Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 14 2013, 02:06 AM (16,328 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 14 2013, 10:47 PM
SoapGal1
Nov 14 2013, 10:46 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 14 2013, 05:18 PM
bellajewel
Nov 14 2013, 05:08 PM
Posted Image

be nice! ;)
I'm sure Eric could use all our hugs. It doesn't matter who's where in line (but since I said he needed a hug, I'm clearly first in line).

Posted Image
Where is Lysie or Soapy to comment on that emoticon
Soapy's going to the front of the line while all y'all stand around a group orgy or whatever.

PS. I have something that GV really likes. B-)
Soapy, this is disgusting.
No it isn't.

YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS & IT'S CHARMING (albeit a little drawn out)!!

Get your mind out of the gutter, Lizella.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

blueskies
Nov 14 2013, 10:55 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 14 2013, 10:32 PM
What did Hope find in the driver's seat of Kristen's car? I assumed that it was her diamond engagement ring, but if you pause the scene, it looks like there's more than just a ring in that bag (not necessarily more than one item -- Brady refers to the item as "it", as in one thing -- but perhaps something larger and more substantial than just a ring), so I was wondering if everyone else got the same impression or if other conclusions had been drawn.

It's kind of symbolic that Kristen would leave behind her ring, if that's truly what it was, since she was frantically searching for the diamond just a couple of episodes earlier and wasn't ready to let go of it.
I thought it was her ring at first too but I think it was actually the key chain Brady gave her. Hard to tell though.
Brady said that Kristen was wearing "it" at the wedding, so it was definitely a piece of jewelry. I was thinking that it might have been the tennis bracelet that he gave her or a necklace, but I didn't pay any attention to whether she was wearing either item in previous episodes.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

confusedbyitall
Nov 14 2013, 10:03 PM
Supergirlx2
Nov 14 2013, 04:37 PM
elci525
Nov 14 2013, 04:08 PM
Supergirlx2
Nov 14 2013, 04:03 PM
classic MessyFatherHair™!!

And heartwrenching GV angst.
poor man needs a serious hug!!
I'm still volunteering. :wub2: :blush:
and I'm still waiting for the line to start moving. lol. ;)

(btw, i LOVE your avi! it's so true!!)

lysie
Member Avatar

Episode-wise today was okay. Character-wise, today was absolutely dreadful. With the exception of Eric and Roman, they were all horrible, awful people...and not in a good way. They were bad family members, bad friends, and bad fiances. Just bad, bad people. There was also some really bad acting. Just ugh.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Will&Sonny
What did Hope find in the driver's seat of Kristen's car? I assumed that it was her diamond engagement ring, but if you pause the scene, it looks like there's more than just a ring in that bag (not necessarily more than one item -- Brady refers to the item as "it", as in one thing -- but perhaps something larger and more substantial than just a ring), so I was wondering if everyone else got the same impression or if other conclusions had been drawn.

It's kind of symbolic that Kristen would leave behind her ring, if that's truly what it was, since she was frantically searching for the diamond just a couple of episodes earlier and wasn't ready to let go of it.
it was Kristen's bracelet.

Posted Image

Ophelia
Member Avatar

blueskies
Nov 14 2013, 10:55 PM
Will&Sonny

I thought it was her ring at first too but I think it was actually the key chain Brady gave her. Hard to tell though.
I really couldn't tell, but I thought it might have been her headband. (I think she ditched it in the car on the way back from the wedding because she was down to a ponytail by the time she got to the DiMansion.)

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny

Oh, I wondered that too. :shrug:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Nov 14 2013, 06:16 PM
Rosebud
Nov 14 2013, 06:06 PM
six
Nov 14 2013, 01:45 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 14 2013, 01:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And there's no proof that the day Eric got sick was the day the rape happened.
I don't know much about such things, but wouldn't there be some kind of time stamp on the video? And doesn't the video prove they were in the hotel bedroom? What other time did Eric ever check into that hotel?
Time stamps aren't really solid proof of anything, because they can be altered. Also, Eric could have gone to the hotel multiple times under an assumed name, like Kristen did. That's what I would do if I were a priest looking to break my vows and I lived on church grounds.
Don't most hotels have surveillance cameras? And also, wouldn't he have alibi's for most of his time? It was at the state capital and it took travel time to get there. And there's also lie detector tests (not that those can be admitted in evidence--but there won't be any trial anyway).

Ok, I'm running out of ideas! :blulaugh:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Nov 14 2013, 07:48 PM
Reese
Nov 14 2013, 06:57 PM
AFaithL
Nov 14 2013, 01:51 PM
Matt
Nov 14 2013, 01:48 PM
Oh? Nicole is jumping to Marlena's defense? I am here for this!
It would be nice if Brady did, for once, too.
Don' hold your breath for that. Nicole's braincells work a whole lot better than Brady's.
In Brady's defense, much of the blood supply to his downstairs brain has been diverted to his upstairs brain since Kristen's crimes were exposed.

I wouldn't surprised if the next time Brady and Marlena meet, he apologizes to her.
He needs to do more than that. He needs to beg for her forgiveness and bring her lots of flowers and candy! AND CALL HER MOM!

outrageous
Member Avatar

Is it really wrong that I feel really bad for Kristen. In her demented mind, she felt really wronged and robbed by Marlena. In some ways I even agree with her.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

outrageous
Nov 15 2013, 12:17 AM
Is it really wrong that I feel really bad for Kristen. In her demented mind, she felt really wronged and robbed by Marlena. In some ways I even agree with her.
I felt bad for her more in the 90's than I did this time around.

Romancer66

Panda Panda
Nov 15 2013, 12:20 AM
outrageous
Problem is, it's been 14 years since Marlena supposedly robbed Kristen of her happiness with John. Wouldn't that have been sufficient time and opportunity for Kristen to find another man to love/obsess over and possibly discover a way to have a child with him? Spending almost a decade-and-a-half brooding over her wrongs and plotting revenge against innocent parties just reinforces how unstable and BSC this woman is. She's a great villainess for sure, but a sympathetic, rootable character? YMMV.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 15 2013, 12:51 AM
Panda Panda
outrageous
Problem is, it's been 14 years since Marlena supposedly robbed Kristen of her happiness with John. Wouldn't that have been sufficient time and opportunity for Kristen to find another man to love/obsess over and possibly discover a way to have a child with him? Spending almost a decade-and-a-half brooding over her wrongs and plotting revenge against innocent parties just reinforces how unstable and BSC this woman is. She's a great villainess for sure, but a sympathetic, rootable character? YMMV.
Yeah, but Marlena did it again with Brady. Neither Kristen or Marlena forgot the past. It ended up that she was right, but when Kristen first came to town, she was acting very nice, and Marlena kept trying to cause her trouble. I just feel a little bad for Kristen because I think she's certifiebly crazy and her reasoning make sense in her deranged mind. She is genuinely hurting.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

^^^The operative word being "acting". Had she kept her nose clean, Marlena could've ranted and raved until the cows come home, nothing would've happened, without any actual smoke, there'd be no fire to 'expose' so to speak. But Kristen DID do all the crazy things they accused her of. The person hurting her is herself, it's nobody's fault but her own.
Edited by Laufeyson, Nov 15 2013, 01:18 AM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kristen coming back for revenge was a really stupid angle, tbh. After he failed attempt to marry John, she basically went into full-on revenge mode before giving up, so it's weird that she would come back after all of these years to start something that she had previously deemed a lost cause.

There were so many angles the writers could have toyed with when Kristen came back, but they chickened out and went straight to drudging up her past storylines. :-/

Aliaron
Member Avatar

six
Nov 14 2013, 08:45 PM
TreasureCove
Nov 14 2013, 08:28 PM
six
Nov 14 2013, 07:45 PM
TreasureCove
Nov 14 2013, 07:41 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nah. That sort of thing has never been treated as rape before, so there's no reason to start now.
at 9:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBBST62Fq3E
Oh, I know Days tried to change things up during the R2 story in their quest to kill EJami and sell safe. I'm not buying it though. They did that same story too many times in the past without calling it rape, so if it wasn't rape then, it's it's not now, AFAIC. So what they need to do is ignore the stunt they tried to pull.
They never treated or even called what Sami did to Austin rape. Not for nearly a decade. Now they talk about it like she was the biggest rapist in town. They use it to basically excuse everything done to her.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Panda Panda
outrageous
Have you ever seen the documentary film Tabloid? It's about an American woman whose obsession with true love and happiness resulted in decades of obsession over some guy who was probably moderately interested in the beginning but not enough to leave the Mormon church for her, what follows is almost as weird as Kristen's history - sex in chains, chloroform, parties with celebrities, a show trial, costumes....it's looney. It also involves the idea of consent and whether she forced this guy to have sex with her, which during the 1970s wasn't really taken seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeQce0cZsE

I always liked Kristen in the 90s because Eileen played her as 100% believing she was the heroine of the story. Everything she did was to restore John to her life (and if it harmed Marlena, all the better). I didn't get this quite as much this time around. The Eric rape scheme had no possible "positive" outcome for Kristen and was pure spite, so it's a little different.
Edited by Honeybees, Nov 15 2013, 07:04 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Nov 15 2013, 06:51 AM
Romancer66
Panda Panda
outrageous
Have you ever seen the documentary film Tabloid? It's about an American woman whose obsession with true love and happiness resulted in decades of obsession over some guy who was probably moderately interested in the beginning but not enough to leave the Mormon church for her, what follows is almost as weird as Kristen's history - sex in chains, chloroform, parties with celebrities, a show trial, costumes....it's looney. It also involves the idea of consent and whether she forced this guy to have sex with her, which during the 1970s wasn't really taken seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeQce0cZsE

I always liked Kristen in the 90s because Eileen played her as 100% believing she was the heroine of the story. Everything she did was to restore John to her life (and if it harmed Marlena, all the better). I didn't get this quite as much this time around. The Eric rape scheme had no possible "positive" outcome for Kristen and was pure spite, so it's a little different.
Holy shit!!! I need to find this documentary and watch it ASAP! Lol. Lord!

thepadange

Honeybees
Nov 15 2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Not me. At least not after she found and read John's letter. It was heartbreaking when this happened but not since. Why go after a man who clearly loves another woman? It didn't make sense to me, so I didn't feel for the character back then. I didn't see her as if she lost "her chance of happiness" or someone she could have been happy with because John loved another woman, there was no chance. The tragic of the current story is that this time around she really had that chance with Brady but lost it in a very self-destructive way.
(As for Eric/Kristen, I think they should have done it as some fake-making-out and not as rape. I still can't understand why they did it, the way they did. To have pregnancy scare? Was definitely not worth it.)
Edited by thepadange, Nov 15 2013, 07:36 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Panda Panda
outrageous
We don't know how long she was on that island as a sex slave. Heck she could have been there for almost the whole time. I'm sure that could screw anyone up and she already had issues with John and Marlena.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply