Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 15 2013, 02:02 AM (19,195 Views)
Dee-anne

six
Nov 18 2013, 08:32 AM
I think Eric knows Marlena loves him more than she hates Kristen. She doesn't have a history of setting out to hurt her kids for revenge. While in Nicole's case, the assumption he made was quite logical for a bunch of reasons I'm not going to repeat.
It was a bunch of flimsy evidence, and it made him look just as stupid as Brady to jump to such conclusion with the little information he got.

I know that he knows his mum loves him. but it was his mum that played the video. He is not going to automatically think that she played it without knowing what or who was on it, so I dont blame him for being angry with her at first. If after her explanation and he still remains angry with her, then that is another story.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 18 2013, 01:01 PM
six
I think Eric knows Marlena loves him more than she hates Kristen. She doesn't have a history of setting out to hurt her kids for revenge. While in Nicole's case, the assumption he made was quite logical for a bunch of reasons I'm not going to repeat.
It was a bunch of flimsy evidence, and it made him look just as stupid as Brady to jump to such conclusion with the little information he got.

I know that he knows his mum loves him. but it was his mum that played the video. He is not going to automatically think that she played it without knowing what or who was on it, so I dont blame him for being angry with her at first. If after her explanation and he still remains angry with her, then that is another story.

I just flat out don't agree that it was flimsy evidence at all. She still should absolutely be mad at him, but he'd have been a complete moron to not at least think it was her.

Dee-anne

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 01:08 PM
Dee-anne
six

I just flat out don't agree that it was flimsy evidence at all. She still should absolutely be mad at him, but he'd have been a complete moron to not at least think it was her.
The little information he gathered were circumstantial, and it would not have been so bad if he had suspicions, but Eric was convinced that she raped him. So convinced was he, that he ignored all her protestation that she did not do what he was accusing her of.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 18 2013, 01:30 PM
lysie
Dee-anne
six

The little information he gathered were circumstantial, and it would not have been so bad if he had suspicions, but Eric was convinced that she raped him. So convinced was he, that he ignored all her protestation that she did not do what he was accusing her of.
He's not a cop and he didn't take her to courts. His evidence doesn't have to be more than circumstantial. He was wrong and he knows that now, but he had plenty of evidence supporting what he believed.

six
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
lysie
Dee-anne
six

Of course he ignored her denials. It's not like Nicole is known for her honesty. Brady was an idiot for ignoring evidence. Eric isn't an idiot for not making the same mistake Brady made. He was just mistaken.

Dee-anne

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 01:59 PM
Dee-anne
lysie
Dee-anne

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He's not a cop and he didn't take her to courts. His evidence doesn't have to be more than circumstantial. He was wrong and he knows that now, but he had plenty of evidence supporting what he believed.
They were still circumstantial. He does not have to be a cop to know that. If the evidence he received made him suspect her, then approach her and ask her about it. Not just come right out and accuse her of doing it, and not listening to anything she had to say. Wasn't she suppose to be his friend. What about giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 18 2013, 03:23 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 18 2013, 03:22 PM
lysie
Dee-anne
lysie

They were still circumstantial. He does not have to be a cop to know that. If the evidence he received made him suspect her, then approach her and ask her about it. Not just come right out and accuse her of doing it, and not listening to anything she had to say. Wasn't she suppose to be his friend. What about giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Well, for one that would have been really boring. I'm not saying he acted perfectly in the situation. But it's just not true that his evidence was flimsy. Misleading, yes. Flimsy, no. I"m not interested in seeing them all react rationally to the situation, and I'm glad this has completely flipped around the dynamic in their relationships. While he was wrong, I still don't think he's some big bad villain in the story. He reacted like a normal person, and she is acting like a normal person now.

Dee-anne

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 03:30 PM
Dee-anne
Nov 18 2013, 03:22 PM
lysie
Dee-anne

Well, for one that would have been really boring. I'm not saying he acted perfectly in the situation. But it's just not true that his evidence was flimsy. Misleading, yes. Flimsy, no. I"m not interested in seeing them all react rationally to the situation, and I'm glad this has completely flipped around the dynamic in their relationships. While he was wrong, I still don't think he's some big bad villain in the story. He reacted like a normal person, and she is acting like a normal person now.
I wish they had found another way to flip the dynamics in their relationship, especially if they were suppose to be writing a love story. How they did it was not boring, but I wasn't entertained by it either. I just felt disappointed in Eric. I didn't want him of all people to think so low of Nicole. He should have been the one that was different. If I wasn't liking them as a pairing it would not have mattered as much.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

six
Nov 17 2013, 09:46 AM
Agreed. I've mentioned before that if you watch those videos ouf of context, you could make a convincing case that Eric was sexually harassing Nicole, because he touches her and a lot more than necessary and gives her these little glances that make her uncomfortable.
I'm watching some of the Ericole videos on YouTube and he is very handsy with her.

There was one in early February where he slid his hand all the way down her arm. About a week after that he's giving her this speech about letting going of things that aren't available/possible. She has her back to him and he looks her up and down while he's saying it. In that context he believes she's still hung up on Daniel, but he's also clearly saying it about himself towards her.

During those scenes in February she was getting ready to go out dancing and she's wearing that low-cut leather dress. He looked like he was going to devour her and is visibly shaken -- by her, by his feelings, what have you.

It wouldn't surprise me if part of the reason he was so quick to believe that the blonde woman was Nicole is because he has been actively fighting his own feelings for her.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Nov 19 2013, 06:24 PM
six
Nov 17 2013, 09:46 AM
Agreed. I've mentioned before that if you watch those videos ouf of context, you could make a convincing case that Eric was sexually harassing Nicole, because he touches her and a lot more than necessary and gives her these little glances that make her uncomfortable.
I'm watching some of the Ericole videos on YouTube and he is very handsy with her.

There was one in early February where he slid his hand all the way down her arm. About a week after that he's giving her this speech about letting going of things that aren't available/possible. She has her back to him and he looks her up and down while he's saying it. In that context he believes she's still hung up on Daniel, but he's also clearly saying it about himself towards her.

During those scenes in February she was getting ready to go out dancing and she's wearing that low-cut leather dress. He looked like he was going to devour her and is visibly shaken -- by her, by his feelings, what have you.

It wouldn't surprise me if part of the reason he was so quick to believe that the blonde woman was Nicole is because he has been actively fighting his own feelings for her.
Thank you. These were the scenes I was referring to. Before the rape, Eric and Nicole had quite a few of them then they decided to throw Kristen into the mix and those scenes came to an end. The focus shifted from them to the Kristen rape/exit build up which I did not appreciate. I missed seeing a jealous and touchy feely Eric who would sometimes stuff his hands in his pockets when Nicole was within touching distance as if he was afraid if he touched her he wouldn't let her go. I miss that Eric and I hope we're about to see him make a huge come back :D

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I noticed the small gestures at the time, but they were glaringly obvious upon the rewatch. GV does such a great job of throwing in these subtle things that don't seem like a big deal until you put them all together. When Nicole first started working at the church, Eric was visibly affected by her presence.

I miss the touchy-feely Eric too. :) NEED MORE ERICOLE

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply