM.

six
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Nov 11 2013, 11:45 AM
Brewster
SoapGal1
LuvingLumi

Also. ERICOLE.
I'd like to support your message. The Perfection it is.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2013, 11:52 AM
mer4santo
Brewster
SoapGal1

Also. ERICOLE.
I can adopt this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SoapGal1
Nov 11 2013, 12:33 PM
six
Nov 11 2013, 11:52 AM
mer4santo
Brewster

Also. ERICOLE.
I can adopt this.

I hope I can vote, because I accept this one as well. Then when he is pictured with Ari.......that's too much damn pretty explosion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply