Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
November Sweeps Promo 2013; Shown at "Day of Days" Event
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 06:10 PM (3,101 Views)
etfan1

November DAYS
Karma's a bitch and she's coming to Salem in November!

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/november-days/n43059/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HetxgS2huo
Edited by etfan1, Nov 11 2013, 08:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Thanks! Finally, a clear version of it. Poor Eric! GV's got skill, he's got that single tear rolling down his cheek down pat.

And to those holding onto to the flimsy hope that wasn't Nick trying to rape Gabi, sorry, IT IS.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Looks like we get some serous family scenes - Shane, Kim, Theresa, Caroline, Kayla, Roman, AND Hope (who's 85% hiding behind Roman in the cap).

(I'm still holding out hope that Shane & Kim don't just spend their 3 episodes focused on Theresa, but that they have a scene or two, at least, talking about something else.)

Pookie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 11 2013, 06:24 PM
Posted Image

Looks like we get some serous family scenes - Shane, Kim, Theresa, Caroline, Kayla, Roman, AND Hope (who's 85% hiding behind Roman in the cap).

(I'm still holding out hope that Shane & Kim don't just spend their 3 episodes focused on Theresa, but that they have a scene or two, at least, talking about something else.)
Looks like a family intervention.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Pookie
Nov 11 2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks! Finally, a clear version of it. Poor Eric! GV's got skill, he's got that single tear rolling down his cheek down pat.

And to those holding onto to the flimsy hope that wasn't Nick trying to rape Gabi, sorry, IT IS.
OMG Eric. And Ericole. GV is just amazing. :'(

elci525
Member Avatar

Oohhh very interesting. Isn't that how Nick killed whatshername...Willow? Did he killer her? I just remember there being a beach and a rock involved.

So excited to see Kim and Shane!!!!!
Edited by elci525, Nov 11 2013, 06:47 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Love this promo! That single teardrop from Eric's face!!!!

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

You know...when it's not on a big screen with an audience, that's really a pretty rotten promo. The content is fine, but the way it's put together is pretty dull.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Well, shit. I'm going to miss Blake Berris. Sure, Nick has a history of obsessing over women, but raping Gabi is too much for me to handle. WHY does that have to be his sendoff??

outrageous
Member Avatar

Well it looks like EJ faces up. Good for him.
Maybe we can really start Ericole romantically now, it's been long enough... And kudos to Nicole for not forgiving him right away. Eric should have known that Nicole would never do that to him. Time for him to suck up big time.
I don't really care about Maggie and Victor...
and finally, why is this show so obsessed with rape????

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Die Kristen die.

Nick,you sick pervert.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Nick! WTF??

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Eh, I don't like this promo. I feel like they did much better in previous years, this didn't excite me at all. I honestly thought it couldn't get worse than Nick being railroaded off canvas the last time whilst becoming insanely obsessed with Melanie, yet they sort of made an interesting story out if it when he returned . . . only to repeat the same crap with Gabi? Why?

It is nice to see Shane and Kim, though!

Pookie
Member Avatar

I don't like the character of Nick. But Blake is an amazing actor. I think it is in his best interest to be allowed to soar outside of the soap opera world.

elci525
Member Avatar

Pookie
Nov 11 2013, 07:24 PM
I don't like the character of Nick. But Blake is an amazing actor. I think it is in his best interest to be allowed to soar outside of the soap opera world.
He's been on Breaking Bad, so...yeah, Breaking Bad ;) I adore Blake and will follow him wherever he goes. I do really like the character of Nick though even in his current incarnation, so I am not too thrilled with his being shuffled off canvas. But most of my fondness for the character really just has to do with BB, so, yeah, better he escape the storyline he's been stuck in.
Edited by elci525, Nov 11 2013, 07:36 PM.

Romancer66

I have no investment in the character of Nick, but from the sound of it, BB was one of the more capable younger actors and there were several directions in which they could have taken the character after the prison rape reveal, including a redemption arc of the kind the show used to tell reasonably well. So it's disappointing, though not surprising, that this regime went for the shallowest, most predictable, most obvious route of having him revert to being a creepy, obsessed stalker of a woman who doesn't return his feelings. Why did they even bother having Nick and Gabi dissolve their marriage in the first place?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2013, 06:53 PM
You know...when it's not on a big screen with an audience, that's really a pretty rotten promo. The content is fine, but the way it's put together is pretty dull.
I was thinking the same thing. The promo made the stories actually appear LESS dramatic than they actually are.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LastLicks
Nov 11 2013, 07:15 PM
Eh, I don't like this promo. I feel like they did much better in previous years, this didn't excite me at all. I honestly thought it couldn't get worse than Nick being railroaded off canvas the last time whilst becoming insanely obsessed with Melanie, yet they sort of made an interesting story out if it when he returned . . . only to repeat the same crap with Gabi? Why?

It is nice to see Shane and Kim, though!
my biggest issue with this promo is that the first minute focuses on what happens this week in terms of the wedding disaster fallout, and leaves the other minute to try to sum up everything else that's going on in Salem for the rest of the week. The ones in previous years seemed (at least from what I remember about them) to be more balanced and give a better overview of what's to come.

Nate
Member Avatar

YOUTUBE VERSION:

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 11 2013, 07:36 PM
lysie
Nov 11 2013, 06:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The promo made the stories actually appear LESS dramatic than they actually are.
I agree. I wish NBC would have hired the person at SoapNET who did the "Everyone's Dark Side" trailer. That seemed more like a sweeps promo than this snoozefest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9gIwxstYI
Edited by Sable Colby, Nov 11 2013, 07:44 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply