Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (11/18/13)
Topic Started: Nov 15 2013, 10:17 PM (1,989 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-111813/n43262/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Yep. This is definitely leading to Nick being the murder victim. Which makes me sad. I don't want Blake Berris to go :(

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Shane & Kim return to Salem for 3 episodes & the promo is about SAMI getting in the middle of Gabi vs Wilson????
:shame: :huh?: :what: :facepalm:
Edited by Supergirlx2, Nov 15 2013, 10:29 PM.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

:fp2: why does sami have to be involved in every storyline... why can't it just be wilson teaming up against gabi thats an interesting storyline in and of itself, add other people into the mix later on

Hummm
Member Avatar

For me to much Sami again,I want a long Break from her.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

this whole "We must team up to keep Gabi from moving to NYC" storyline is so stupid. It's just another way to make Gabi look evil, & continue writing Wilson as high & mighty. So what if Nick was the one behind getting Gabi the job in NYC. If she didn't want it, she didn't have to take it. Wilson need to just go sit down. Yes, Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother, and if she wants to take her to NYC, she can. It's not like she's moving 1/2 way around the world. NYC & Salem aren't that far away. If Wilson acted like normal humans & not entitled ones, they'd realize that they could probably sit down with Gabi & figure out some sort of visitation schedule. Besides which, didn't Will just come back from a trip to California regarding a writing job (or something like that)? Why is he allowed to go to California, but Gabi isn't allowed to go to NYC??

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:25 AM
this whole "We must team up to keep Gabi from moving to NYC" storyline is so stupid. It's just another way to make Gabi look evil, & continue writing Wilson as high & mighty. So what if Nick was the one behind getting Gabi the job in NYC. If she didn't want it, she didn't have to take it. Wilson need to just go sit down. Yes, Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother, and if she wants to take her to NYC, she can. It's not like she's moving 1/2 way around the world. NYC & Salem aren't that far away. If Wilson acted like normal humans & not entitled ones, they'd realize that they could probably sit down with Gabi & figure out some sort of visitation schedule. Besides which, didn't Will just come back from a trip to California regarding a writing job (or something like that)? Why is he allowed to go to California, but Gabi isn't allowed to go to NYC??
Seriously. This drives me crazy, and I don't even like Gabi. That baby is not legally bound to Salem.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 16 2013, 12:29 AM
Supergirlx2
Seriously. This drives me crazy, and I don't even like Gabi. That baby is not legally bound to Salem.
Apparently, whatever Wilson want, Wilson must get. When did Will & Sonny become such sanctimonious asses???

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sami,butt out.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:42 AM
lysie
Supergirlx2
Apparently, whatever Wilson want, Wilson must get. When did Will & Sonny become such sanctimonious asses???
Seriously?? First of all, that's not even close to a fair comparison. Will went to California for a week, he didn't move there. Second, I personally consider 800 miles a little far away. I am also bothered by your terminology. "Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother", like Will is just a sperm donor not her father and Gabi's relationship with Ari is the only one that matters. Also, you say Will should get "visitation" with his daughter. No, it should be joint and equal custody, half of the year with Gabi and half with Will. Will and Sonny are being accused of being entitled before they even know the truth about this modeling contract. Gabi, on the other hand, knows what it entails and didn't say a word. She could also realize that they could probably sit down and figure out a custody agreement. I bet if Will got offered a scholarship to Berkley and he and Sonny decided to move to California and take Ari with them, you wouldn't say "if he wants to take her to Cali, he can and Gabi needs to just go sit down." And guess what, I would agree with you. Neither one should be able to do that. I don't consider Will not wanting Gabi to move with Ari to NY being entitled, I call it being a loving father who doesn't want to be separated from his daughter. I find it amazing people are finding fault with that especially, as I referenced above, if it was Will considering taking Ari away, he and Sonny would be considered even bigger "asses".

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

stormymac
Nov 16 2013, 01:39 AM
Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:42 AM
lysie
Supergirlx2
Seriously?? First of all, that's not even close to a fair comparison. Will went to California for a week, he didn't move there. Second, I personally consider 800 miles a little far away. I am also bothered by your terminology. "Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother", like Will is just a sperm donor not her father and Gabi's relationship with Ari is the only one that matters. Also, you say Will should get "visitation" with his daughter. No, it should be joint and equal custody, half of the year with Gabi and half with Will. Will and Sonny are being accused of being entitled before they even know the truth about this modeling contract. Gabi, on the other hand, knows what it entails and didn't say a word. She could also realize that they could probably sit down and figure out a custody agreement. I bet if Will got offered a scholarship to Berkley and he and Sonny decided to move to California and take Ari with them, you wouldn't say "if he wants to take her to Cali, he can and Gabi needs to just go sit down." And guess what, I would agree with you. Neither one should be able to do that. I don't consider Will not wanting Gabi to move with Ari to NY being entitled, I call it being a loving father who doesn't want to be separated from his daughter. I find it amazing people are finding fault with that especially, as I referenced above, if it was Will considering taking Ari away, he and Sonny would be considered even bigger "asses".
Arianna's still an infant. She's still being breastfed, which is why her needing to be with Gabi trumps her need to be with Will. I never said that Will's relationship with Ari doesn't matter. However they're acting like she shouldn't take the modeling contract because that would mean that Ari would no longer be with them all the time. Also, she signed the contract earlier in the day. It's not like she's been hiding the fact that she's moving to NYC for weeks on end. Was she supposed to call them the millisecond she finished crossing every Ts & dotting every I? Or was she supposed to consult them prior to signing the contract to see if she had their approval to pursue modeling again?
There's nothing wrong with Will being a loving father who dislikes the idea of being separated from his daughter, but the fact that he & Sonny go along with Sami (who really needs to butt out of her grown son's life - but that's a different discussion altogether) to plot against Gabi & basically force her to stay in Salem, thus keeping Ari in Salem does make him an ass. Has he even read the contract, or did he just see that she signed one? Maybe the contract is only for a few months. Also, what if Will had been offered an amazing job in California while he was there? We can't know if he wouldn't have taken the job & told Gabi that he was hoping they would all move to California with him. And we can't know if he would've said no to the job because Ari & Gabi were in Salem.
Visitation schedule = custody agreement, in my prior statement.
What exactly is 800 miles away? Salem & NYC? Salem doesn't even exist in a specific state, so you can't say exactly how far it is between the two. What we do know is that Salem & NYC aren't that far away.

jwsel
Member Avatar

We have to remember that this is Days, where women rarely have career goals and storyline after storyline emphasizes the need for younger women to: (1) find a man; and (2) fulfill their lives by having children. I understand that family is a core theme of Days, but it would be refreshing to have a female character or two who says is okay with being childless -- maybe even by choice like so many women today -- and is not demonized, depressed or crazed by not having kids. Maybe we also could get some young women with career aspirations who actually have goals beyond getting together with some guy.

Hugo
Member Avatar

I wish Will could fight his own battles, he always needs his mother or his boyfriend to stand up for him.
That's why I haven't been able to really embrace the character.

camera shy

Hugo
Nov 16 2013, 04:36 AM
I wish Will could fight his own battles, he always needs his mother or his boyfriend to stand up for him.
That's why I haven't been able to really embrace the character.
Yes! And I'm sure EJ will work himself into the picture......probably threatening Gabi and winning points with Sami.

michr544125

Supergirlx2
I do agree about Sami. Once again this is all about her. Will, Gabi and Sonny are grown adults. Sami's involvement should be minimal at best but of course this going to be largely about her. But I disagree about the rest of what you are saying. Gabi has rights but so does Will. Gabi needs to grow up and quit acting like her normal selfish and immature self What is in the best interest of her child is not moving away to New York on her own. She will not be able to devote the time to Ari in that type of job. Ari would be better off in Salem with Will and Sonny, who can devote more time to her. Even if Gabi doesn't decide to move to NY, she is contemplating it and owed it to Will to be up front to to him. I hope this makes Will realize that maybe custody needs to be established because as it is right now, Gabi can up and go any time she wants to with Gabi. If Gabi was truly putting the best interest of Ari first, she would sit down and have a mature conversation with Will about this and they could jointly discuss what's best for Ari. Instead she neglected to tell Will the entire truth.

I have issues also with people acting like Will is just a sperm donor and Gabi can do whatever she wants because she is the mother. Things are different today. Many fathers are the ones that spend the most time with their children and can take better care of them vs. the mother. Plus the legal system may not be completely equal but it's not just an automatic that the mother wins out anymore.

Though, I get the feeling it won't even matter. She will probably be attacked by Nick and all of this will be forgotten. Just as Will and Sonny will probably fight over this and it will all be blown over as if it never happened. I get the feeling Sonny is going to be pissed at Will for once again not fighting and right away saying he will move to NY. While that is thinking of Ari first, that is something he should be talking to Sonny about first, especially since it seems they soon going to be engaged. Will should realize or at least consider that it's in Ari's best interest to be in a loving home with him and Sonny that are in a committed relationship and can devote the time to Ari that she needs and also allow her to be around other family members that can also look after Ari.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 16 2013, 08:28 AM.

SadieEsperanto

Just to clarify...

Was it made clear recently that Arianna is still breastfed? I don't remember that being said.

Also, Gabi hasn't signed the contract yet. If you've seen the other promo for this storyline, it appears that she never does, whether by choice or because somebody (Sonny, most likely) blackmails her into staying.

Bottom line is that it doesn't make Will entitled or an asshole to want to be with his daughter. It makes him a parent.

lysie
Member Avatar

SadieEsperanto
Nov 16 2013, 11:31 AM
Just to clarify...

Was it made clear recently that Arianna is still breastfed? I don't remember that being said.

Also, Gabi hasn't signed the contract yet. If you've seen the other promo for this storyline, it appears that she never does, whether by choice or because somebody (Sonny, most likely) blackmails her into staying.

Bottom line is that it doesn't make Will entitled or an asshole to want to be with his daughter. It makes him a parent.
No. Not wanting her to leave is not what makes him an entitled asshole. It's everything that's aired up until now in regards to Gabi that makes him that. Will wasn't a sperm donor and Gabi wasn't an incubator.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

jwsel
Nov 16 2013, 03:21 AM
We have to remember that this is Days, where women rarely have career goals and storyline after storyline emphasizes the need for younger women to: (1) find a man; and (2) fulfill their lives by having children. I understand that family is a core theme of Days, but it would be refreshing to have a female character or two who says is okay with being childless -- maybe even by choice like so many women today -- and is not demonized, depressed or crazed by not having kids. Maybe we also could get some young women with career aspirations who actually have goals beyond getting together with some guy.
Yes. Someone like Nicole never should have wanted kids. Completely out of character for her.

SadieEsperanto

lysie
Nov 16 2013, 11:39 AM
SadieEsperanto
Just to clarify...

No. Not wanting her to leave is not what makes him an entitled asshole. It's everything that's aired up until now in regards to Gabi that makes him that. Will wasn't a sperm donor and Gabi wasn't an incubator.
Although I'm not one of them, I can appreciate those who share your opinion on him. I was just having a hard time seeing how this particular bit of story made him anything other than a young father who loves his kid.

lysie
Member Avatar

SadieEsperanto
Nov 16 2013, 11:46 AM
lysie
Nov 16 2013, 11:39 AM
SadieEsperanto
Just to clarify...

Although I'm not one of them, I can appreciate those who share your opinion on him. I was just having a hard time seeing how this particular bit of story made him anything other than a young father who loves his kid.
For me, it's just that they jump to it too fast. She's just thinking right now. There's no need to panic, and despite the way they all act, Gabi has been good about working things out with Will from the beginning, even when Nick was manipulating things. Everyone else freaking out and involving themselves is what helped make things go so badly the last time. It doesn't much matter because it's all a plot point anyway, but these are the kinds of things days screws up in custody stories all the time, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply