Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:48 PM (17,577 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Ellie
Nov 11 2013, 03:56 PM
This is the second kind of vague response about Guy Wilson... like talking about him as a person rather than his acting. Hmmm.
It's funny you mentioned this because we've seen three actors already compliment Guy, saying he's making the role his own (expected) but then we hear how Freddie has been working with him backstage to get the chemistry right and that worries the hell out of me.....then again, I never thought Wilson's chemistry was explosive...it was nice and blah boring a bit...so maybe it'll be an improvement. I know Chandler has many fans and he made Will his own, but I never really cared for how he portrayed Will
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Reese
Nov 11 2013, 04:07 PM
blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 03:31 PM
aliens?? My first thought was a hint at Cassie but of course that's his sister #oops.
Yeah, that was kind unfortunate too. Don't get Luvinglumi started on how the show squandered the sizzling chemistry between Alexis Thorpe (Cassie) and BD. Or maybe we should get her started on that. lol Let it rip, LL. :laugh:
There more chance they bring recast cassie and keep Kate as her mom than bring Alexis Thorpe as New character or make cassie not Kate child

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 11 2013, 04:06 PM
fenderbabe
Nov 11 2013, 04:00 PM
By far my favorite of the interviews! I'm embarrassingly giddy over more Lucas/Kate, but I'm even more excited that Lucas is going to be around new characters. This sounds promising.

Any chance we'll meet his lost fiance?
Always a possibility.....I would just love for somethign to happen romantically for Lucas..it's been so damn long....I'd be so excited to see something new and different.
It's a shame because Lucas is capable of being such a good partner, for any woman, really. Chloe screwed him over when he was probably at his most genuine and sincere. I would loved to see Lucas put on his devious hat this time around, but not when it comes to love. I think he's evolved from that... and it's time he was with a women where the main conflict wasn't an interloper or some lame-o secret.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Reese
blueskies
aliens?? My first thought was a hint at Cassie but of course that's his sister #oops.
Yeah, that was kind unfortunate too. Don't get Luvinglumi started on how the show squandered the sizzling chemistry between Alexis Thorpe (Cassie) and BD. Or maybe we should get her started on that. lol Let it rip, LL. :laugh:
Ahem...

Dear Days,

If you happen to want to bring the female alien back, can I please ask that you rewrite the maternity switch so that she ISN'T related to Kate....cast her with Alexis Thorpe again and unleash her and Bryan Dattilo....

P.S....she can remain Roman's daughter for obvious reasons..

Please and thank you....and just because I'm being extra helpful to you today, I will remind you of their chemistry using this smoking video clip. Just try to forget that he's her brother....in Lucas' defense he had clue...lol

Luvinglumi

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Partnersincrime
Nov 11 2013, 04:14 PM
Reese
blueskies
There more chance they bring recast cassie and keep Kate as her mom than bring Alexis Thorpe as New character or make cassie not Kate child
Hey don't kill my dream....lol....

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
fenderbabe
By far my favorite of the interviews! I'm embarrassingly giddy over more Lucas/Kate, but I'm even more excited that Lucas is going to be around new characters. This sounds promising.

Always a possibility.....I would just love for somethign to happen romantically for Lucas..it's been so damn long....I'd be so excited to see something new and different.
You know, since this is TomSell, and they don't seem to use anything from the previous writers, other than WilSon, I'm doubtful that we'll ever see or hear of Autumn again. And really, that's alright with me since Lucas obviously didn't love her as much as he thought he did. I'm all for a fresh new relationship untainted by any of Lucas' previous relationships.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 11 2013, 04:19 PM
Partnersincrime
Nov 11 2013, 04:14 PM
Reese
blueskies
Hey don't kill my dream....lol....
They should make cassie not Kate child cassie had sexy dream on Philip running her back and Philp getting close to her she woke telling herself she need stop gave sexy dreams on her brothers
I thought because cassie has dream of on Philip after she find out Kate mom might mean they did not set on stone keep Kate as cassie mom and planed in longer run to find someone else is cassie mom but instead they killed her and stuck her on island and go upstairs and never comes back

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Reese
Nov 11 2013, 04:21 PM
LuvingLumi
fenderbabe

You know, since this is TomSell, and they don't seem to use anything from the previous writers, other than WilSon, I'm doubtful that we'll ever see or hear of Autumn again. And really, that's alright with me since Lucas obviously didn't love her as much as he thought he did. I'm all for a fresh new relationship untainted by any of Lucas' previous relationships.
Yeah, I've said this before, but Lucas discarded her like trash....and if she returns I don';t want her tripping over himself to be with her...if anything, I would love for these writers to introduce a new character for him....sort of like they are doing with Jordan and Rafe....maybe this person had dealings with Countess W when it was run by Kate...and that is how she comes into teh fold....who knows...but Autumn IMHO would be a bad choice....although if they do have her come on, i'm sure I would be delighted initially, anything for Lucas to get a story,a love interest and more airtime.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Nov 11 2013, 04:18 PM
Reese
blueskies
Ahem...

Dear Days,

If you happen to want to bring the female alien back, can I please ask that you rewrite the maternity switch so that she ISN'T related to Kate....cast her with Alexis Thorpe again and unleash her and Bryan Dattilo....

P.S....she can remain Roman's daughter for obvious reasons..

Please and thank you....and just because I'm being extra helpful to you today, I will remind you of their chemistry using this smoking video clip. Just try to forget that he's her brother....in Lucas' defense he had clue...lol

Luvinglumi
:applause: Great job, LL. Man, they really did have some smoking chemistry. I'd love something like that for Lucas present day. And you know, if they did bring Autumn on, I'd like her to played by the Asian actress who played Sophie at the Cheatin' Heart.

I thought Lucas and she were really hot together too. I'm just so excited at having more Lucas and the prospect of him getting a romance. It really has been so long.

elci525
Member Avatar

Oh Bryan Bryan Bryan :wub2: :wub:

Bah I have missed you more on my screen!! Thanks for posting this interview - it's the interview I've been most (or solely) eagerly anticipating, with bated breath, so it's my clear favorite so far. Such a relaxed, honest, even slightly sardonic interview. love!!!!!

I am glad to hear Bryan is working steadily but it is most disappointing he is still only recurring status - I really have no idea why. WHY?!?!!?!? I am also surprised that the Allie custody story was dropped after a blink - I guess it DID just come and go. What was the point of it? I really do not understand. The conspiracist and negative nelly and general hater thinks it was to solidify the EJ and Sami family unit and keep Lucas even MORE on the fringe - like there ain't no touching that family. Which of course makes me sad. As much as AS aggravates me and I can find very little about Sami that is likable anymore, I live and breathe hoping for interactions with Lucas and Sami that last for more than five seconds. After all these years and the heartbreak and the disappointment and the mess that were the few months before and after the Daysaster, I still want to see them in stories together. Guess that just isn't happening ever. EVER. I usually don't agree with six on much, lol, but I do agree that why not explore the custody route if it was even hinted at? I would not mind going down that road - I really enjoy parallel storylines that take place between the same characters but at very different times, in different contexts. Storylines like that have such potential to draw out some really interesting and productive comparisons, serve as a measure stick to gauge how far (or not) the characters have come, have the potential to tie history into a current story (which is always a good thing imo), etc. I am disappointed.

But, if all Lucas is defined by is his relationship with Sami - as Sami's sort-of friend or kinda co-parent maybe, well there is no water in that well for the time being, so the story opportunities for Lucas are null. Which I am, of course, NOT OK WITH. So whatever this is about a new love interest for Lucas maybe? That has me uber curious and giddy and is something I can fully support ;)

Is it possible for Lucas to be more distant from Will? Sigh.....

And we all know about the aliens, Bry :) Have I introduced you to my favorite time lord, for example?

Thanks so much for posting this interview!!!

Edited by elci525, Nov 12 2013, 01:44 AM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Nov 11 2013, 04:29 PM
Reese
LuvingLumi
fenderbabe

Yeah, I've said this before, but Lucas discarded her like trash....and if she returns I don';t want her tripping over himself to be with her...if anything, I would love for these writers to introduce a new character for him....sort of like they are doing with Jordan and Rafe....maybe this person had dealings with Countess W when it was run by Kate...and that is how she comes into teh fold....who knows...but Autumn IMHO would be a bad choice....although if they do have her come on, i'm sure I would be delighted initially, anything for Lucas to get a story,a love interest and more airtime.
I think you so eloquently said something along the lines of "Lucas neglecting Autumn which led to her dumping him because he decided to sniff Sami's butt some more." I all but died laughing at that while concurring completely. Autumn would be a last resort.

It be a great idea to have Lucas' romance emerge from an adversarial business relationship. I could truly get on board with that. I like that dynamic, and I think that would be different from anything their doing on the show. Bring a different energy.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Reese
LuvingLumi
fenderbabe

See, I didn't pay attention to how Autumn was explained away, only that Lucas had supposedly found someone in Hong Kong.

Actually, instead of seeing someone specifically brought on the show for him (that can become too contrived, which Rafe/Jordan are in danger of with these cookie flashbacks), I'd like to see Lucas swim in the dating pool. Let's see him casually with a few different women, just being a single guy. Remember Sophie? Plus, there's a good chance Jordan will get mixed up with Lucas romantically; Kate already dislikes her, so it's pretty much written in the stars.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Reese
Nov 11 2013, 04:42 PM
LuvingLumi
Reese
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think you so eloquently said something along the lines of "Lucas neglecting Autumn which led to her dumping him because he decided to sniff Sami's butt some more." I all but died laughing at that while concurring completely. Autumn would be a last resort.

It be a great idea to have Lucas' romance emerge from an adversarial business relationship. I could truly get on board with that. I like that dynamic, and I think that would be different from anything their doing on the show. Bring a different energy.
Yeah...it was really this simple:

Lucas is engaged and supposedly happy in HK
Sami calls and he teleports virtually within 16 hours to Salem from HK
Lucas breaks the news to Sami that he's engaged, after telling Sami he still loves her (Sami)
Lucas continues to drop Autumn's name, make phone calls, call her honey and sweetheart, tell her he can't wait to return to her.
Lucas calls Sami out on her feelings for Ej
Sami tells Lucas he's wrong and that the unresolved feelings she has are for him
Lucas decides to leave in a hurry back to HK, calls Autumn and tells her he's on his way...
Sami cancels his flight
Lucas finds out and is sorta happy, not really pissed....
Lucas decides to call Autumn and tell him plans changed and he'll be staying in Salem a little longer, but will be home soon
Sami offers Lucas a job, he says she's nuts
Autumn calls off engagement and dumps Lucas
Lucas takes the job offer from Sami
Lucas kisses Sami
Lucas sleeps with Sami

lol....yeah...it was obvious that Autumn was really a non entity for Lucas.....

daysmemories
Member Avatar

BDs interviews are such a joy to read. More Lucas sounds great. And I like the sound of working with new characters. It will be nice to see Lucas back to himself instead of written like the loser so others can "try" to outshine him.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love him & Lucas. So glad he will be seen more!

michr544125

Great interview! I really really hope Days gives him a love interest. Maybe I'm taking it wrong but it sounds like they may be testing him with a few different women?

I'm glad we will be seeing Lucas at least more than a couple times a month, even if it doesn't sound like he will be seeing all that much either.

I'm not seeing the Guy comments quite like all of you. Maybe some actors were very tight with Chandler and didn't like how he was given his exit and maybe don't want to feel they are slighting him? And the chemistry thing between Freddie and Guy, I just take it as Freddie and Guy have been hanging out off set. I honestly don't see how the chemistry can be any more brother like/buddy like than what Chandler and Freddie have now become together. I don't get though why they'd bring in a new Will and not have him interact with more with Lucas?
Edited by michr544125, Nov 11 2013, 05:28 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

fenderbabe
Nov 11 2013, 04:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Reese
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
See, I didn't pay attention to how Autumn was explained away, only that Lucas had supposedly found someone in Hong Kong.

Actually, instead of seeing someone specifically brought on the show for him (that can become too contrived, which Rafe/Jordan are in danger of with these cookie flashbacks), I'd like to see Lucas swim in the dating pool. Let's see him casually with a few different women, just being a single guy. Remember Sophie? Plus, there's a good chance Jordan will get mixed up with Lucas romantically; Kate already dislikes her, so it's pretty much written in the stars.
I'd like to Lucas dating casually for a while incorporated into his storylines. He used to be quite the ladies man and player back in the day. Not that I want to see him in total player mode now he's older and has matured. I don't want him to lose that, but I think seeing him on the dating scene for a while would be the best segue into a romance.

And yes, I most definitely remember Sophie. lol

elci525
Member Avatar

Quote:

I don't get though why they'd bring in a new Will and not have him interact with more with Lucas.

Good question! Guy's Will has not even half the angst of Chandler's, so he doesn't require parental guidance? Sounds iffy to me.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Rex & Cassie should've been Anna's secret twins with Tony that she'd had hidden away to protect them from Stefano.

elci525
Member Avatar

also, more Kate and Lucas makes me staggeringly and sloppily happy ;) Very excited to see what's coming up next!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply