Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Jen Lilley
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:59 PM (2,306 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Right now Theresa is in the hospital. What’s coming up?
What can I say? I don’t know how to answer this question. I don’t know what I’m really allowed to say. A lot of surprises are coming up. You’re going to see a lot of layers of Theresa that you haven’t seen before. Especially when her parents come to town.

What kind of layers?
Back story. You’re going to start to understand what motivates her. I think some of her demons inside are going to kind of come to the surface. I think there’s an opportunity to see Theresa more as a wounded bird. She’s not a victim by any means. But you’ll understand what drives her and motivates her in life more and more as time goes on.

What kinds of things will happen once she gets out of the hospital?
I can’t say. I don’t think I can give anything. I think you’d have to talk to Ken Corday because I always get in trouble for giving out spoilers. I learned my lesson with the Guy Wilson fiasco!

Theresa’s parents are coming to town in a couple of weeks.
We’ll talk about Charles Shaughnessy first. That’s my favorite show of all time. Even more than I Love Lucy which is my other favorite show. So working with him was really cool and kind of a geek out experience for me. Never in a million years as a girl growing up in Roanoke, Virginia did I think I’d be able to say that Mr. Sheffield was my dad. That was really exciting on a personal level. But then working with Patsy...I mean, Charles Shaughnessy is a fine actor for sure. But there’s something so becoming about Patsy Pease. I just feel emotional even talking about it. I feel like she, like Bradford Anderson on General Hospital, she has a way that she can make eye contact with you in a scene, and she can cut all the way through to the marrow. Like a sword. She’s got this power in her eyes that just brings me to tears. I felt so connected to her. She made me believe that I was Theresa, and she was my mom. She’s so brilliant. I really hope I get to work with her again. She’s so organic and raw and emotionally available and just grounded. She doesn’t overdramatize anything. She’s doesn’t overdo it. She’s not, like, soap opera big. She’s so subtle and real. I hope they bring her back as a permanent character. And Theresa needs some spankings.

Will we ever hear anything about Theresa’s siblings?
I hope so! I know a lot about Eve who is her half-sister obviously. And I know there’s an actor that I really want to play Andrew. I think it would be fun to have siblings. I trust the writers.

Have they been mentioned yet in anything you’ve done?
They haven’t. Something that Patsy, Charlie, and I all talked about was that the bread and butter of Kim and Shane was that they’re good people. They both had mistakes like we all have. No one in life is perfect. Everyone has something in their past that they regret. But at the very base of them, they’re good people. But they have such bad seeds! Eve is horrible! I don’t know about Andrew, but Theresa is...good lord! This is some bad gene mixing.

Is there anyone that you’ve worked with recently that you normally don’t work with?
I’ve really gotten to work the canvas. I feel like there’s very few people at this point that I haven’t worked with.

Anything else at all that you can tell us about what might be coming up?
Lots of sex.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Quote:

. She doesn’t overdramatize anything.

Sitting on my hands. ;)

Good interview!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Jen Lilley has really made me like Theresa, just because I like HER. She sounds lovely and she really seems to appreciate everything that they give her. Love her fangirling over Patsy and Charles.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Loved what she had to say about Patsy and Charles.

Didn't like the 'lots of sex' answer - Something I'm definitely not looking forward to LOL!

blueskies
Member Avatar

"Lots of sex" is what's coming up?? Please don't be with Brady, please don't be with Brady, please don't be with Brady....

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love this girl!

Ellie

Poor kid - sounds like she really was spoken to about the Guy Wilson thing.

Ocean

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 03:49 PM
"Lots of sex" is what's coming up?? Please don't be with Brady, please don't be with Brady, please don't be with Brady....
I hope not that's worried me already, because jen lilly tweeted before Thereasa and brady are working a lot together. That'll make me so angry if they both using drugs and have sex. Please writers don't go with brady and Thereasa .

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Awe,Jenn,I LOVE Charlie too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

Lots of sex got me intrigued.

I wonder if it's just with one person or lots of people since it seems no fans should get comfortable with any couples. Just please not JJ. They have no chemistry. But who else? Daniel is the only other guy that comes to mind. So it's probably JJ.

Can somebody please explain how Theresa and Brady are related?

Pookie
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 11 2013, 05:27 PM

I wonder if it's just with one person or lots of people since it seems no fans should get comfortable with any couples. Just please not JJ. They have no chemistry. But who else? Daniel is the only other guy that comes to mind. So it's probably JJ.

It's probably JJ. Face it, he might have gotten scared shitless when Theresa ODed, but his still a horny teenage boy. If she offers it up again, he'll jump at it.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Quote:

Have they been mentioned yet in anything you’ve done?
They haven’t. Something that Patsy, Charlie, and I all talked about was that the bread and butter of Kim and Shane was that they’re good people. They both had mistakes like we all have. No one in life is perfect. Everyone has something in their past that they regret. But at the very base of them, they’re good people. But they have such bad seeds! Eve is horrible! I don’t know about Andrew, but Theresa is...good lord! This is some bad gene mixing.

Okay, this made me burst out laughing because she is absolutely correct. Although Eve could probably be said to take after her mother (Emma & Gabrielle, whichever one you pick or fanwank into being the real deal. I still refuse to accept Gabrielle, personally. lol)

Keith
Member Avatar

Interesting comments about Patsy, who certainly can overdramatize her scenes. I'm hoping this means that she didn't showcase any of that with JL.

Also, someone tell JL that Eve isn't Kim's. She clearly confused about that in this interview. Glad the question got asked!
Edited by Keith, Nov 11 2013, 06:16 PM.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

michr544125

I actually see a lot of potential for a Theresa/Lucas pairing down the road. If she goes through a relapse period and sleeps around, he's definitely someone who could help her recover. Unfortunately, a fling with Brady is also highly plausible... but I don't see anything serious coming from that.

Either way, JL has won me over. There's a lot of potential with Theresa.

Awinkandasmile

Thanks for the interview! I'm really looking forward to the scenes with her parents. Even more so if it will help give her character some layers. Love what she said about Patsy and Charles!

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

blueskies
I hope not, that would be gross if they go that route since they're blood related :puke:

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Nov 11 2013, 02:11 PM
Jen Lilley has really made me like Theresa, just because I like HER. She sounds lovely and she really seems to appreciate everything that they give her. Love her fangirling over Patsy and Charles.
This.

The Theresa and Anne Show has been a bit pathetic at times, but if they start adding some depth to Theresa as it seems they will, then I'm on board. I'm just glad DAYS gave Jen a job. She deserves it.

SKBaldwin

Pookie
Nov 11 2013, 05:33 PM
michr544125

It's probably JJ. Face it, he might have gotten scared shitless when Theresa ODed, but his still a horny teenage boy. If she offers it up again, he'll jump at it.
Of course he will. I can totally see it.
JJeresa :sex:

hospitalitea

blueskies
Delete comment
Edited by hospitalitea, Nov 19 2013, 08:30 PM.

hospitalitea

As far as Theresa with Brady, I do not want to see that happen. Brady need to work through everything he is addicted to, and come out a smarter better man, not perfect just wiser. As far a Theresa the character, Jen Liley the actress, I find neither interesting of worth caring about, Jen seems to think she should have more say on what occurs in Salem than anyone I have seen. She could be let go, & I think she would have only herself to blame for her unwise decision making.
Sorry for me once you set someone up as something, no amount of changes to the character will ever make me change my mind about them. Not an intervention, No even a visit from Shane & Kim. First impressions are everything! :whee:
Edited by hospitalitea, Nov 20 2013, 04:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply