Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:48 PM (17,806 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 02:50 PM
So Jason...do you like cookies? Candy? Or cake maybe??
:popcorn:

Hmmm...cookies I guess are the best, but a piece of cake never hurts once in awhile!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jason can you tell us if it's a completely new character?

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 16 2013, 01:29 AM
LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2013, 02:50 PM
So Jason...do you like cookies? Candy? Or cake maybe??
:popcorn:

Hmmm...cookies I guess are the best, but a piece of cake never hurts once in awhile!

how about both you know you wanna
Posted ImagePosted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Koslow wasn’t the only one expressing excitement over an upcoming storyline. Her on-screen Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), tells us “Characters that haven’t been on will be introduced and will help [Lucas’] future.”

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/11/day-days-interview-lauren-koslow-teases-new-storyline-kate-sami/
Michael Fairman video interview with Eric Marsolf and bryan dattilo

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/eric-martsolf-and-bryan-dattilo-interview-day-of-days-2013/2013/11/14/

from sod
Quote:

who he's worked with that makes him laugh the most
Bryan R. Dattilo (Lucas, DAYS)
“Eric Martsolf. I love working with him because he’s hilarious.
Eric’s very funny
since neiter bryan and eric never really work with eachother other i consider that part whatever lucas new storyline brady is in it

DOOLette
Member Avatar

How about pairing Abe & Kayla already?
:::pacing back and forth:::

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Partnersincrime
Nov 17 2013, 06:19 AM
Koslow wasn’t the only one expressing excitement over an upcoming storyline. Her on-screen Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), tells us “Characters that haven’t been on will be introduced and will help [Lucas’] future.”

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/11/day-days-interview-lauren-koslow-teases-new-storyline-kate-sami/

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/eric-martsolf-and-bryan-dattilo-interview-day-of-days-2013/2013/11/14/

from sod
Quote:

Eric’s very funny
since neiter bryan and eric never really work with eachother other i consider that part whatever lucas new storyline brady is in it
It could also be the addiction stuff... Lucas could have been helping him with that

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Nov 17 2013, 09:04 AM
Partnersincrime
Nov 17 2013, 06:19 AM

from sod
Quote:

Eric’s very funny
It could also be the addiction stuff... Lucas could have been helping him with that
In another thread here or on another board, a poster speculated that John may be a Horton. If so, it could explain SSH (Julie) increased filming with more down the pipe as she stated in a MF interview. And that would make Lucas and Brady related. I know they have a relative in common already with Philip being Lucas' half-brother, but this would relate them much more closely.

I'd love it, honestly. Philip isn't on canvas, and Lucas needs a good sounding board in his absence. And it is a possibility that Lucas will perhaps help and bond with Brady during his addiction troubles which goes beyond substances including sex and instantly falling in love/lust/infatuation.

After all, while they have the alcohol addiction in common, Lucas has also hasn't fared that well when it comes to his love life. Seemingly that brass ring, like with Brady, has eluded him thus far, and while hopefully that's about to change, I think that's something he could also relate to with Brady in a way that Maggie, who'll be helping Brady as possibly his AA sponsor and who had the happy and mostly solid marriage, can't.

I think it could be the start of a beautiful bromance. BD and EM seem very comfortable with each other and seem to have the chemistry needed if the show goes down either path.

Edited by Reese, Nov 17 2013, 03:24 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

If John is a Horton, then that means that Belle is married to her cousin.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Casey
Nov 17 2013, 03:14 PM

It's been done before with some pretty popular and iconic soap characters (notably Larry and Karen). So that doesn't necessarily preclude John from being a Horton if the show desires to go that route. Shelle would be in good company.

ETA: That last unidentified quote is Matt's.

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 06:24 PM
Matt
Nov 11 2013, 06:09 PM
six
Nov 11 2013, 05:54 PM
Has a soap ever done that before? ETA - this is about blood related pairings.

And as long as Brady is taking John's women, I'm going to put in my weekly request for Krady.
Well, Jonathan & Tammy on Guiding Light were 1/2 1st cousins. Larry & Karen Wolek on OLTL were cousins (Karen Wolek's maiden & married names were both Wolek). Jimmy Lee Holt & Celia Quartermaine on GH were a hot couple in the 80s and they were cousins. I'm sure I'm missing a ton more somewhere. This "cousins being in love is icky" thing is really a fairly recent attitude from the last couple of decades, I think.
Are these people who knew they were cousins?

I mean, I can think of some couples who did not know they were related (or one did and didn't tell the other one) but I think that's it. Granted my history of soaps knowledge is not as deep.
Quote:

Oh, yeah. Each of those 3, at least, knew they were cousins. Hell, Karen Wolek was 1st introduced on the show as a Wolek cousin with her sister Jenny. Celia was a Quartermaine cousin & Jimmy Lee wsa revealed to be Edward Quartermaine's son. They still got together. Tammy's mother & Jonathan's mother were 1/2 sisters.

Edited by Reese, Nov 17 2013, 04:10 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

^ Well, I guess it depends on how far apart they are as cousins as well. I don't know. If they do go there and make John a Horton, I hope there is at least some level of believability as to who the mother/father turn out to be. There is no way I am going to buy someone like Alice having a secret love child. Lol.

:lol:

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Me neither. But thankfully, I doubt the show would ever go there. :) Anyway, in my original post, I'm mentioned interest in John's being a Horton for the purpose of this thread: how it could impact on Lucas' future and place on the canvas. Spoilers have mentioned that for January Lucas is embroiled in family matters, and we also know that Julie might be involved since SSH has also been working fairly steadily. It might add up to something entirely different, but I thought this was also a possibility worth mentioning.
Edited by Reese, Nov 17 2013, 04:06 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Casey
Well phelle is hotter than shelle if they keep Martha as belle and Jay as Philip

I think they Brady and lucas will something to do with titan

JillianJ

Forget Shelle, how many times has John slept with Hope.

What January spoilers do we have BTW?
Edited by JillianJ, Nov 17 2013, 04:11 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Partnersincrime
Nov 17 2013, 04:09 PM
Casey
Well phelle is hotter than shelle if they keep Martha as belle and Jay as Philip

I think they Brady and lucas will something to do with titan
I'm hoping this is a part of it. Are you thinking that Victor might ask Lucas to run Titan in Brady's stead since he's supposed to spiral down in his addictions? I think that would play into BD's OutTakes interview comment.

OUTTAKES: If you could control where the storyline would go, what kind of storyline would you like to see happen for Lucas?

BD: I thought Lucas was always at his best at a corporate setting where he was on the business end of things. Kind of wheeling and dealing and being the big shot that he's always wanted to be.

He could just be talking about Mad World, or helping Kate get back her company, CW. But being Titan's CEO or COO, and actually seeing him operate in that title (like we never see Brady) is a possibility. I love all these possibilities for Lucas. It's intoxicating. :wub2:
Edited by Reese, Nov 17 2013, 04:31 PM.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

I love me some Lucas. I'm glad he's going to be used more. I'll take him over Dan and Rafe any day.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Nov 17 2013, 04:10 PM
Forget Shelle, how many times has John slept with Hope.

What January spoilers do we have BTW?
One we knew on-screen the subsex.I think the rest of times was Gina and John flashbacks

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I would absolutely love to see Lucas back at work at Titan, it would feel like the late 90s again.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

JtSmarts
Nov 17 2013, 06:23 PM
I would absolutely love to see Lucas back at work at Titan, it would feel like the late 90s again.
It would, and maybe that's what they're going for. I personally loved the Kiriakis and Roberts/Horton combination. I loved all the scheming with and then against each other. I still think that Kate is more suited to Victor, and wish the show would put them back together if for no other reason than to have old scheming Victor back on the regular. And Victor is still the main father figure to Lucas. With Sonny now with Will, I could see Victor maybe using Lucas to get Sonny to come on board. That might be down the line, but it would bring the whole thing full circle.

Once again, so many possibilities.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives: Bryan Dattilo "Lucas" and Eric Martsolf "Brady" TV Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huAmdAjDLGo

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow so Lucas is getting a love interest...BEST thing I have read on this board all day.

And hell no to Mackenzie Westmore...she SUCKS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply