Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/11
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 07:35 AM (21,232 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Guy Wilson - @THEguywilson
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
[email protected]

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
[email protected]

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
[email protected]

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
[email protected] and [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
SadieEsperanto

Supergirlx2
Nov 17 2013, 05:05 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Nov 17 2013, 04:06 PM
AFaithL
Nov 17 2013, 03:14 PM
He's a kid.
He's turning 28 in a few days.
WOW! He's OLDER than me?!?!?!

Are TPTB trying to SORAS Will to be more similar in age to Sonny, or are they hoping they'll be able to pass off a 28 year old as a 21 year old??
Given what I've seen of Guy Wilson's other work, and the fact that a properly-aged Sonny and Will would only be ~4 years apart, I'd guess the latter. GW fit right in as a high school senior when IRL he was 25ish.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Guy Wilson has apologized for the tweet. (I can't get direct links for the first two tweets, but they are in his timeline.)

Guy Wilson ‏@THEguywilson
As for my tweet my last night, my sincere apologies to those I've offended. That was never my intention and I feel sick over it.

Here in LA and WeHo, the term 'tranny' is used as an endearment.

It was shortsighted of me to not realize there's a wide world of views and feelings beyond LA culture.
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/402204526288990209

Again, it was never my intention to marginalize anyone EVER!
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/402204630068641792
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

best thing I've read this week is "Just because you're offended doesn't automatically make you right."
Online Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

jwsel
Nov 17 2013, 06:19 PM
Guy Wilson has apologized for the tweet. (I can't get direct links for the first two tweets, but they are in his timeline.)

Guy Wilson ■@THEguywilson
As for my tweet my last night, my sincere apologies to those I've offended. That was never my intention and I feel sick over it.

Here in LA and WeHo, the term 'tranny' is used as an endearment.

It was shortsighted of me to not realize there's a wide world of views and feelings beyond LA culture.
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/402204526288990209

Again, it was never my intention to marginalize anyone EVER!
https://twitter.com/THEguywilson/status/402204630068641792
Yep...there IS a world outside LA...even a world outside the US Guy! There is so much I want to say, but I will make it short...give up twitter (and probably some other habits). Don't associate with MR...oops, strike that...just show us at least that you can act...<sigh...not too hopeful>
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm sorry, but i find it hard to believe that's a term of endearment. That said, from everything that's come out up until this comment, I'll be honest, I actually thought he was going to be more accepting than Chandler even. So, with that I'll reserve judgement until future actions dictate otherwise.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yeah, depending on the culture, it can be a term of endearment. I know quite a few people who greet one another merely by saying "whore". WeHo is far different from middle America. lol
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The whole thing is just ironic. He's in a place that's so open about these types of things that he's having to apologize for forgetting that not everyone is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 17 2013, 06:28 PM
best thing I've read this week is "Just because you're offended doesn't automatically make you right."
Yeah okay, but Ricky Gervais was the one to say that. He hardly has a leg to stand on his own hypocritical-self.

I thought his tweet was incredibly rude because he was purposely mis-gendering the person in question. :glare:

Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I didn't really think it was that big of a deal. I'm more offended by some if the faux outrage that I've seen on twitter. In all honestly how many people have seen a person of questionable gender and made a stupid joke to a friend or at least been secretly amused by it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Becki

I live in Nashville Tennessee. And the word "Tranny" is used as a term of endearment here. I used to hang out at The Connection, this was a very popular club in Nashville. The Connection is where Calpernia Addams performed. I saw her perform and she was Awesome. But anyway the word "Tranny" was really popular when I hung out at The Connection,and was used as a term of endearment at the club and at other places in Nashville, like the OUT LOUD bookstore. People all over Nashville use the word "Tranny" as a term of endearment,and no one I know is offended by it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Becki

Panda Panda
Nov 17 2013, 08:33 PM
Matt
Yeah okay, but Ricky Gervais was the one to say that. He hardly has a leg to stand on his own hypocritical-self.

I thought his tweet was incredibly rude because he was purposely mis-gendering the person in question. :glare:

How was he "purposely mis-gendering" the person? He couldn't tell if the person was a "she" or a "tranny". I don't think he did anything "purposely".
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Personally, I think it's much ado about nothing.
Online Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Becki
Nov 17 2013, 10:00 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 17 2013, 08:33 PM
Matt

How was he "purposely mis-gendering" the person? He couldn't tell if the person was a "she" or a "tranny". I don't think he did anything "purposely".
Trans-gender people are just that. People who are transitioning from one gender to another. It's incredibly rude to call someone who is MTF (Male to Female) by male pronouns like "he, his, him" just as it's similarly rude to call a FTM (Female to Male) by the feminine pronouns "she, her, herself, etc."

The tweet said something like "is she a chick or a tranny?" then lastly he said "will he/she" at the end of his tweet.

Here's the problem: In the first part it's pretty evident that the person in question has a feminine appearance (which could be facial, walk, clothes, hair etc) that's clear enough for Guy to call her by the correct feminine pronoun. He then switches up by calling the person a "tranny" (because they may also have a masculine feature(s);which the person would still be identified as female regardless) and proceeds to purposely use the incorrect gender pronouns to describe the person.

Guy saw a possible transgendered person, who's dominate gender was clear enough to decipher in the beginning of his tweet, acknowledged the fact that the person was transgendered and made a rude comment pertaining to the person being in transition.

And looking at his tweet again there is absolutely nothing in there that can be seen as a term of endearment especially to a stranger in a grocery store.
Edited by Panda Panda, Nov 17 2013, 10:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Becki
Nov 17 2013, 09:52 PM
I live in Nashville Tennessee. And the word "Tranny" is used as a term of endearment here. I used to hang out at The Connection, this was a very popular club in Nashville. The Connection is where Calpernia Addams performed. I saw her perform and she was Awesome. But anyway the word "Tranny" was really popular when I hung out at The Connection,and was used as a term of endearment at the club and at other places in Nashville, like the OUT LOUD bookstore. People all over Nashville use the word "Tranny" as a term of endearment,and no one I know is offended by it.
That person who you mentioned is an advocate for transgender rights, and those two places that were just listed are LGBTQA businesses. So of course there would be an "okay" for the language to be used by those in the community itself which is really pushing it since there's a lot of transphobia in the LGBTQA community still. However the general usage outside of the specific community should really be stopped or at least contained.

It's the same way with racial and/or stereotyping. If you're around a group of friends from another ethnicity than yours and they use language that is perceived as offensive to their ethnic group (by the use of those outside of that group); that doesn't mean that the language is no longer offensive and it doesn't make it "okay" for you to use it too just because your friends are using it.

Edited by Panda Panda, Nov 17 2013, 10:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Nov 17 2013, 10:28 PM
It's the same way with racial and/or stereotyping. If you're around a group of friends from another ethnicity than yours and they use language that is perceived as offensive to their ethnic group (by the use of those outside of that group); that doesn't mean that the language is no longer offensive and it doesn't make it "okay" for you to use it too just because your friends are using it.

That's the way I feel. And you have to know your audience. Your friends might even be fine with you using the [former] slur as a term of endearment, but not everyone will agree, so it's best not to say those things on twitter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 17 2013, 07:40 PM
I know quite a few people who greet one another merely by saying "whore".
Same here. My friends and I do it all the time, but I think there's a difference between friends sarcastically calling one another names and calling someone you don't even know a tranny, LoL.

If you go back and read Guy's original tweet, I think it's clear he didn't mean in any kind of endearing way. It read like "What the fuck is this thing in front of me and why is it touching my grapes?" Kind of shitty, but I don't think he's homophobic or anything. I think he was just trying to be funny in a sarcastic/shock value sort of way and it didn't work.

By the way, does this whole thing remind you of the Aaryn debacle on Big Brother as much as it does me? Right down to the whole "here in Texas/LA we mean it nicely when we say racist and homophobic things" excuse, LoL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

But you know, SOMEONE is going to get pissed off about something. Where is the line drawn? I'm pretty sure most of us have made those gray area snafus at one time or another. He's just unfortunate enough to have every little thing about him scrutinized because he's following a popular actor. When it boils down to it, do those that "resemble" those remarks get upset, or do other people get upset on their behalf? Maybe we're getting too touchy. I dunno. I mean, I'm overweight and I have had to read comments about that all my life. Thoughtless? Sure. It's going to happen, though, and I've just learned not to get my panties in a wad about it. There are better things in life to get upset about. Now, hate crimes and true hate language that can incite violence against a race, creed, or orientation? That's another matter. I don't think this crossed any lines.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 17 2013, 11:01 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I don't think CM's popularity has anything to do with it. He used a term that has been used to belittle people and he got called out on it. Maybe he just didn't think it through and he will next time, which is a positive outcome.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

People do realize that "Tranny" and "a transgendered person" are 2 totally separate things, don't they?
Online Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 17 2013, 11:12 PM
People do realize that "Tranny" and "a transgendered person" are 2 totally separate things, don't they?
Transgender is an umbrella term that includes transsexuals, crossdressers, and all sorts of other categories that blur traditional gender lines. Transgender is *not* the same as transsexual. ôTransgenderö refers to those who varies from the societal norms for their gender as assigned at birth.
Edited by Panda Panda, Nov 17 2013, 11:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic