Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Deidre Hall
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 01:02 AM (4,600 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

angie37
Nov 11 2013, 10:26 AM
Marlena needs to give it to John with both barrels blazing. He soooooo deserves it after the :shithitfan: he pulled.
He does. I want John to make his intentions to win her back clear (ala, the car ride home from the 100,000 dollar dance), and then I want her to look at him and say "You don't get it. You broke us." and walk away. Then let the fighting and bickering begin. To the point where, say, Julie and Hope lock them in a room and force them to talk about stuff ;) Marlena is stubborn as hell, I want that to be obvious.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I've never been a Marlena fan but honestly I've come to really like her without John. I hope this reconciliation takes a long time and that she still will function independently rather than in a parasitic lip lock with her man.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Love it,John was hard on Marlena for so long,he was an ass and I am glade she doesn't just forgive and forget right away,I certainly wouldn't.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Nov 11 2013, 12:44 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Nov 11 2013, 12:43 PM
Love it,John was hard on Marlena for so long,he was an ass and I am glade she doesn't just forgive and forget right away,I certainly wouldn't.
I would have been so disappointed if she did.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

The Room Stops
Nov 11 2013, 01:37 PM
Snowing Fan
Nov 11 2013, 12:43 PM
I would have been so disappointed if she did.
I really hope the show invests in doing this story with John and Marlena right. I have to believe that it will, otherwise, why bring Drake back? Just from the writing so far with Ericole (with a few admitted but not major missteps, it's obvious that when the show wants to tell a solid, old school story they can.

I think John and Marlena, both individually and together, deserve the same treatment. I really hope they get it.

CatherineEarnshaw

Marlena would never become romantically involved with Victor. Ick!!
So glad Drake is back. Can we get a huge j/m love story in which they and us get a big glorious payoff??

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 11 2013, 04:12 PM
Marlena would never become romantically involved with Victor. Ick!!
So glad Drake is back. Can we get a huge j/m love story in which they and us get a big glorious payoff??
I can't see Victor with Marlena either. They're just too diametrically opposed to each other in their ethical, moral, etc., belief system. That's why I don't like Maggie and Victor. They had to change Victor to fit with her. It doesn't work, and it wouldn't work with Marlena.

peaches179

thepadange
Nov 11 2013, 09:03 AM
Deidre's answer didn't sound to me as if she was praising GW's acting too much but more like supporting and acknowledging his hard work.

That's what I got too. The chemistry between Deidre/Chandler was amazing. It's going to be hard to top that kind of chemistry.

Hummm
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Can we get a huge j/m love story in which they and us get a big glorious payoff??
We new writer's for that,I don't see that happening anytime soon
Edited by Hummm, Nov 11 2013, 11:25 PM.

peaches179

Hummm
Nov 11 2013, 11:24 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Can we get a huge j/m love story in which they and us get a big glorious payoff??
We new writer's for that,I don't see that happening anytime soon

ICAM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't really love her but I appreciate this interview. Lately interviews (one batch in particular, not so much these from the Day of Days thing) seem filled with a lot of "I don't even know what's airing right now" and "I can't tell you that" kind of stuff. Awesome to read one where, far as I can tell, none of that appears. This and Ari Zucker's- to me it's like they have a different level of....I want to call it professionalism. Good on them.

lysie
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 12 2013, 08:17 PM
I don't really love her but I appreciate this interview. Lately interviews (one batch in particular, not so much these from the Day of Days thing) seem filled with a lot of "I don't even know what's airing right now" and "I can't tell you that" kind of stuff. Awesome to read one where, far as I can tell, none of that appears. This and Ari Zucker's- to me it's like they have a different level of....I want to call it professionalism. Good on them.
To me, there was a notable contrast between the more veteran actors (30+) and the younger actors in their abilities to handle questions about upcoming storylines.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Great interview! and i'm glad that Marlena won't take John back that easily. J&M angst is what they do best.

Will&Sonny

peaches179
Nov 11 2013, 05:39 PM
thepadange
Nov 11 2013, 09:03 AM
Deidre's answer didn't sound to me as if she was praising GW's acting too much but more like supporting and acknowledging his hard work.

That's what I got too. The chemistry between Deidre/Chandler was amazing. It's going to be hard to top that kind of chemistry.
Same here. I read it as, "Guy's acting isn't up to the level that Chandler's was at and the dynamic between Marlena and Will isn't as good as it was with Chandler, but Guy's at least open to advice and willing to work with me to improve his craft, so perhaps he'll get there eventually."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hummm
Member Avatar

I just want Dee/Marlena up front with strong stories and with Drake/John,J&M forever.

hospitalitea

Dreamy
Nov 11 2013, 01:07 AM
Great interview. Just love DH & I am so glad we will get some Marlena and family scenes!
I am not in a big hurry to see Deidre in a lot of family scene. It makes sense to be in scenes with Eric to help him through the ordeal he will face, however I have always preferred Marlena in an adversarial relationship with Sami, that is when both Deidre and AS performances are at their best....lovey dovey mother and daughter never has worked for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply