Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 15 2013, 02:02 AM (19,233 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 17 2013, 11:04 PM
six
Nov 17 2013, 10:51 PM
Dee-anne
Nov 17 2013, 10:47 PM
six
Nov 17 2013, 10:40 PM
It might not be justifiable, but it is understandable. Even a priest gets to be less than perfect after his entire world comes crashing down. I'm sure he would have taken the video somewhere else if he wasn't in shock.
Maybe I could buy that if it was not moments before he was telling off Marlena for doing the same thing. His brain was functioning fine then.
I completely disagree that his brain was functioning fine, then. He was in the middle of a meltdown and I don't think he would have yelled at Marlena if he had been thinking clearly.
He was able to reason, therefore his brain was functioning. I would expect him to be angry at Marlena, especially since he assumed she knew he was the one starring in the video and played it anyway.
If he was truly able to reason, he would have immediately realized (as everyone else did) that Marlena would never have played that video if she'd known he was in it. Sami, the most irrational person in Salem, never doubted that Marlena didn't know Eric was in the video.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

:headbang:

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

what irritated me most about this episode was EJ commentiing about Sami being a rapist, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.. This is such a watered down Sami the really Sami would have said "Well I couldn't put my hand on a gun, and I guess your sister couldn't find a love of Eric's dying." It was a douche bag thing to say, not to mention, IMO bad writing all around. Really the real Sami would have slapped the pig in the face for saying it.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Nov 17 2013, 11:19 PM
please don't hurt yourself. ;)

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Nov 18 2013, 12:39 AM
what irritated me most about this episode was EJ commentiing about Sami being a rapist, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.. This is such a watered down Sami the really Sami would have said "Well I couldn't put my hand on a gun, and I guess your sister couldn't find a love of Eric's dying." It was a douche bag thing to say, not to mention, IMO bad writing all around. Really the real Sami would have slapped the pig in the face for saying it.
I would've appreciated this but this show is more interested in selling these two as a viable couple despite everything they've done to each other. Sami would have quartered EJ for even thinking that. As far as I am concerned what she did to her is pales in comparison (he did it to her twice). They are both rapists as far as I am concerned. The nerve of that man to even speak as though he'd never done worse is despicable.
Edited by Laufeyson, Nov 18 2013, 01:41 AM.

AFaithL

Rapists in Love: The EJ and Sami story

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

I enjoyed the EJami fight. I like that she walked out on him this time instead of making up sex right after.

This is the first week I watched either live, or right after. I've even been on NBC.com to watch some clips I missed. Have to say, they are doing a good job IMO. Over all I am a pleased viewer at the moment.

I hope they can continue to pace the couples well, don't rush them- But alas. I know they will screw it up.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

double post..sorry
Edited by crookedhalo, Nov 18 2013, 01:08 AM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 18 2013, 12:52 AM
crookedhalo
I would've appreciated this but this show is more interested in selling these two as a viable couple despite everything they've done to each other. Sami would have quartered EJ for even thinking that. As far as I am concerned what he did to her is pales in comparison (he did it to her twice). They are both rapists as far as I am concerned. The nerve of that man to even speak as though he'd never done worse is despicable.
but does that make them more viable... More viable would be if she gave it to him as much as he gave it to her... yeah he didn't have anything to do with his sister's actions and thought :shrug: but still he didn't have to shit on her to protect himself... and if he did Sami kicking out of her room was just watered down servant Sami... yuck! Where's Stan when you need him?

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

restless daze
Nov 18 2013, 01:03 AM
I enjoyed the EJami fight. I like that she walked out on him this time instead of making up sex right after.

This is the first week I watched either live, or right after. I've even been on NBC.com to watch some clips I missed. Have to say, they are doing a good job IMO. Over all I am a pleased viewer at the moment.

I hope they can continue to pace the couples well, don't rush them- But alas. I know they will screw it up.
no offense, pace the couple? this couple has been done more than 80 year old prostitute. The court case was better at least they were working together to face a common problem. The whole :saberduel: was old, IMO, 3 years ago.

S loves EJ

crookedhalo

I don´t think Sami should have slapped EJ for that since it was the truth, but she should have said - look who´s talking, or have you forgotten have Johnny was conceived. It made no since having EJ say that given what she could throw back in his face.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

crookedhalo
Nov 18 2013, 01:18 AM
restless daze
Nov 18 2013, 01:03 AM

no offense, pace the couple? this couple has been done more than 80 year old prostitute. The court case was better at least they were working together to face a common problem. The whole :saberduel: was old, IMO, 3 years ago.
I was talking about Ericole, not EJami...but however much I am enjoying EJami at each others throats (for three years or 7) whichever- I am enjoying Ericole much more. It is THEM that has me tuning in. :-)

Dee-anne

six
Nov 17 2013, 11:16 PM
Dee-anne
six
Dee-anne

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I completely disagree that his brain was functioning fine, then. He was in the middle of a meltdown and I don't think he would have yelled at Marlena if he had been thinking clearly.
He was able to reason, therefore his brain was functioning. I would expect him to be angry at Marlena, especially since he assumed she knew he was the one starring in the video and played it anyway.
If he was truly able to reason, he would have immediately realized (as everyone else did) that Marlena would never have played that video if she'd known he was in it. Sami, the most irrational person in Salem, never doubted that Marlena didn't know Eric was in the video.
Not necessarily. People do the unexpected sometimes, and it was revealed to him that Marlena was the one responsible for the playing of it. He already knew how much Marlena did not like Kristen. As you know that is not the first time that Eric has jumped to the wrong conclusion without getting all the facts first.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 18 2013, 06:21 AM.

six
Member Avatar

I think Eric knows Marlena loves him more than she hates Kristen. She doesn't have a history of setting out to hurt her kids for revenge. While in Nicole's case, the assumption he made was quite logical for a bunch of reasons I'm not going to repeat.
Edited by six, Nov 18 2013, 08:45 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Y'all, I'm going to cut the poor man some slack. He has puppy dog eyes.

Posted Image

S loves EJ

That is why I cut EJ some slack, I was a little mad at him on friday for being
an as but then he looked so lonley at the end that I felt sorry for him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

S loves EJ
Nov 18 2013, 09:11 AM
That is why I cut EJ some slack, I was a little mad at him on friday for being
an as but then he looked so lonley at the end that I felt sorry for him.
Well, maybe. But I don't think he has the puppy dog eyes down.

No matter how you slice it, the ripple effect is outstanding!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Nov 17 2013, 11:16 PM
Dee-anne
six
Dee-anne

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But he DID realize Nicole wasn't the rapist. Did he have selective reasoning?

six
Member Avatar

He didn't exactly have to reason himself into that revelation when the video of the rape was played multiple times on a huge screen.

lysie
Member Avatar

I watched the Ericole scenes as stand alone, and I liked them much better. I still wish they'd been earlier.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply