Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:48 PM (17,591 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

We hear youíre going to be on a lot more than you have been.
Which isnít that much! So I donít know what that tells you.

More than two times a month?
More than two times a month. And multiple storylines, so thatís nice.

What will you be doing?
There are some new characters coming on that Iíll be working with. Some new storylines that theyíll be exploring. Definitely work a lot more with my mom, which I like. I have a little interaction with Sami and EJ. Not overboard. And when the new characters come in, Iíll actually get to work with Rafe some. Which is different.

Any time thereís an increase in your screen time, we automatically think thereís going to be something done with custody of Allie or her paternity.
I would say that was just kind of brushed over lightly. Not really filled in. So, no.

In whatís already aired or whatís to come?
Whatís aired is about the extent of it as far as fighting over the child. I think at this point Sami and Lucas are pretty mature about who they are to each other, so the last thing Lucas wants to do is keep separating family. In that instance it was just about her safety. There were things going on and he worried about her not being safe. Any dad would probably poke his nose in that if he had to. But itís not a card he pulls to use in the future.

What about paternity?
I think thatís always a hook in the water to see if a fish bites. But again. Weíre four months ahead, and that hasnít been an issue.

Thereís a new Will. Tell us about that.
Guy is great. He is a little...heís kind of similar to Chandler in some ways. As people, theyíre pretty similar, but they play the character in totally different ways. Dramatically different. Different pace. Different type of vibe. Both are great. Chandler is Mr. Emmy. Canít touch that guy. But Guy has already made it his own. I think itís like Eric Martsolf. Someone else played the character, but once he took it over, it was his.

Will the dynamic between Lucas and Will change?
A little bit more distant. A little bit more...Iím not as hands on as I had to be. Heís not into as much negativity. Heís going on a good path, so Lucas is hands off and letís him do his own thing.

So you were working a lot at one point. Has that continued?
Yep. Still working steady.

Are you still recurring?
Still on recurring. Which I donít care about as long as Iím being used. I donít need a contract to tell me anything. Although, it does help when you go buy something like a house or a car. You can actually believe that you have a job. So I would say thatís been the hardest thing is not having that just in life. But outside of that I donít care as long as Iím being used. Itís a hard thing to rely on, and you have to take it week by week. Itís kind of like being an out of work actor again because Iím waiting on call times and stuff, but it keeps it fresh and exciting and makes me want to do the best I can each time I go out there. I kind of like the pressure.

Any possibility of a love interest?
Well, well, well. Isnít that a good question? I canít answer that directly, but I can say that the characters coming in might have something to do with that.

Is there anything else youíd like to share?
Weíre not alone in the universe. Thereís definitely aliens out there, and I donít want people to flip out when they come. Thatís all.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 02:48 PM
Is there anything else youíd like to share?
Weíre not alone in the universe. Thereís definitely aliens out there, and I donít want people to flip out when they come. Thatís all.
LMAO!!

BD always has the loosest lips of all the actors re: spoilers. I like that about him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

That last part made me chuckle. :laugh:

I hope Days uses Lucas well, more than the town screamer or Dannifer hater. He's so much more than that.

salempc
Member Avatar

I'm glad we'll be seeing him more. I've managed to talk myself into recording Days again because of it. Last week's episodes took me 5 minutes to watch because I watched just his scenes. Maybe by 2014 I'll be up to 15 minutes.

As for the aliens, well they're already here.

six
Member Avatar

I'm not really thrilled about seeing more of Lucas, but BD seems so nice that I'm glad for him.

I'm surprised that they're going to drop the thread about the custody, though. On one hand, it's nice not to go down that road again but on the other, it would make sense.

Lil
Member Avatar

I really hope that BD's working more often continues...and that the writers catch wind that there's a lot of Lucas fans out there. (Especially with Kate!) He hasn't been on much or had anything by way of s/l, but I've enjoyed pretty much all of his scenes this go-round.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Dissapointed BD is recurring status, but happy he's being used. :cheer: :cheer:

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

I love Bryan. This interview put a nice smile on my face. He's still so funny. I agree that Bryan seems way less guarded in his interviews than the others. Except for maybe John Aniston. They both are much more forth-coming in their interviews. Is it because they're recurring? Don't know if that's the reason, but I sure appreciate their candor. lol

I couldn't be more thrilled that Lute is back in effect. I missed them so much. Those two should be wreaking havoc in business stories. I can't wait to see what they're up to.

I'm also curious about who all these new characters are. We know about Liam and a female characters who's supposed to be played by an ex-ATWT actress. I wonder if those are it; or if there's more of an influx, and what that means for the present and future storylines.

PatNS
Member Avatar

LOL at the last Q&A - Bryan always makes me laugh ... in a good way.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of Lucas.

blueskies
Member Avatar

aliens?? My first thought was a hint at Cassie but of course that's his sister #oops.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 03:31 PM
aliens?? My first thought was a hint at Cassie but of course that's his sister #oops.
Unless the show changes the twins paternity (or in this case, maternity) again and re-writes the re-write. lol I just think Bryan's being facetious, but you never know... :shrug:
Edited by Reese, Nov 11 2013, 04:26 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Oh Bryan :wub2: :wub2:

I love Bryan's interviews....I love that we'll be seeing more of him and although I'd love a contract for him, we all know those mean nothing and only serve as protection for the show not the actor. Maybe if things take off with the new love interest then they'd put him on contract then....but I'm glad he's consistently working and we'll be seeing him from January on....that sounds so good.

Aliens ha Bry? Hmmmm

salempc
Member Avatar

Aliens, doppelgangers, brainchips... they all go together.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

salempc
Nov 11 2013, 03:44 PM
Aliens, doppelgangers, brainchips... they all go together.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ellie

This is the second kind of vague response about Guy Wilson... like talking about him as a person rather than his acting. Hmmm.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

By far my favorite of the interviews! I'm embarrassingly giddy over more Lucas/Kate, but I'm even more excited that Lucas is going to be around new characters. This sounds promising.

Any chance we'll meet his lost fiance?

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 11 2013, 02:54 PM
That last part made me chuckle. :laugh:

I hope Days uses Lucas well, more than the town screamer or Dannifer hater. He's so much more than that.
I'm more than ready to see some old school Lucas. Lute working together so much gives me hope that they will use him well. Can't go wrong with those two...ever!

I love Bryan's sly humor. I hope the writers tap into it some more on the show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

fenderbabe
Nov 11 2013, 04:00 PM
By far my favorite of the interviews! I'm embarrassingly giddy over more Lucas/Kate, but I'm even more excited that Lucas is going to be around new characters. This sounds promising.

Any chance we'll meet his lost fiance?
Always a possibility.....I would just love for somethign to happen romantically for Lucas..it's been so damn long....I'd be so excited to see something new and different.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

:thumbsup: sounds good!... now all I need is some shirtless scenes and him doing some pushups.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah, that was kind unfortunate too. Don't get Luvinglumi started on how the show squandered the sizzling chemistry between Alexis Thorpe (Cassie) and BD. Or maybe we should get her started on that. lol Let it rip, LL. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply