Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Eric Martsolf; Combined with "John's mother" thread
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:44 PM (4,530 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Brady had a bad day yesterday.
Did he? Gosh, what happened? I have no idea.

Just a little wedding mishap.
Oh, the whole seeing his fiance up on a monitor in the middle of a church while his brother had sex with her. Just another Friday in Salem. I play a guy that is just so unlucky in love. You canít help but root for the guy to find a woman that will just love him for who he is and not have some manipulative agenda. But itís one of the basic ingredients of soap opera. You have manipulative women, and you have to have not so bright gentlemen. Because if they gentlemen were smart, the show would have ended 48 years ago. So Iím happy to take the fall to create soap drama.

We keep hearing about some kind of addiction story coming up.
Heís an addict. I think weíre going to learn that substances arenít his only addiction. Itís interesting how addicts can be addicted to many things. They can be addicted to sex, power, substances, women...so the show actually explores how deep of an addict Brady really is. Heís going to hit one of the darkest times in his life coming up. The downfall for this episode is almost as interesting as the event itself. And Days of Our Lives is so good at creating these bombs that go off in town, and then mixing the pot up. So once fans get really comfortable with certain pairings, the show goes no, no, no. Brady has new lily pads that he jumps to. He doesnít necessarily open his heart up, but heís opening up his mind, his wallet, and his lifestyle to new things. Thatís as cryptic as I can be.

A lifestyle change?
He starts wearing plaid. He wears a lot of khaki. I donít know.

We just recently found out that John is back.
Iím glad Drake Hogestyn is coming back to the canvas. Heís a good human being. Heís a good guy. Iím glad to see him working because he brings an element definitely to Bradyís story that is necessary right now. Any father after something like this goes down would come back to town and see whatís going on.

But apparently he doesnít come back until a few months later.
Thereís a little bit of time. We want to watch Brady take a big fall just before he comes back. His dad does come back, and despite their tumultuous relationship, thereís love underneath. Itís nice to see a father and son dynamic; although rocky, itís necessary.

Three people that you donít usually work with have told us today that theyíve been working with you.
Really? Iíd love to know who.

It was Freddie, Jen, and Casey. Can you tell us anything about that?
Nice. Thatís interesting. Two boys and one girl. And young bucks, too. Can I tell you anything about that? What do you mean?

Why are you hanging out with the kids?
Because I act like a kid. I have a lot of youthful vitality. Well, I have twin boys that are seven, so Iím basically a little kid in a big boyís body. But I would venture to say that JJ and Brady do have some things that are similar. Actually, so do Theresa and Brady. Everyone is on drugs in that town. Whatís going on with that? But Freddie...I donít know. If Sonny is looking for a new boyfriend, I donít know if Brady is the way to go.

You did say Brady has a lifestyle change coming.
Oh, lifestyle change! Whatís funny about our show is that just when you think you know whatís going on, you donít know whatís going on.

Is there anything else you want to share?
Other than the fact that a lot fans here today have asked me when dark Brady is returning. Heís like his own character. Like Batman or something. Heís coming. Itís not a mystery. Heís going to go down a very dark path. Itís a lot of fun to play. Heís not burying anybody, but heís definitely going to be burying some relationships and forming some new ones.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lol, well if Sonny and Brady weren't related I'd be so THERE for that. Thanks for the interview! Loved it :)

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I hope Brady gets his brain back while he's on this dark path, but somehow I doubt it.

six
Member Avatar

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 02:48 PM
lol, well if Sonny and Brady weren't related I'd be so THERE for that. Thanks for the interview! Loved it :)
Oh, like that's a roadblock for Brady. ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Brady's downfall.

Pookie
Member Avatar

You know what would be cool? If Brady decided to become a drug kingpin and JJ and Theresa are his first recruits. Not sure where Sonny fits into that. Maybe JJ gets a job at the club and uses it as a front for selling drugs.

ETA: Throw in Rory. He's desperate for a father figure.
Edited by Pookie, Nov 11 2013, 02:58 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Oh god,don't tell me Brady and Theresa,aren't they related,oh wait,he is related to Kristen,like that would stop him.

AFaithL

I seriously hop they don't try to pair Brady and Theresa. They are related.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

I don't want to see Brady in another relationship. I just cant with Brady and love. Maybe far down the road.

blueskies
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Nov 11 2013, 03:03 PM
I don't want to see Brady in another relationship. I just cant with Brady and love. Maybe far down the road.
he said he's gonna open his wallet. Maybe he'll start buying prostitutes in addition to the drugs? :shrug:

AFaithL

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 03:15 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Nov 11 2013, 03:03 PM
he said he's gonna open his wallet. Maybe he'll start buying prostitutes in addition to the drugs? :shrug:
I'd rather see Brady with prostitutes than Brady with his blood-cousin, Theresa.

I can't handle incest. LOL

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If Brady can almost marry a woman who used to babysit him,change his diaper,etc,who knows what he'll do.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Nov 11 2013, 03:27 PM
If Brady can almost marry a woman who used to babysit him,change his diaper,etc,who knows what he'll do.
well Marlena's free....

PatNS
Member Avatar

It sounds like there are some interesting and challenging times ahead for Brady. Bring it on! I was so tired of seeing brain dead Brady - even addicted Brady sounds better right now.

AFaithL

Snowing Fan
Well, Bristen aren't related, so I was fine with them.

I can't handle "Brincest". Brady + Incest.....or "Brousins" Brady + Cousins.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Great interview.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf gives the most humorous interviews.

I'm intrigued by the stuff coming up with JJ and Theresa.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Really, Brady & Theresa are so damn far apart in relation that it really wouldn't be a problem. Besides, I think they're only related because of Santeen & I still refuse to acknowledge that hotmess of a story, so I'm good to go. Let's face it, when it comes down to it, a whole lot of us are probably blood related if we go far enough back.

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Snowing Fan
Well, Bristen aren't related, so I was fine with them.

I can't handle "Brincest". Brady + Incest.....or "Brousins" Brady + Cousins.
They're not related by blood, but they are related.

six
Member Avatar

Has a soap ever done that before? ETA - this is about blood related pairings.

And as long as Brady is taking John's women, I'm going to put in my weekly request for Krady.
Edited by six, Nov 11 2013, 05:55 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 11 2013, 05:51 PM
Really, Brady & Theresa are so damn far apart in relation that it really wouldn't be a problem. Besides, I think they're only related because of Santeen & I still refuse to acknowledge that hotmess of a story, so I'm good to go. Let's face it, when it comes down to it, a whole lot of us are probably blood related if we go far enough back.
Santeen are basically Salem's Adam and Eve
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply