Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (11/18/13)
Topic Started: Nov 15 2013, 10:17 PM (1,964 Views)
ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Nov 16 2013, 11:46 AM
jwsel
Nov 16 2013, 03:21 AM
We have to remember that this is Days, where women rarely have career goals and storyline after storyline emphasizes the need for younger women to: (1) find a man; and (2) fulfill their lives by having children. I understand that family is a core theme of Days, but it would be refreshing to have a female character or two who says is okay with being childless -- maybe even by choice like so many women today -- and is not demonized, depressed or crazed by not having kids. Maybe we also could get some young women with career aspirations who actually have goals beyond getting together with some guy.
Yes. Someone like Nicole never should have wanted kids. Completely out of character for her.
I could go either way on this. When she first started on Days and was into modeling, perhaps. But at this point, it makes sense that she wants kids. She wants the family life that she never had growing up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 16 2013, 12:29 AM
Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:25 AM
this whole "We must team up to keep Gabi from moving to NYC" storyline is so stupid. It's just another way to make Gabi look evil, & continue writing Wilson as high & mighty. So what if Nick was the one behind getting Gabi the job in NYC. If she didn't want it, she didn't have to take it. Wilson need to just go sit down. Yes, Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother, and if she wants to take her to NYC, she can. It's not like she's moving 1/2 way around the world. NYC & Salem aren't that far away. If Wilson acted like normal humans & not entitled ones, they'd realize that they could probably sit down with Gabi & figure out some sort of visitation schedule. Besides which, didn't Will just come back from a trip to California regarding a writing job (or something like that)? Why is he allowed to go to California, but Gabi isn't allowed to go to NYC??
Seriously. This drives me crazy, and I don't even like Gabi. That baby is not legally bound to Salem.
Unfortunately, as long as Sami is in Salem, poor Arianna will be legally bound to Salem which IMO is ridiculous.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I would have infinitely preferred seeing a promo about Theresa and her parents coming to town than promo # 78906534 about Sami. Seriously it's amazing to me how this show has almost glossed over her almost dying of an overdose and her parents, one of the golden supercouples of the 1980's are coming to town to help her. Highlighting this fact in a promo might have been a good way to get some lapsed viewers back watching the show.

Will is Sami and Lucas's son and Kate Roberts grandson. Freddie is the grand-nephew of Victor Kiriakis. Neither needs Sami's involvement in figuring out how to handle this situation.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

magicsteacher
Nov 16 2013, 12:30 PM
lysie
Nov 16 2013, 12:29 AM
Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:25 AM
this whole "We must team up to keep Gabi from moving to NYC" storyline is so stupid. It's just another way to make Gabi look evil, & continue writing Wilson as high & mighty. So what if Nick was the one behind getting Gabi the job in NYC. If she didn't want it, she didn't have to take it. Wilson need to just go sit down. Yes, Arianna is Will's biological child, but Gabi is the mother, and if she wants to take her to NYC, she can. It's not like she's moving 1/2 way around the world. NYC & Salem aren't that far away. If Wilson acted like normal humans & not entitled ones, they'd realize that they could probably sit down with Gabi & figure out some sort of visitation schedule. Besides which, didn't Will just come back from a trip to California regarding a writing job (or something like that)? Why is he allowed to go to California, but Gabi isn't allowed to go to NYC??
Seriously. This drives me crazy, and I don't even like Gabi. That baby is not legally bound to Salem.
Unfortunately, as long as Sami is in Salem, poor Arianna will be legally bound to Salem which IMO is ridiculous.
But CB is leaving the show in January. If Gabi doesn't die, then it would make sense that she would leave Salem with Ari, even if there's a full-on custody battle in court. There's nothing that has happened that would make Gabi an unfit mother, and courts most often give primary custody to the mother. I don't see Gabi agreeing to leave Ari behind if she leaves Salem. But further discussion on what will happen with Ari when Gabi exits can be saved for 3-4 months from now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I just know that is the cutest babies :wub2:

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Supergirlx2
Nov 16 2013, 12:54 PM
But CB is leaving the show in January. If Gabi doesn't die, then it would make sense that she would leave Salem with Ari, even if there's a full-on custody battle in court. There's nothing that has happened that would make Gabi an unfit mother, and courts most often give primary custody to the mother. I don't see Gabi agreeing to leave Ari behind if she leaves Salem. But further discussion on what will happen with Ari when Gabi exits can be saved for 3-4 months from now.
This is sort of off topic but I can't remember--does Will or anyone else know about Gabi's involvement in the Melnapping?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Sable Colby
Nov 18 2013, 01:56 AM
Supergirlx2
This is sort of off topic but I can't remember--does Will or anyone else know about Gabi's involvement in the Melnapping?
Chad does. But i don't think he ever told anyone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stormymac
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 18 2013, 02:03 AM
Sable Colby
Nov 18 2013, 01:56 AM
Supergirlx2
Chad does. But i don't think he ever told anyone.
Also EJ, Sonny, Justin, & Nick. By the way, completely off topic, Supergirlx2, where is your fabulous avi from? If this has been asked and answered before, I apologize.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply