Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report for the Week of November 4-8, 2013
Topic Started: Nov 15 2013, 02:38 AM (1,768 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,798,000 (-77,000/+424,000)
2. B&B 3,801,000 (+194,000/+616,000) < 4.75 year high *
3. GH 2,800,000 (-107,000/-24,000)
4. DAYS 2,572,000 (+23,000/+19,000)

* Highest since January 26-30, 2009 (3,981,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (-.2/+.1)
2. B&B 2.7/9 (+.1/+.3)
3. GH 2.2/7 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 846,000 (+7,000/+88,000)
2. B&B 694,000 (+27,000/+86,000)
3. GH 680,000 (-68,000/+1,000)
4. DAYS 599,000 (+32,000/+4,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/+.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/7 (-.1/same)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 256,000 (+7,000/+69,000)
2. GH 226,000 (-33,000/-40,000)
3. B&B 220,000 (-2,000/+67,000)
4. DAYS 182,000 (+3,000/-35,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.8 (+.1/+.2)
2. B&B 0.7 (same/+.2)
2. GH 0.7 (-.1/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.5 (same/-.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.8/3,968,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,649,000
Wednesday: 2.8/3,874,000
Thursday: 2.8/3,839,000
Friday: 2.6/3,676,000

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,693,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,462,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,429,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,528,000
Friday: 2.1/2,750,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,899,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,815,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,740,000
Thursday: 2.3/2,923,000
Friday: 2.0/2,624,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,219,000
Tuesday: 3.4/4,663,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,683,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,908,000
Friday: 3.2/4,515,000

For the SEASON September 23, 2013 through November 10, 2013

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.7
3. GH 2.4
4. DAYS 2.1

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4
2. GH 1.3
3. B&B 1.1
4. DAYS 1.0

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/ratings-bb-hits-4-75-year-high-in-total-viewers#more-30443
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jair

I can't believe B&B is getting those results ... it sucks
But, again, maybe I'm the one strange in the world
Edited by Jair, Nov 15 2013, 04:26 AM.

thepadange

I expected better ratings for Days this week. But maybe it just says that it's not enough to write big reveals for sweeps.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

BB does suck Im tired of watching two couples on everyday and having the show revolve around them, and the men be total jerks.

DAYS no matter how they spin it they are dead last in every category.

GH is still good but I think they have lost some of there momentum.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Wow those are really sad. I mean Friday and Monday were good anyway. I was really hoping for a big shot. Maybe this week will be the big week?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

You know, I'm really surprised that Days didn't gain momentum from the beginning of the week to the end...it seems they started strong and ended strong but had a real bad 3 days in between. If anything I thought they would start off rather slow on Monday with every day picking up viewers until the 2.1 on Friday.

If Days doesn't do well this week, the great sweeps month will be a bust for them.....kind of weird because I have been enjoying the shows overall, and each day this week has ended in a cliffhanger....so I'm hoping that at least this week they have solid numbers...and if they don't then IMHO then something will happen in a few months...too bad that by now Feb is in the can.....so that can't be good for them....

jdawg1077

This has to be a disappointment for the folks over at Days. Granted, it was probably their best Friday in years (aren't Fridays typically the lowest rated for Days?). But even with only one day of "reveal", they only gained 23K for the week? This story was a year in the making. In fact, had it not been for that Friday, Days would've seen a significant drop this week, IMO. I'm sure next week will be better, still, as the fallout continues. In fact, it had better be. If Days doesn't pick up some momentum during these next few months through March, I think it will make a renewal even more difficult, no matter how many costs they cut.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Friday's numbers are what matters most...that is when the TRUE action of the reveal started..

Considering Friday is usually the lowest rated day of the week, this week it was the highest.

I expect DAYS to build into next week.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Not surprised that Friday was DAYS most watched show. But, someone please tell me
who the FUCK is watching B&B??!! That show will most definitely cure your imsonia for sure.
I just don't get it. :shrug:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Also DAYS beat GH on Friday...by 125K viewers.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

T-Love74
Nov 15 2013, 12:36 PM
Not surprised that Friday was DAYS most watched show. But, someone please tell me
who the FUCK is watching B&B??!! That show will most definitely cure your imsonia for sure.
I just don't get it. :shrug:
I have always said, its people too lazy to turn the TV off after Y&R or TPIR.

;)

james0479
Member Avatar

There is no way Fridays episode of Days didn't pull in everyone that watched it. I'm very curious to see the next set of ratings. To hell with the edge of my seat, this fanboy has been on the floor face pressed to the TV. It was THAT good!

And is GH really as good as the numbers suggest? Wow

daysmemories
Member Avatar

GH was pretty slow this week but it's starting to pick back up again. I expect the numbers to go up from there.
As for Days I could really give a crap anymore. The show focuses too much on the same people and disgusting couples, not even the Kristen reveal can make me tune in.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Not surprised that GH dropped, especially since the idiotic Franco art show was the focus. I don't what's up with GH, one week it's on fire and the next it's boring as heck. I think Days ratings will go up with the Kristen reveal.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

GH's ratings dive every time favorited pets get shoved down viewers throats. When they don't do that, the ratings go up. It's not rocket science, GH showrunners.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think its very encouraging that DAYS had its best day of the week on the same day the other 3 soaps had their worst day of the week.

That is very indicative that something big was happening that day for DAYS.

happy
Member Avatar

Makes sense that GH dropped. They dropped the Robin reveal storyline and went to Franco/Sonny. I stopped watching. Ron writes in blocks. So I've learned that I will love GH for a while and then get bored when he switches to the next block. So I tune out until the storyline I like comes back. I think GH ratings will increase again when the vets are featured again vs the OLTL/Jerome mob stuff. I am loving Anna/Duke/Robert/Faison/Dr O/Britt/Nik/Robin. Just wish Patrick had a decent story line during this umbrella. His fake Disney romance is fast forward in the middle of must watch GH.

As for the next week - my predictions are that DOOL will surpass GH in the ratings. DOOL was on fire every day with the sex tape reveal. Fantastic soapy goodness. Whereas GH featured dull characters and contrived plot lines. I wonder if GH has different writers for the different blocks of stories/characers.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Jair
Nov 15 2013, 04:26 AM
I can't believe B&B is getting those results ... it sucks
But, again, maybe I'm the one strange in the world

JDeveraux_91
Nov 15 2013, 04:05 PM
Not surprised that GH dropped, especially since the idiotic Franco art show was the focus. I don't what's up with GH, one week it's on fire and the next it's boring as heck. I think Days ratings will go up with the Kristen reveal.

Spot on about the comments regarding B&B.
GH problem for me is having to the time period. I would rather watch GH at earlier than later.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

happy
Nov 16 2013, 12:13 AM
Makes sense that GH dropped. They dropped the Robin reveal storyline and went to Franco/Sonny. I stopped watching. Ron writes in blocks. So I've learned that I will love GH for a while and then get bored when he switches to the next block. So I tune out until the storyline I like comes back. I think GH ratings will increase again when the vets are featured again vs the OLTL/Jerome mob stuff. I am loving Anna/Duke/Robert/Faison/Dr O/Britt/Nik/Robin. Just wish Patrick had a decent story line during this umbrella. His fake Disney romance is fast forward in the middle of must watch GH.

As for the next week - my predictions are that DOOL will surpass GH in the ratings. DOOL was on fire every day with the sex tape reveal. Fantastic soapy goodness. Whereas GH featured dull characters and contrived plot lines. I wonder if GH has different writers for the different blocks of stories/characers.
Yeah I think for this month Days will do better than GH in the beginning then things will switch as I believe the Patrina wedding/Robin reveal is at the end of the month. But I think Days should continue to do well this month as there is a lot of fallout from the Bristen wedding implosion.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Nov 16 2013, 12:25 PM
happy
Nov 16 2013, 12:13 AM

Yeah I think for this month Days will do better than GH in the beginning then things will switch as I believe the Patrina wedding/Robin reveal is at the end of the month. But I think Days should continue to do well this month as there is a lot of fallout from the Bristen wedding implosion.
i hope so. I imagine the decision for renewal/cancellation should be coming soon and a boost in ratings would certainly help.

This next week of ratings should be interesting. I thought this week was better than the previous week, but you never want to be too overly optimistic re:ratings.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply