Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Announces Fan Event at Universal Studios CityWalk
Topic Started: Oct 6 2013, 10:24 AM (2,436 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Wow... Ali is actually going to be there this year. I remember how she bowed out at the last minute last time they had this event.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

magicsteacher
Oct 9 2013, 08:19 PM
Wow... Ali is actually going to be there this year. I remember how she bowed out at the last minute last time they had this event.
Right. Not too late for that to happen again.

quesla

The Room Stops
Oct 9 2013, 04:23 PM
Deidre, check.
Drake, waiting impatiently and in hopes of good news.
I don't think it is good news not for us J & M fans, just saw something about his house being in escrow and one of his girls moved to Indiana

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Looks like James Scott, Casey Moss, Judi Evans and Wally Kurth are also attending, for those interested...

Posted Image
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Oct 16 2013, 09:23 PM.

Kriss4

Well, yay!

Somebody get video of the Q&A, please?

Heck, get video of everyone!

juniperberry

Haven't been to one of these in years, are they worth the money?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

juniperberry
Oct 28 2013, 11:09 AM
Haven't been to one of these in years, are they worth the money?
This particular event is free of charge.

Brewster
Member Avatar

I wish I could go to this one. The DOD events always looks like such a chaotic bunch of fun.

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

quesla
Oct 9 2013, 10:52 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 9 2013, 04:23 PM
Deidre, check.
Drake, waiting impatiently and in hopes of good news.
I don't think it is good news not for us J & M fans, just saw something about his house being in escrow and one of his girls moved to Indiana
Happy to say it's great news! Drake's back on the show and he'll be attending DOD! :)

nolagirl
Member Avatar

:shithitfan: Well considering the way the cast is listed in attendance it shows who is valued and who is not, if they don't do it alphabetically then they should consider doing it by tenure. Yes we get it Day's AS is YOUR star, but honestly brand new actors names placed in front of vets, but then with Day's I expect nothing less they spit on any fans that are not AS's.

michr544125

For those that went in the past, do fans actually get an opportunity to speak with the actors and take pictures with them?

Mirage75
Member Avatar

U can speak with them for a few seconds, depending on how fast the line is going. And u can get a picture,but the people in charge of that actors will push the line along. But it's a fun event.

michr544125

Mirage75
Oct 28 2013, 02:36 PM
U can speak with them for a few seconds, depending on how fast the line is going. And u can get a picture,but the people in charge of that actors will push the line along. But it's a fun event.
Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like a fun event, if I lived closer. Not my kind of thing to travel far to barely get time with the actors.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I'm wondering, they will probably show the second Sweeps promo at the event? Because usually DAYS has made two of them, one at the start of Sweeps and one after two weeks. Which basically means that the first promo should come this week.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 28 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm wondering, they will probably show the second Sweeps promo at the event? Because usually DAYS has made two of them, one at the start of Sweeps and one after two weeks. Which basically means that the first promo should come this week.
They're saying that they will. However, at the one in Orlando last year, they said they'd do a promo and they didn't. And uh...I think it's because they forgot. Seriously. I asked, and they looked at me blankly before saying something about theme park rules.

trojangal
Member Avatar

michr544125
Oct 28 2013, 01:09 PM
For those that went in the past, do fans actually get an opportunity to speak with the actors and take pictures with them?
I have been to the DOD event at Universal /LA 3 times
it is a whole day of fun with the Red Carpet arrivals , Q& A, the episode/promo playing on the
jumbo-tron & meeting the various stars.

On the downside they have 2 sessions for meet & greet with groups of 4/5 stars. You will
in most cases line up & wait an hour or more for a few quick pictures & the chance to say
a few words to each star at the table. If you are really lucky you can get through the first line &
get into another line. The first time I went they cut off the first line we waited in at 300 people
but after we all complained the security guards let us be first to line up for the afternoon session.

So get there early & find out what table & where your faves will be & get in line.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

trojangal
Oct 28 2013, 09:43 PM
michr544125
Oct 28 2013, 01:09 PM
I have been to the DOD event at Universal /LA 3 times
it is a whole day of fun with the Red Carpet arrivals , Q& A, the episode/promo playing on the
jumbo-tron & meeting the various stars.

On the downside they have 2 sessions for meet & greet with groups of 4/5 stars. You will
in most cases line up & wait an hour or more for a few quick pictures & the chance to say
a few words to each star at the table. If you are really lucky you can get through the first line &
get into another line. The first time I went they cut off the first line we waited in at 300 people
but after we all complained the security guards let us be first to line up for the afternoon session.

So get there early & find out what table & where your faves will be & get in line.

i always tell first timers to day of days to get in the line of the actor you HAVE to meet than if time permitting go to next one they do cut the line fast and it is terrible to see fans miss out on fav stars

gina0383

I am looking forward to meeting my favorite stars. I am a huge fan of days of our lives. Also a big viewer. I watch every day.

lysie
Member Avatar

DR will be offering live coverage today, so be sure and follow us on a Twitter. If you see any other posts or tweets about it today, please post and discuss here. If someone could also bring the DR tweets here, that would be nice.

Kriss4

Pictures. Interviews. Q&A with everybody. Funny moments.

Hope a good time is had by all, including those of us who can't attend, but wait for word of our various favorites.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply