Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:23 AM (3,547 Views)
Hummm
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 11 2013, 11:07 AM
I hope Daniel is nowhere near Ericole.
I could go for out of town for Dr. Hobo.Bring on Ericole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Tibi
Nov 11 2013, 10:35 PM
I love Ari. She deserves so much more than what she's been given.
You mean the constant Emmy bait material that keeps getting her nominated?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

tomsawyer
Nov 12 2013, 02:52 AM
Tibi
I think that's just due to her being able to spin shit into gold, at least for the last couple of nominations. Put other actresses in there, and it might not have had the same emotional impact.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Tibi
I believe Tibi is refering to the ignoring of every request of the actual emmy bait that the actress has wanted for her character for years, along with other reasons that have been stated several times by different people on this board.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 12 2013, 07:13 AM
tomsawyer
Tibi
I think that's just due to her being able to spin shit into gold, at least for the last couple of nominations. Put other actresses in there, and it might not have had the same emotional impact.
Of course it's AZ's performance that ultimately makes or breaks the scene. But I'm betting there a ton of daytime actresses that would kill to have the amount of screentime and emotional material that AZ has had over the last five years. I have a tough time mustering up too much sympathy for AZ.

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

I love Ari and I love Nicole.. she is my favorite female character.. I also like shawn and would love to see a daniel and nicole love story .. not one that is just written to be props for other storylines.. I was for the Eric and Nicole story until the writers killed the couple for me with the way they had Eric treating Nicole.. the writers have a lot of convincing to do for me before I will support that pairing again. jmo

Tibi
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
tomsawyer
Tibi
That is a good point. She gets shit and is able to spin it into gold, whereas other actress on the show (who shall remain nameless) get gold (or blatant Emmy bait) and manage to spin it into shit and have yet to get an Emmy nomination for acting. Nicole is a great actress, she deserves the Emmy nods regardless of what she is given, but I hate seeing her used as a prop for other characters or couples who are not as good as her.

Ocean

proshutterbug
Nov 12 2013, 08:14 PM
I love Ari and I love Nicole.. she is my favorite female character.. I also like shawn and would love to see a daniel and nicole love story .. not one that is just written to be props for other storylines.. I was for the Eric and Nicole story until the writers killed the couple for me with the way they had Eric treating Nicole.. the writers have a lot of convincing to do for me before I will support that pairing again. jmo
I'm definitely not supporting ericole because too much damage of eric's behavior and calling nicole rapist. As for daniel and nicole there is no way I'll except dr tan to have love story for nicole. When nicole was in love with him he didn't care about her and using her for sex to protect his own job and the love he had for jennifer. Dannifer are the worst couple on the show and better yet dr tan is the worst character that I've ever seen on days. He ruined every characters that I love, make them obsession and beggar over him to love them back. No thanks to dannifer or ericole.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

The more I watch Ari, the more I root for Nicole. It's plain she loves the character & is having a great time portraying her. I'm absolutely on board for a long-haul for Ericole - he's going to be a blank-slate (so to speak) when the collar comes off :pray: and Greg Vaughan has quickly turned into one of my favorite actors on the show.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tibi
Nov 12 2013, 11:03 PM
ladyofthelake
tomsawyer
Tibi
That is a good point. She gets shit and is able to spin it into gold, whereas other actress on the show (who shall remain nameless) get gold (or blatant Emmy bait) and manage to spin it into shit and have yet to get an Emmy nomination for acting. Nicole is a great actress, she deserves the Emmy nods regardless of what she is given, but I hate seeing her used as a prop for other characters or couples who are not as good as her.
BINGO. Prop. I think now, though, the prop-ism is finally leaving.
Sure, she gets plenty of screen time, but is it quality screen time that benefits the character? But, I love her, so I'll be happy. It sure beats the ultra amount of screen time others get that don't amount to a hill of beans, so there's that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

tomsawyer
Nov 12 2013, 11:48 AM
ladyofthelake
tomsawyer
Tibi
Of course it's AZ's performance that ultimately makes or breaks the scene. But I'm betting there a ton of daytime actresses that would kill to have the amount of screentime and emotional material that AZ has had over the last five years. I have a tough time mustering up too much sympathy for AZ.
Possibly, but her ton of screen time doesn't seem to get nearly as heavily promoted as other characters' ton of screen time, with storylines that are crappily redundant. Therefore, I can have sympathy for that. But, I'm pretty sure Ari just makes it work. She seems like a true pro, and I love the way she handles things. I guess that's why I want more for her. There's so much potential there that I don't think NBC is trying to tap into when it comes to promotion.

thepadange

I didn't know where to put this interview:
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/details-days-daniel-and-nicole-share-a-steamy-kiss-will-it-lead-to-more

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

thepadange
Nov 22 2013, 05:35 AM
SC's description of whats happening doesn't match what I see on my screen. Neither Daniel nor Nicole are helping Eric at all at this point. Nicole just basically told Eric to fuck off and Daniel is too busy worrying about his precious Jen-Jen being upset at him for having a life after she dumped him. So Nicole and Daniel getting caught up in the moment while helping Eric is not what's happening. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting and he's referring to future events? Though I would like to hope that we don't see anymore Dicole kissing. Nicole has finally found her self-worth and self-respect. The last thing I want to see is Nicole going back to who she was when she was with Daniel. Though I'm all for some Ericole angst, I do not want Dicole as anything more than friends ever again.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 22 2013, 07:48 AM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

It sounds like future events................. :puke:
Edited by Laufeyson, Nov 22 2013, 07:53 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 22 2013, 07:52 AM
It sounds like future events................. :puke:
:facepalm: :headbang:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 22 2013, 08:40 AM.

Starr

I've always liked AZ and her acting. I can spot true talent a mile away. (Used to do a little acting myself) Arianne Zucker is on the top of her game. I wish her an Emmy and all the best to come. Great interview!
Edited by Starr, Nov 22 2013, 07:00 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply