Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Debbi Morgan on AMC: "We're Officially Done"
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:27 AM (3,314 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=135

While fans have been waiting to hear an announcement from Prospect Park since Friday, one of the show’s actresses took to Twitter late this evening to break the news to fans about where they stand.

Debbi Morgan, who played Angie Hubbard on the soap, responded to Twitter fans with the news that they will not be back for any more “All My Children.”

“My manager ws given the news that we were officially done by PP’s lawyer…”

She went on to respond to another fan saying it is over.

After the show was canceled in 2011 on ABC Daytime, both “AMC” and “One Life to Live” were able to find life again online as Prospect Park took it on, and premiered on HULU and iTunes on April 29, 2013. The two shows would then air during the summer on the Oprah Winfrey Network, OWN.

A couple months ago, Jeff Kwatinetz revealed in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that “OLTL” was to be shelved until the lawsuit with ABC was resolved. Now, it looks like “AMC” is over, as well.

Fans, what do you make of this news?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

And they don't even have the balls to make the announcement themselves.

May bankruptcy fall upon them all.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Exactly and I hope they lose their asinine lawsuit and have to pay big legal fees. Hacks.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Whoever thought we'd be rooting for ABC? :lol:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

PP is very unprofessional with terrible public relations qualities.

Tammy
Member Avatar

What a bunch of chicken shits!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Well maybe now one of the other 4 soaps can snatch all the good talent up.

I want to see a number of AMC talent land new roles.

OliveAnn

Mitchapalooza
Nov 12 2013, 12:40 PM

Hoenstly, if it didn't happen after the TV versions were done, I don't see it happening now, either.

N&S

Mitchapalooza
Nov 12 2013, 12:40 PM

Most of them are and have been on Y&R
Edited by N&S, Nov 12 2013, 02:48 PM.

tom655

This was all too good to be true--the rebirth of OLTL and AMC. But, at the risk of sounding like a child, I didn't want one soap without the other. Thanks for the memories!!

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Bringing back AMC and OLTL was a total disaster. Wish PP left it alone. Actors and fans are devastated TWICE. :ermm:
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 20 2013, 04:31 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

How awesome is it that they still havent made a statement.

am103
Member Avatar

Yeah, they should've just left these soaps alone. Sigh. Well. Maybe some of the other soaps can scoop up some extra talent!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Nov 20 2013, 09:48 PM
How awesome is it that they still havent made a statement.
Pretty awesome and not surprising. I recently read about what a trainwreck Jeff Kwatinetz one of the founders of PP is. This pic of him on his Twitter is so awkward.

https://twitter.com/JeffKwatinetz/status/350032394688024576/photo/1

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

With Katie Couric leaving ABC, can't they just bring one of these soaps back to the mother ship? /wishfulthinking

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

They should cancel The Chew as well, and bring them both back, or at least both back as 30 min shows.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

She hasn't won an Emmy in 25 years. I so badly want her to finally win Outstanding Lead Actress next summer.

Assuming the panel hasn't already engraved the name Heather Tom to the trophy.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No way it'll happen. That ship's sailed.

OliveAnn

Renegade_Killerbee
Nov 24 2013, 11:21 AM
She hasn't won an Emmy in 25 years. I so badly want her to finally win Outstanding Lead Actress next summer.

Assuming the panel hasn't already engraved the name Heather Tom to the trophy.

I'm not sure PP has the money to submit anyone. Of course, Debbi Morgan can submit herself, but the question in that case is how she'll get the tape to send to NATAS, since all episodes are property of PP. If PP won't cooperate, then nobody will submit and changing Emmy rules to accommodate AMC and OLTL was all for nothing in that case.

Edited by OliveAnn, Nov 28 2013, 04:59 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Did anything happen on either soap in the 40 something episodes they made that would even deserve an emmy? I mean, fair enough it only takes 4, but considering this run was written at a 4 a week pace and aired twice a week could anything have even climaxed to let someone showcase their talents?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply