Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Briana Nicole Henry Joins the Cast as Esmerelda
Topic Started: Nov 16 2013, 01:55 PM (3,593 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

New Friend for Summer

Posted Image

Remember that casting notice a little while back looking for a model? Well Soaps In Depth has learned exclusively that Briana Nicole Henry has been cast in the recurring role as Summer's new model pal, Esmerelda! Look for her to take Summer under her wing during a modeling session on Thursday, December 12! (And for trouble to no doubt ensue shortly thereafter!)

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/11/new-friend-for-summer.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

(And for trouble to no doubt ensue shortly thereafter!)

Without a doubt! :popcorn:

Sandell

She is very pretty..

thanks..

OliveAnn

That's not how you spell that name, Y&R writers!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Esmeralda?

ratfink
Member Avatar

Suzanne - Susanne, Linda - Lynda, :shrug: lots of different ways to spell names... :shrug:

OliveAnn

ratfink
Nov 16 2013, 08:50 PM
Suzanne - Susanne, Linda - Lynda, :shrug: lots of different ways to spell names... :shrug:
Esmeralda is a Hispanic name and Hispanic names have no ambiguities in spelling. Juana is always with one N. Estefania is always with an f, not a ph. Esmeralda has two as and two es. Any deviation means that people don't have a clue about the origin of the name.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I don't think it means 2 figs to the writers Olive.
I just happened to know how to spell it.
Kathleen is an Irish name but spelt differently too.

sonemfan4life

OliveAnn
Nov 17 2013, 04:32 AM
ratfink
Esmeralda is a Hispanic name and Hispanic names have no ambiguities in spelling. Juana is always with one N. Estefania is always with an f, not a ph. Esmeralda has two as and two es. Any deviation means that people don't have a clue about the origin of the name.
Sorry Olive but you're wrong plenty of Spanish names have various spellings and this is one of them

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Esmeralda

OliveAnn

sonemfan4life
Nov 30 2013, 03:39 PM
OliveAnn
ratfink
Sorry Olive but you're wrong plenty of Spanish names have various spellings and this is one of them

Ask any Spanish-speaking person and they'll tell you half of those variants are incorrect. Trust me. I've checked. People have told me that the name means 'emerald' in Spanish and spelling it any other way does not contain the same meaning, but is just - I guote - "gibberish".

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Dec 1 2013, 04:29 PM
sonemfan4life
Nov 30 2013, 03:39 PM
OliveAnn
ratfink

Ask any Spanish-speaking person and they'll tell you half of those variants are incorrect. Trust me. I've checked. People have told me that the name means 'emerald' in Spanish and spelling it any other way does not contain the same meaning, but is just - I guote - "gibberish".
Does it really make that big a difference? It's a soap opera, not a legal document.
People can spell names anyway they want, there is no law that Esmarelda be spelled a certain way.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think they should just change her name to Josephine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply