Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Shawn Christian
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:09 PM (2,998 Views)
Romancer66

JDeveraux_91
Nov 12 2013, 08:56 AM
KMan101
Nov 11 2013, 01:34 PM
God, he sounds as awful as his character does. Blah. Can he please leave?
I have to agree with you. Normally, he comes off as pretty decent and level headed. Not this time! He sounds almost as unbearable as his character.
Isn't Daniel great? Isn't Daniel selfless? Isn't it awesome that Daniel's all over the place crusading to save others from themselves? Isn't it wonderful that he's so intertwined with all these women, like Jennifer, Abigail, Theresa, and Nicole? And that he's providing guidance to his late rival's troubled teenage son, which includes giving pep talks about the dignity of manual labor? Yeesh--you have to wonder if SC's been told by higher-ups to push his character as hard as the show currently does. You will love Daniel--even if it kills you. Not gonna work on me. Bludgeoning me over the head with a Gary Stu's kewlness just makes me resent him more.
Edited by Romancer66, Nov 12 2013, 11:02 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

I Love Shawn and I really like the character of Daniel.. I hope Shawn sticks around for a long time.. I would love to see my other fav.. Nicole.. and Daniel have a real shot as a couple instead of just a prop for other storylines.. I think they are great together.. :applause:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I generally like Daniel & I like Shawn Christian. I just wish they'd introduce a love interest for him that's JUST for him instead of always shoehorning him into another couple in another storyline. IMO, the character's biggest problem is that they always want to put him with another character where the general desire is to see that character with another pairing or as a spoiler for a pairing that already exists. It hasn't done the character any favors.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

world50

Romancer66
Nov 12 2013, 10:59 AM
JDeveraux_91
Nov 12 2013, 08:56 AM
KMan101
Nov 11 2013, 01:34 PM
God, he sounds as awful as his character does. Blah. Can he please leave?
I have to agree with you. Normally, he comes off as pretty decent and level headed. Not this time! He sounds almost as unbearable as his character.
Isn't Daniel great? Isn't Daniel selfless? Isn't it awesome that Daniel's all over the place crusading to save others from themselves? Isn't it wonderful that he's so intertwined with all these women, like Jennifer, Abigail, Theresa, and Nicole? And that he's providing guidance to his late rival's troubled teenage son, which includes giving pep talks about the dignity of manual labor? Yeesh--you have to wonder if SC's been told by higher-ups to push his character as hard as the show currently does. You will love Daniel--even if it kills you. Not gonna work on me. Bludgeoning me over the head with a Gary Stu's kewlness just makes me resent him more.
The writers have caused us to hate Daniel with a passion.No one likes to have someone shoved down their throat 24/7......who behaves sleezy and we are told he is Mr Wonderful and he can do no wrong.Its like Corday is a dictator who is telling us we HAVE to love Daniel no matter what.What PTB do that?No one really cares a flying fig about Dan and his adventures.And now they will have JJ looking at Daniel with stars in his eyes makes me sick. :redface: :hmmph:

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

There are actually characters I have hated more than Daniel, I just find him supremely annoying and I see no end of it in sight, I feel like DAYS wants to go out with Daniel in the middle of the cast picture with the way they're so freaking determined to make him stick. That makes me more irritable, the sheer hopelessness of this pushing never ending :blulaugh: Ah well. I'm sure SC is just trying to keep his job and sell the product, I really don't care as much about actors as some do though, these days they're just my potential spoiler resources.

world50

DesignatedShelley
Nov 13 2013, 07:41 PM
There are actually characters I have hated more than Daniel, I just find him supremely annoying and I see no end of it in sight, I feel like DAYS wants to go out with Daniel in the middle of the cast picture with the way they're so freaking determined to make him stick. That makes me more irritable, the sheer hopelessness of this pushing never ending :blulaugh: Ah well. I'm sure SC is just trying to keep his job and sell the product, I really don't care as much about actors as some do though, these days they're just my potential spoiler resources.
The thing is everything on this show is Daniel this,Daniel that.....and it is down right irritating to say the least.No one else seems to matter anymore.And now Hope is on the St Daniel/The Fair Jennifer bandwagon asking about Jenn and him.......instead of the other way around.........why wasn't Dan asking Hope where Bo is and how wonderful they are together?Bope were/are a supercouple .....not Dannifer.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Yeah I hear you, Daniel Jonas is this never-ending project and it's laborious to watch.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

If they ever do bring Daniel Jonas' father in Salem, let's make it easy for casting...

Posted Image

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I was thinking about the writing for the Daniel/JJ storyline. It's like Tomsell thought - hey, it'll be just like Hamlet! Except, wouldn't it be cool if instead getting revenge on Claudius for replacing his father, Hamlet/JJ realizes that his father was an awful human being and Claudius/Daniel is wonderful and sexy and his mother's true love! Boy, Hamlet would have been so much better if Shakespeare was as smart as we were! Because if Claudius were Daniel Jonas, the audience would totally cheer for that!

Seriously, I have no beef with Shawn Christian, just the awful, artificial and ridiculous and intrusive writing his character gets.

world50

Honeybees
Nov 17 2013, 03:09 PM
I was thinking about the writing for the Daniel/JJ storyline. It's like Tomsell thought - hey, it'll be just like Hamlet! Except, wouldn't it be cool if instead getting revenge on Claudius for replacing his father, Hamlet/JJ realizes that his father was an awful human being and Claudius/Daniel is wonderful and sexy and his mother's true love! Boy, Hamlet would have been so much better if Shakespeare was as smart as we were! Because if Claudius were Daniel Jonas, the audience would totally cheer for that!

Seriously, I have no beef with Shawn Christian, just the awful, artificial and ridiculous and intrusive writing his character gets.
I mentioned that on another board a couple of months ago.......they do think they are a modern day Shakespeare.....but nothing could be far from the truth.But if that be,I'd like to see them write Daniel as puck......instagating and propping everyone else up in Salem. B-) Now that I would watch!;)
BTW.....do you think Dan would do George Hamilton any justice?lol

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

All the show needs to do with Daniel is simply get him the fuck OUT of Jennifer's orbit PERMANENTLY and get SC some acting lessons.

Problem solved!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply