Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Day of Days Interview with Eric Martsolf; Combined with "John's mother" thread
Topic Started: Nov 11 2013, 02:44 PM (4,808 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

six
Nov 11 2013, 05:54 PM
Has a soap ever done that before? ETA - this is about blood related pairings.

And as long as Brady is taking John's women, I'm going to put in my weekly request for Krady.
Well, Jonathan & Tammy on Guiding Light were 1/2 1st cousins. Larry & Karen Wolek on OLTL were cousins (Karen Wolek's maiden & married names were both Wolek). Jimmy Lee Holt & Celia Quartermaine on GH were a hot couple in the 80s and they were cousins. I'm sure I'm missing a ton more somewhere. This "cousins being in love is icky" thing is really a fairly recent attitude from the last couple of decades, I think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 11 2013, 05:51 PM
Really, Brady & Theresa are so damn far apart in relation that it really wouldn't be a problem. Besides, I think they're only related because of Santeen & I still refuse to acknowledge that hotmess of a story, so I'm good to go. Let's face it, when it comes down to it, a whole lot of us are probably blood related if we go far enough back.
They're not that far back though, 2nd cousins. Legal in every state though I believe, and really it is distant enough genetically to keep most bad mutations at a minimum.

To me, beyond 3rd cousins (4th+) is acceptable. At 30 years per generation, you're probably looking at (if you're 30) sharing a family member who was born about 1830. But 2nd is still a bit too close.

However if Therady gets rid of John's Santeen origin I would be over the moon with joy!!
Edited by blueskies, Nov 11 2013, 06:22 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 11 2013, 06:09 PM
six

And as long as Brady is taking John's women, I'm going to put in my weekly request for Krady.
Well, Jonathan & Tammy on Guiding Light were 1/2 1st cousins. Larry & Karen Wolek on OLTL were cousins (Karen Wolek's maiden & married names were both Wolek). Jimmy Lee Holt & Celia Quartermaine on GH were a hot couple in the 80s and they were cousins. I'm sure I'm missing a ton more somewhere. This "cousins being in love is icky" thing is really a fairly recent attitude from the last couple of decades, I think.
Are these people who knew they were cousins?

I mean, I can think of some couples who did not know they were related (or one did and didn't tell the other one) but I think that's it. Granted my history of soaps knowledge is not as deep.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 06:24 PM
Matt
Nov 11 2013, 06:09 PM
six

Are these people who knew they were cousins?

I mean, I can think of some couples who did not know they were related (or one did and didn't tell the other one) but I think that's it. Granted my history of soaps knowledge is not as deep.
Oh, yeah. Each of those 3, at least, knew they were cousins. Hell, Karen Wolek was 1st introduced on the show as a Wolek cousin with her sister Jenny. Celia was a Quartermaine cousin & Jimmy Lee wsa revealed to be Edward Quartermaine's son. They still got together. Tammy's mother & Jonathan's mother were 1/2 sisters.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Snowing Fan
Nov 11 2013, 03:27 PM
If Brady can almost marry a woman who used to babysit him,change his diaper,etc,who knows what he'll do.
Well, Bristen aren't related, so I was fine with them.

I can't handle "Brincest". Brady + Incest.....or "Brousins" Brady + Cousins.
John is Kritter's uncle,that does make them related,I know she is adopted,but adoptee's are family too.She may not be a blood Dimera,but somehow she became the most demented Dimera.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not sure Kristen or Peter were ever legally adopted. If I remember correctly, when they first came on, Stefano was merely referred to as their legal guardian or surrogate father. Hence Kristen & Tony marrying (even though they were siblings since Tony had been rewritten to be Stefano's bio-son).

Brewster
Member Avatar

Brady might be an idiot right now but I am always ALWAYS here for some Eric Martsolf. And his arms. I am here for them, too.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 06:20 PM
Matt
Really, Brady & Theresa are so damn far apart in relation that it really wouldn't be a problem. Besides, I think they're only related because of Santeen & I still refuse to acknowledge that hotmess of a story, so I'm good to go. Let's face it, when it comes down to it, a whole lot of us are probably blood related if we go far enough back.
They're not that far back though, 2nd cousins. Legal in every state though I believe, and really it is distant enough genetically to keep most bad mutations at a minimum.

To me, beyond 3rd cousins (4th+) is acceptable. At 30 years per generation, you're probably looking at (if you're 30) sharing a family member who was born about 1830. But 2nd is still a bit too close.

However if Therady gets rid of John's Santeen origin I would be over the moon with joy!!
The bolded expresses my feelings exactly about that stupid story and Brady and Jeannie Theresa. And having John go back to being a plain ol' Alamain totally works for me.

AFaithL

How about Chloe return. I know for a fact he isn't related to her. LOL. Plus, the actors have chemistry. And there is unfinished business from Vienna.

Tibi
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 08:37 PM
How about Chloe return. I know for a fact he isn't related to her. LOL. Plus, the actors have chemistry. And there is unfinished business from Vienna.
I would LOVE a Broe reunion! And it would make the most sense, but of course these writers have no sense whatsoever. :shrug: I love Eric, he is so funny and so nice, but I just can't anymore with dumb Brady who falls in love with every woman he meets and declares her the love of his life. :facepalm:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I think Brady is in love with the idea of love rather than an actual person.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
AFaithL
Snowing Fan
If Brady can almost marry a woman who used to babysit him,change his diaper,etc,who knows what he'll do.

They're not related by blood, but they are related.
I was just wondering about this the other day not so much the bristen part but the stefano/kristen/peter "adoption."

Do we know if Stefano ever officially adopted Peter and Kristen? Because that would make the tony/andre x Kristen marriage kinda grosser. I know that Kristen suddenly decided to use the DiMera name when she came back to town, but the question as to whether or not she and peter are officially counted as Stefano's children is still on my mind.

thepadange

blueskies
Nov 11 2013, 06:20 PM
Matt

It looks like Brady even doesn't "know" he is related to Theresa because he reffered to Theresa as "Sami's cousin" in an episode.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 12 2013, 08:03 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

Tibi
Nov 11 2013, 10:33 PM
AFaithL
Nov 11 2013, 08:37 PM
I would LOVE a Broe reunion! And it would make the most sense, but of course these writers have no sense whatsoever. :shrug: I love Eric, he is so funny and so nice, but I just can't anymore with dumb Brady who falls in love with every woman he meets and declares her the love of his life. :facepalm:
Me too! I'd love for a Broe reunion so much!!! I really wish Days would bring Nadia back and pair Brady back with Chloe. That is the only pairing that really worked for me regarding Brady.

six
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Nov 11 2013, 11:06 PM
lysie
AFaithL
Snowing Fan

They're not related by blood, but they are related.
I was just wondering about this the other day not so much the bristen part but the stefano/kristen/peter "adoption."

Do we know if Stefano ever officially adopted Peter and Kristen? Because that would make the tony/andre x Kristen marriage kinda grosser. I know that Kristen suddenly decided to use the DiMera name when she came back to town, but the question as to whether or not she and peter are officially counted as Stefano's children is still on my mind.
IIRC, they presented it more like he'd taken the Blake kids in in an unofficial arrangement. Kristen would call Stefano her father, but she also called him 'Stefan' and when Stefano disowned her, he was all like "you were like a daughter to me."

Although it still makes Kristen/Tony weird in my eyes, especially since Kristen is more of a Dimera than any of Stefano's other kids.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Eric seems so personable and fun. I like him a lot. I have been banging my head against the wall over Brady's stupidity lately but I really do hope that everything that's happened changes his life and some of the unhealthy patterns of behavior he's gotten caught up in. I care about Brady and I think that deep down inside he's a good person, but he hasn't been a good person lately at all. He's been blind and careless and completely insensitive to the people who actually care about him. I hope his relationships with John and Marlena can heal. I hope his friendship with Nicole can ultimately be repaired too. But he has to learn and grow. Giving Kristen a second chance was just too much. Beyond the pale.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

And I should say that as a Nicole loyalist, and given Brady's history with Nicole, the irony of my last statement above is not lost on me...but for me Nicole is a good person at heart, albeit a broken one who is sometimes extremely, criminally selfish...Kristen, however, is somewhere in between completely bonkers and straight up evil.

lysie
Member Avatar

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/11/day-days-interview-eric-martsolf-end-bristen-whats-ahead-brady/

Check out the end.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 13 2013, 11:33 PM
$10 says it was Alice. Thus finally making John Black directly related (or believed to be related) to all of the major past/present Salem families.
Edited by Panda Panda, Nov 13 2013, 11:39 PM.

AFaithL

lysie
Nov 13 2013, 11:33 PM
So there is no Santeen then?

Here comes Brady and Theresa. Yuck

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply