Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Debbi Morgan on AMC: "We're Officially Done"
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:27 AM (3,451 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=135

While fans have been waiting to hear an announcement from Prospect Park since Friday, one of the show’s actresses took to Twitter late this evening to break the news to fans about where they stand.

Debbi Morgan, who played Angie Hubbard on the soap, responded to Twitter fans with the news that they will not be back for any more “All My Children.”

“My manager ws given the news that we were officially done by PP’s lawyer…”

She went on to respond to another fan saying it is over.

After the show was canceled in 2011 on ABC Daytime, both “AMC” and “One Life to Live” were able to find life again online as Prospect Park took it on, and premiered on HULU and iTunes on April 29, 2013. The two shows would then air during the summer on the Oprah Winfrey Network, OWN.

A couple months ago, Jeff Kwatinetz revealed in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that “OLTL” was to be shelved until the lawsuit with ABC was resolved. Now, it looks like “AMC” is over, as well.

Fans, what do you make of this news?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't watch AMC, so I can't speak to that, but I definitely don't think OLTL did anything impressive enough to merit even nominations, much less wins.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

AMC did, acting by Debbi Morgan(Angie), Darnell Williams(Jesse) & Sal Stowers(Cassandra) especially. Denyse Tontz(Miranda), Vincent Irizarry(David) & Eric Nelson(AJ) also deserve consideration.

ONE LIFE could be nominated for Erika Slezak(Viki), Jerry ver Dorn(Clint), Florencia Lozano(Téa), Kelly Missal(Dani), Roger Howarth(Todd) & Trevor St. John (Todd).
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Nov 25 2013, 06:25 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

It's official: Debbi Morgan won't be submitting her name for the Emmys.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/11/30/debbi-morgan-nixes-daytime-emmy-nomination-submission

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Damn, Debbi should submit herself. I think she could definitely win!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Dec 1 2013, 10:27 PM
Damn, Debbi should submit herself. I think she could definitely win!

She's making almost everybody's lists (fans and soap press) of the Best Soap Actress of the Year. Oh well guess it gives Finola Hughes and Eileen Davidson greater odds although I am pretty sure the Emmy panel already has the name Heather Tom engraved on the trophy.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I hope Heather Tom does win....

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Heather Tom has won the Emmy enough. I love her, but it's time for someone else to win. I think it will be Finola Hughes, if not, it will be Eileen Davidson!

MzTee
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson was great as Kristen and Ashley and love to see her win!!!

OliveAnn

I know this topic is getting pretty old and hardly anyone is posting, but Michael Logan posted somrthing on twitter re: Emmys that soem might find interesting.

https://twitter.com/TVGMLogan/status/421665557771862016

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply