Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Deidre Hall
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 01:02 AM (4,599 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Marlena’s in some trouble! Tell us about it.
Well, I assume you’re talking about Friday’s show. Oh my gosh! Wasn’t that fabulous? That was so long in coming, and our writers are so brilliant at taking one little morsel, like when Kristen bought off the the thug that beat up Brady, and that picture was everywhere. Everybody had it. The little girl had it, the little boy had it. We all knew that was the nail in the coffin if we could just find that thing. And it was the same with the flash drive. Everyone had it. Nobody could find it. It was on the floor, it was in my purse, it was spilled on, it was lost. It’s the anticipation that builds when you have a tool like that, and it’s spectacular. Because once it’s now been transposed, Victor knows what it is and he’s going to make Marlena do it? Oh my God!

Will there be some sort of confrontation with Victor now that he’s thrown her under the bus?
I have a moment with him. No, I don’t slap him. It isn’t what you’re looking for, but I do have a few minutes with him where I get to say, “Wow. You knew.”

John’s coming back. Does she get to be mad?
Yes. Thank God. And we’ve played scenes where he keeps trying to infuse himself into a family situation and keeps being told, “You have no place in this. Get out. Shut up. Stop talking. None of your business. Step back.” Yeah. We all get to do it to him.

So that’s not for a while. What’s happening between now and then?
We have a new character. Chandler’s gone. And we have Guy coming in. We’ll have a slight transition there. He’s darling. He’s a different guy. He’s not Chandler, but his heart is huge. He’s working very hard to make it work. He’s working with me to make it work. And I think you’re going to love him.

So you will get to interact with him. The Marlena/Will stuff stopped kind of suddenly.
I know. Once he came out and then he met Sonny, I think they just moved on.

It sounds like there is going to be a lot more family interaction.
It’s what we’re all looking for. We all want that family. The tape airing is a sea change for all the storylines. Obviously for Brady, Kristen, Eric, Marlena, Sami...I mean everybody. EJ. Everybody gets flipped upside down. It’s just brilliant storytelling, and it takes you in a whole new direction.

When John left, we got to see a much different Marlena. Will that continue?
He’s only been back for a week or so, and I have very intense scenes coming up with Eric and other things going on. And with Will and Sonny.

Do you see the difference in Marlena now compared to a year ago?
Well, she was a loner. You had a woman who was unattached, not to her family but to her husband. There was a loss. There was a hollowness. But she was foremost a mother, and as we all know as a parent that’s what sustains all of us.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Great interview. Just love DH & I am so glad we will get some Marlena and family scenes!

LovingDays

Love DH/Marlena

Thanks for the interview

Vicky4Mimi

Great interview! Thanks!

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 01:02 AM

Yes. Thank God. And we’ve played scenes where he keeps trying to infuse himself into a family situation and keeps being told, “You have no place in this. Get out. Shut up. Stop talking. None of your business. Step back.” Yeah. We all get to do it to him.

This made me lol, but good. If she won't slap Victor can she slap John? And I'm bummed it doesn't seem like much fallout between her and Victor.

I'm guessing this new character is the Liam guy? Unless someone else is also coming.

I also hope we get some Will/Marlena before Chandler's gone

lysie
Member Avatar

NYBlueDevil
Nov 11 2013, 01:21 AM
lysie

This made me lol, but good. If she won't slap Victor can she slap John? And I'm bummed it doesn't seem like much fallout between her and Victor.

I'm guessing this new character is the Liam guy? Unless someone else is also coming.

I'm not positive if the new character is actually a new character or if she was just talking about Will. It could be either.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

awesome interview!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

NYBlueDevil
Nov 11 2013, 01:21 AM
lysie

I find this very realistic. It's how I would react if I was in her shoes. She may love him but yeah, he needs to step back! lol.

Hummm
Member Avatar

I just want Marlena to keep her back bone,be upfront and with John.

AFaithL

Sounds like they are white-washing the Victor/Marlena thing. I still need that conversation and confrontation. I wouldn't mind seeing Marlena getting a little revenge there.

Glad Marlena is basically telling John to GTFO. He abandoned his family for 9 months and expects to be able to jump back in and play the role of "concerned father". If he was so "concerned" in the first place he would have come back months before that.

In the end, yes, I want John and Marlena back together. But only after John spills his guts on the deep, psychological, and emotional reasons behind his "actions" regarding Kristen --- a woman he couldn't have given less of a fuck about for 18 years. If he was just playin' Marlena regarding his "plan" and had to pretend to be an asshole to make it seem realistic, then say so. Explain that. Marlena can forgive that.

Just fix the damn history.

michr544125

Very good interview! I'm not a big John and Marlena fan but I'm glad Marlena is still getting lots of story. I love how so many people are praising Guy already. When Deidra praises I know he must be good.

thepadange

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 05:16 AM
Sounds like they are white-washing the Victor/Marlena thing. I still need that conversation and confrontation.

Yep. And, preferably, a huge confrontation, not a two minutes one. He deserved it.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 11 2013, 07:08 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
I'll always love you. Always

Fantastic interview! Thanks!!

Love Deidre :wub:

Just love what she had to say about the John-situation, and Guy Wilson coming on to the show. I too just love the praises Guy gets- especially from Deidre! :wub:

chinkybig

Hail to THE REAL QUEEN. Thanks for the great interview!!! :)

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

When I first read it, I misread "He's only BEEN back for a week or so" ... without the been :x I was confused since in the Day of Days someone said he was on contract. Looks great ahead! Other than whitewashing victor.

thepadange

Deidre's answer didn't sound to me as if she was praising GW's acting too much but more like supporting and acknowledging his hard work.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Enjoyed this interview. I'm looking forward to Marlena and Eric's scenes today and I can't wait for Drake to be back on the scene! Thanks.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Great interview!

I am looking forward to everyone letting John have it, especially Marlena. I hope she gives him hell then has an affair with Victor and shakes up Ruffles a bit.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

Brewster
Nov 11 2013, 10:16 AM
Great interview!

I am looking forward to everyone letting John have it, especially Marlena. I hope she gives him hell then has an affair with Victor and shakes up Ruffles a bit.
Now that I could get behind. Great interview!

angie37
Member Avatar

Marlena needs to give it to John with both barrels blazing. He soooooo deserves it after the :shithitfan: he pulled.
Edited by angie37, Nov 11 2013, 10:27 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply