Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Drake Hogestyn
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 12:38 AM (3,424 Views)
thepadange

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 04:58 AM
Laufeyson
Nov 11 2013, 01:51 AM
Kriss4
Nov 11 2013, 01:50 AM
Laufeyson
Nov 11 2013, 01:41 AM
I do not think John wanted Kristen at all.
That's not what it sounded like when he talked to Marlena outside the pub.
He was trying to sell his stupid plot not only to convince Marlena but Kristen. It was all an act.
Then he needs to tell her that. I am still waiting for John's explanation on his "feelings" for Kristen. Because I was led to believe by ALL OTHER headwriting regimes that he couldn't have given less of a shit about her for around 18 years. Was he just bullshitting Marlena outside the pub? Or not?

Sounds to me that Drake is trying to rewrite a rewrite.

I want answers from John. It needs to be clarified and fixed.
I could agree it was all act to convince Kristen he is interested in her but only to the point his plan was still on course. The conversation outside the pub happened after his plan blew up in his face so there was no more need to act. He knew Kristen knows the truth. Idk how they will explain this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 04:58 AM
Laufeyson
Kriss4
Nov 11 2013, 01:50 AM
Laufeyson
That's not what it sounded like when he talked to Marlena outside the pub.
He was trying to sell his stupid plot not only to convince Marlena but Kristen. It was all an act.
Then he needs to tell her that. I am still waiting for John's explanation on his "feelings" for Kristen. Because I was led to believe by ALL OTHER headwriting regimes that he couldn't have given less of a shit about her for around 18 years. Was he just bullshitting Marlena outside the pub? Or not?

Sounds to me that Drake is trying to rewrite a rewrite.

I want answers from John. It needs to be clarified and fixed.
This is not entirely a bad thing. It's not like the writing was Pulitzer prize writing.

Perhaps John was just too proud to admit he was wrong.
Edited by Laufeyson, Nov 11 2013, 07:50 AM.

metitle
Member Avatar

Jason47
lysie
Nov 11 2013, 12:38 AM
Are you on contract or recurring?
Yes, contract. But you know...a contractís a contract. I just take it day by day.

That's always been Drake's philosophy. He knows it's only 13 weeks at a time, nothing else is guaranteed!
Is that the norm for most of the actors on the show?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I hope that during those nine months, Drake took a refresher acting course because he was... um... not good. At all. In the months leading up to his exit.

chinkybig

I am still on the fence about this. If he still going to go around beating Marlena about the Brady-Kristen fiasco, he needs to be smacked in the head with a mirror. Sarcasm or not, I think he just should have stayed in Benghazi if he's not on his knees all the way to Salem asking for Marlena's forgiveness.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 11 2013, 08:34 AM
I hope that during those nine months, Drake took a refresher acting course because he was... um... not good. At all. In the months leading up to his exit.
He honestly wouldn't be the only one, if he hasn't.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

I don't get the whole "on his knees, begging and groveling" thing. No doubt John was written as a class A schmuck last year and that shouldn't be swept under the rug. J&M have issues to work through, no doubt. Marlena has every reason in the world to be hurt and angry. But I don't need to see John completely emasculated to prove he was wrong or that he loves Marlena. True there might be an immediate gratification/vindication in that, but what about after the dust settles. Who wants a weak man? Why bother to bring John back to town if the writers are just going to swing the pendulum of character destruction 180 in the opposite direction? Thanks, but no thanks.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I want them both to own what they did - he was clearly being a class-A jackass, but Marlena should have never taken Kristen's bait with that remark about "If Brady is in my bed, John won't be"...she walked right in to that and should have not only told Kristen off, but told John what she'd said. They both need to re-evaluate what they did & while he's a helluva lot more responsible for it all, Marlena sure bought in to everything Kristen told her - and that's hella out of character for her as well. I don't want this resolved over the course of a month, but I do hope they don't drag this out for more than 6-8 months tops...watching J&M fight is one thing, but watching their relationship fall apart for the likes of Kritter, esecially after everything else they've been through was heartwrenching.

--sigh--

I know there's no easy fix to any of this, but I refuse to hold the actors & actresses responsible for the disasterous hackings of Gary Tomlin. They need to get Sheri Anderson back - maybe she could make sense of all this. JMO.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Reese
Nov 11 2013, 01:22 AM
Interesting take on things. Not sure how Marlena's inadvertent bumbling (at the wedding) in anyway mitigates John's ill-conceived plan to out Kristen, but I guess we'll see. Glad Drake's back so all of these issues can be addressed.
That's what I'm hopeful for. I really want them to deal with those issues. John & Marlena are not Bo and Hope, or Jack and Jennifer. Their problems as a married couple didn't stem from insecurity in each other's love, or each other's behavior. Once they were together, they were committed, and together. They were apart and best friends for years, but when they were together, they were together for good. Outside sources tried (Roman, Eric, Sami, Gina, Brady, Tony, Alex), but they were never not fully committed to each other and completely in love with each other. That's why the last year was so out of character. That just wasn't John, as Drake said. And so it should be addressed, and dealt with. John & Marlena used to fight and bicker, but without getting nasty. This time, just let them be a little gritty and down - because they love each other, they just disagree/hate what the other person did. Although, I'm not sure how John will justify what HE did while loathing what Marlena did (slash... was forced to do). Does John even know that Victor set her up to do that? And I'm glad Marlena will actually say that he "has no part in this", because he left. He sort of gave up his right to have an opinion on that when he just abandoned her, with their son in the middle of an accident waiting to happen. She at least didn't make plans to screw somebody else or kill somebody else. She set out to prove what was right.

AFaithL

I don't want him groveling ---- I want him fixing the history. I want him stating the truth of his history. And I want him taking back the LIE that he has "unresolved feelings" or an "unresolved attraction" towards Kristen.

Doing something stupid to save his son is one thing. His conversation outside the pub where said that "some deep, dark part of him still has feelings for Kristen" and that's why he could go through with it, is another. That's where the rewritten history comes in, and that's what needs to be repudiated with historically accurate truth.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I'm happy to have Drake back ... John is integral to the show. I'm really hoping that this time they write him in character ... that's all I can ask for.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Thanks! I don't blame him one bit for having great difficulty playing against his character with what these writers wrote. It was WRONG, stupid and LAZY! And sadly I don't trust them to FIX it. It sounds like they are already getting it wrong by having John come back and running scared from seeing Marlena and giving her ANY flack for what happened at the wedding. I'm already pissed at this..... :flipoff:

Brewster
Member Avatar

I hope he has news about Bo for Hope that will allow her to be free of him. It breaks my heart, but it isn't fair to Hope/KA to keep her locked down to an off screen husband if PR is never coming back.

I hope that is the core extent of the John/Hope stuff and they don't go bonding or commiserating because shudder and yuck.

This sounds like a bizarre return and I guess on some level, I am happy Drake is coming back. Mainly because he is staple. But he better bring his A-game because the H-game he had this last go round was underwhelming at best.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
I don't either. He didn't say he wanted her, he said there were feelings. Didn't specify what kind either.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

GatesRhiannon
Nov 11 2013, 09:21 AM
I don't get the whole "on his knees, begging and groveling" thing. No doubt John was written as a class A schmuck last year and that shouldn't be swept under the rug. J&M have issues to work through, no doubt. Marlena has every reason in the world to be hurt and angry. But I don't need to see John completely emasculated to prove he was wrong or that he loves Marlena. True there might be an immediate gratification/vindication in that, but what about after the dust settles. Who wants a weak man? Why bother to bring John back to town if the writers are just going to swing the pendulum of character destruction 180 in the opposite direction? Thanks, but no thanks.
I need him to explain, I need him to court her and make some big freaking declaration that he wants her back and he's going to get her back - just watch... then I want her to fight him.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 11 2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks! I don't blame him one bit for having great difficulty playing against his character with what these writers wrote. It was WRONG, stupid and LAZY! And sadly I don't trust them to FIX it. It sounds like they are already getting it wrong by having John come back and running scared from seeing Marlena and giving her ANY flack for what happened at the wedding. I'm already pissed at this..... :flipoff:
Right. Seriously, how is this her fault? How is he going to explain how it's her fault? He was going to ruin their marriage to hurt Brady enough so he'd dump Kristen. Marlena found a way that proved everything Kristen's done. Brady would be hurt momentarily, yes, but he'll live and he'll be happy to know the truth. Anything other than that is out of her control.
Edited by The Room Stops, Nov 11 2013, 10:39 AM.

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

Matt
Nov 11 2013, 08:34 AM
I'm going to attest that to the fact that he was probably reading his scripts going, "What the fuck?" Those last 6 months were entirely against what John believes. Even if you aren't a John/Marlena fan you knew that he would never treat her that way. Ever. He was, obviously, trying to play the scenes to make them believable, but he couldn't because they just weren't believable. At all.

AFaithL

Rosebud
And sadly I don't trust them to FIX it.
THIS. Times a million.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 11 2013, 10:35 AM
GatesRhiannon
Nov 11 2013, 09:21 AM
I need him to explain, I need him to court her and make some big freaking declaration that he wants her back and he's going to get her back - just watch... then I want her to fight him.
I guess some of us just define begging a little more liberally. See what you've just described in my opinion isn't begging or groveling. It's rebuilding. It's something positive for the fans to invest in (which if recent Days history teaches us anything means it's not what we'll be getting). There is a world of difference between rebuilding trust and reigniting love and groveling. One unites and makes both stronger; the other widens the gap of inequity and tears someone down to the ground.
Edited by GatesRhiannon, Nov 11 2013, 11:16 AM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 11 2013, 10:37 AM
Rosebud
Right. Seriously, how is this her fault? How is he going to explain how it's her fault? He was going to ruin their marriage to hurt Brady enough so he'd dump Kristen. Marlena found a way that proved everything Kristen's done. Brady would be hurt momentarily, yes, but he'll live and he'll be happy to know the truth. Anything other than that is out of her control.
Not to mention, if he thinks about it, accusing her of hurting Brady is accusing her of doing what he did, only what he did was far far far worse and it ruined their marriage.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply