Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Shawn Christian
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:09 PM (3,078 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Whatís Daniel up to?
Everything.

Heís in martyr mode right now.
I am in serious martyr mode. Iíve got to get out of that right now. I need to start crusading for someone else beside myself if Iím doing that. At the moment heís going on a wild adventure with Nicole to try and clear Ericís name. That takes a lot of different unexpected twists and turns.

We keep hearing 'unexpected.'
Letís put it this way. I read every script. I havenít read Monday yet because Iím never quite sure what kind of fire Daniel is going to put out that day. I mean, heís intertwined with Jennifer, Jenniferís daughter, Theresa, Nicole, also Eric and he seems to be finding himself involved in everybodyís business but his own because heís always putting everyone else first. For better or worse.

Thereís some stuff coming up with Daniel and Nicole.
They do go on quite the adventure. We try to exonerate Eric. We jokingly called it ďGuns and NeedlesĒ at one point because weíve got guns and needles. Weíre hauling out all the artillery trying to make the situation good, but we find ourselves embroiled in some more trouble.

Whatís going to happen with Daniel and Jennifer?
She keeps trying to see the best in him. The problem is that he keeps lying to her about the situation with Theresa. Because everyone assumes the worst in Daniel and that heís a promiscuous person, he thought itíd be an easy sell to Jennifer. He didnít flat out say he slept with her; it was more of a ďyou do the mathĒ in hopes of trying to protect JJ. But Jennifer pushed him and pushed him trying to see the best in Daniel, and it makes it harder and harder for him to lie to her. Eventually, thatís going to come to a head.

We still donít know who Danielís father is.
I donít know. Itís so funny. They were toying with it with John Anistonís character because he knows more than heís letting on. But that ball is still in the air. How did Victor have a hand in it when you know heís the most conniving in daytime. He has to have a hand in how that came about. I donít know how soon that will come to light. I donít know the answer.

The show used a picture of Daniel with Melanie the other day. Is that a sign of anything coming?
No. Other than she did Addicts Anonymous with me. It was a blessing to go back to working with her and watch her create this character. There is nothing that I know of in the forseeable future. I think theyíre just trying to establish family and history which Days does a great job of doing. They incorporate those pictures that make a house feel like a home. It is odd sometimes. You see pictures that are relevant to storyline which is probably why youíre asking. All of a sudden if Iíve got stories involved in the Kiriakis mansion, youíll see pictures of Daniel and Parker. If Bradyís got stories there, youíll see pictures of Brady. Or my mom. Maggie. Her pictures will show up. Yeah, I donít know if thereís a particular rhyme or reason.

Is there anything else you can tell us?
Most of what I know I canít tell you.

Can you tell us about the other fraction then?
Someone tweeted out that everyone seems to be hanging out at Danielís apartment. Stuff used to always go down at the pier, right? Now itís at Danielís apartment because we donít have the pier set. When I open that door to Danielís apartment, itís always interesting because it could be anybody. But you know itís gonna be trouble. I donít even have to be there anymore!

Does Daniel miss surfing?
Yes! I have a little speech about that! I have a speech about how my parents used to take me surfing, and we had a beach house. I have a story with JJ about how my parents had a beach house and what it was like growing up. I had to do manual labor, and the handy man was a professional surfer who taught me how to surf after work. Yeah, he misses surfing and that lifestyle. That life and death thing he has kind of thing for. Thatís why heís a surgeon. He loves life on the edge whether itís surgery, life and death situations, or surfing. Itís like in this adventure heís having with Nicole. It puts them in a life or death situation. He has a pension for these things.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I'm glad we're going to see more of Daniel and Nicole. Still love them.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2013, 12:13 PM
I really like their friendship. I know they kiss and all but I really don't think it's what we think it is...nothing romantic....at least I'm hoping it's not. From this interview, it kind of seems like they will be working together, as friends, to help Eric.

Romancer66

"He has a pension for these things."

Sounds like that should be "penchant" or "passion." Although the idea of having "a pension" for life and death situations is mildly amusing.

But it sounds like there's going to be way too much Daniel in everyone else's business. All Daniel, all the time. No thanks!

metitle
Member Avatar

lysie

Whatís Daniel up to?
Everything.
oy..... :facepalm:
Edited by metitle, Nov 11 2013, 12:23 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 12:09 PM
Whatís Daniel up to?
Everything.
:facepalm: And this is one of the main reasons why I can't get into this character. Some times less is really more.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2013, 12:13 PM
I envy you. Not even Nicole can make me like Daniel, but if she could, watching DAYS would be a lot more fun.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I hate Daniel regardless, I actually hate him more with Nicole.

KMan101
Member Avatar

God, he sounds as awful as his character does. Blah. Can he please leave?

fundays13
Member Avatar

metitle
Nov 11 2013, 12:20 PM
lysie

Whatís Daniel up to?
Everything.
oy..... :facepalm:
Would it have sounded better if he said : not much ? Which is probably more the case . He mentioned a speech to jk about surfing and pictures in the kiriakis mansion which doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he really doesn't have a story on this show. I get the feeling that he's bored with being on days and his real passion is his web series and other projects like sponsering a girl from his hometown who wants to be a racecar driver

PatNS
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to his adventure with Nicole.

Thanks.

Schumi_F1

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 12:09 PM

We still donít know who Danielís father is.
They were toying with it with John Anistonís character

Sometimes it's disappointing that actors/characters don't know or don't care about history or how it would affect other characters. SC knows that his character has a biological daughter-Melanie who was married and was pregnant with Victor's biological son-Philip Kiriakis? he knows right? but still doesn't give a damn how it would affect Philip Kiriakis. It would totally DESTROY Philip and I don't see him ever coming back.
The only thing that still keeps me interested is that one day NBC might bring Jay back and if they let Tomsell(who I totally see changing history cos they aren't fan of Philip Kiriakis' character and we all know what that means) rewrite characters and history, in that case Philip's that will be it for me.

Hey Shawn, YOU CAN'T even come close to Jay's/Philip Kiriakis talent, his importance to the show and his looks , so shut up and just go away.

six
Member Avatar

I don't think SC is aware that he's in competition with JKJ, and it's not his fault if the show considered making Victor and Daniel relatives.
Edited by six, Nov 11 2013, 07:34 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

I didn't get "Victor's the daddy" out of that comment at all. I got "Victor's mustache is full of secrets".

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

We still don't know who Daniel's father is.

Who. Cares. I hope TPTB leave that alone. It's already known he's Maggie's darling egg-baby worshipped by almost everyone in Salem.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 11 2013, 09:38 PM.

Schumi_F1

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8848821/1/

Did you say ďhis dadĒ?
For Victor. Did I say his dad?

Yes, you did.
No. I wish. Not even close. I wish

Yeah he wishes he was Victor's son and who cares how it affects the other character. I Don't care who's son he is, not interested, just not Victor's.
Edited by Schumi_F1, Nov 11 2013, 10:54 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

At the moment heís going on a wild adventure with Nicole to try and clear Ericís name. That takes a lot of different unexpected twists and turns.

Is he talking about what they're currently filming or what's about to happen in the near future or both?

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

It sounds to me that he's referring to what's airing now - maybe he's been watching for the past few days/weeks to remind himself of what was filmed. At least, I hope so - I'd hate to think that in with the tape schedule, in four months (or is it five now someone mentioned??) we'll STILL be seeing that collar on Eric as Nicole & Daniel try to clear his name.

Does anyone (Jason :glare: ) know when SC's contract is up? Not saying I hope he leaves the show, but seriously - there is really no point to this character anymore.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Nov 12 2013, 08:38 AM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

KMan101
Nov 11 2013, 01:34 PM
God, he sounds as awful as his character does. Blah. Can he please leave?
I have to agree with you. Normally, he comes off as pretty decent and level headed. Not this time! He sounds almost as unbearable as his character.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

In my years of watchings soaps, I've never seen a character I hate more than this Daniel "character"....ugh

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply