Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Logan interview with Ron Carlivati
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 09:20 PM (926 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Michael Logan TV Guide Interview Ron Carlivati
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Good Interview...But IMO Franco shouldn't to be tied to any legacy characters. Pointless Nonsense. A total history rewrite.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 11 2013, 09:42 PM.

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

That was a great interview. I enjoyed the insight from the Head Writer of a show I'm really enjoying right now. Thanks for sharing.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't think he manages the canvas as well as he could, but this definitely makes it seem like any problems are more happenstance than malice.

It is a shame that they didn't make better use of Laura if her stay was so proscribed from the start. It makes sense with Genie's comments, though -- all along she said it was a visit for the 50th anniversary.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 12 2013, 02:14 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love this man. When he's bad, he's bad. But when he's good, it makes up for every bad decision made.

Anon

DrewHamilton
Nov 12 2013, 10:24 AM
I love this man. When he's bad, he's bad. But when he's good, it makes up for every bad decision made.
Errrr, ok. So you think he's made up for Kiki, Franco and Silas yet? He would have to make about a million good decisions to make up for those three horrible ones.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
I have such a strong love/hate thing with Carlivati, he has produced some of my favorite soap moments but also some of my least favorite.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I think he could improve his writing style. Some stories have dragged on for months to the point were viewers don't care to watch anymore of FF(anything related to Franco et al., Sonny et al., and Kiki et al).

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Quote:

TV Guide Magazine: Unless you're a Genie Francis fan. They're having cows because she disappeared from the show. Ditto with Sean Kanan's following. The Rebecca Herbst fans are steamed because she hasn't had a storyline in ages.
Carlivati: What's the point of seeing your favorites if they're not doing something crucial and interesting? Why not let someone else have the spotlight? Now we have a bunch of folks who are not on contract and they can pop in and out when we need them. It has allowed us to broaden our canvas of characters and pull from so many different eras of the show. But, yeah, it is no-win. People will complain because Anna doesn't have much to do. I'll say, 'Hang on, she's got a big story coming." But, then it's never like "Great! Thanks!" It's, "Well, then, what about Liz?" [Laughs] You can't win!

TV Guide Magazine: Well, what about Liz? What do you want to say to Herbst's fanbase?
Carlivati: I never watch a show just for a character or a couple. I watch it for the story, but I understand that's just my way of appreciating a show. There are people who are watching just for Liz. Sadly, you're putting yourself in a difficult situation if you're watching GH that way because you'll end up disappointed. Liz becomes very important as the Sabrina-Patrick wedding draws closer, and she'll figure in the A.J. trial, which will start soon. I'm sorry people are disappointed when their favorite is not in story. You can't please everybody.

Looks like another writer isn't going to write for Liz.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

He's good and bad. The bad decisions include (1) the handling of the ONE LIFE 3 and bringing 'em back as Kiki, Silas & Franco, imho, all 3 fail (2) the axing of legacy character Steven Lars Webber played by Scott Reeves (if they didn't like Reeves, they could've re-cast) (3) saying ONE LIFE's Tomas Delgado may be Alcazar!!!??? (4) Killing off Cole & Hope Thornhart, (5) Killing off Tea & Victor's baby, Victor Jr (5) Killing off Connie, (6) Bringing back AJ from the dead, making his character a helluva lot better then ruining the character again (7) having Michael like AJ & Sonny (8) spoiled brat Morgan is being written stupidly, joining forces with the Jeromes? WTF??! (8) The handling of Genie Francis(Laura) (9) Forcing Sabrina & Felix down our throats (10) the quicky setting a wedding date of Sabrina & Patrick....and on & on.

Good decisions, mainly bringing back faves and usually a well rounded featuring of characters.

He's like Connie/Kate. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes what the fuck?!?!?
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Nov 12 2013, 06:28 PM.

paul89

can he write for Days too ? like what james did in the pass for Days and Passions at the same time as head writer

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Anon
Nov 12 2013, 01:04 PM
DrewHamilton
Errrr, ok. So you think he's made up for Kiki, Franco and Silas yet? He would have to make about a million good decisions to make up for those three horrible ones.
Eh. I don't really mind Silas. Easton's chemistry with Monaco makes up for the ill-conceived character. I would like to see him interacting more with Rafe. And I do like the interactions we've been getting with Silas and Kiki. I've never been a fan of Alderson. Starr or Kiki. I am in love with this Jerome storyline, so that's kind of making me stomach Kiki since she's part of that family. Like Silas, I would like to see Kiki interacting more with her cousin Rafe.

As for Franco, he's just a train wreck. I can't get behind his pairing with Carly, despite Howarth's chemistry with Wright. And connecting him to Scott Baldwin and Heather Webber as their son isn't really doing it either.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

^I couldn't agree more with those takes on Silas/Kiki/Franco. I did enjoy the drama and trainwreck of the art gallery reveal with Heather, but I don't know where Franco can possibly go from here and how long it will take them to cut bait.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 12 2013, 09:04 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Same. If everything he did for the rest of his run was completely rotten, it would still be worth it for eliminating the scum that had been plaguing Port Charles for the past ten+ years and yes, Jill and Steve, am talking about both of yas! :poof:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply