Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AW: George Reinholt Has Died; legendary Steve Frame of "Steve & Alice" supercouple fame
Topic Started: Nov 17 2013, 10:51 PM (798 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I just found out tonight on twitter that George Reinholt who is still well remembered for playing Steve Frame on Another World died last week of cancer. He also appeared on One Life to Live as Tony Lord, Viki's half-brother.

http://mcgfh.com/online-obituary/2013-11-george-reinholt/10074690

Quote:

Home: Essington, PA
Date of Death: November 11, 2013
Place of Birth: Philadelphia, PA
Birthdate: August 22, 1940
Biography
Popular soap opera star, George Reinholt, 73, of Essington, died of cancer on November 11, 2013 at the Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park. He was best known for creating the role of Steven Frame that he played on NBC's Another World from 1968 to 1975. For four of those years he had the highest TV-Q rating in Daytime Television. After he left the program over creative differences with management, he starred for two years as Tony Lord on ABC's One Life to Live. In 1994, he appeared on the CBS television broadcast: 50 Years of Soaps: An All Star Celebration. He was introduced by fellow actors Peter Bergmann of The Young and the Restless and Robin Strasser of Another World. The program marked his final appearance with his leading lady from Another World, the late Jacqueline Courtney.
Mr. Reinholt's acting career began in his teens at the Hedgerow Theatre in Rose Valley, PA. His principal mentors at Hedgerow were theatre founder, Jasper Deeter, and acting teacher, Rose Schulman. In New York, he starred as the young NAZI, Ernst Ludwig, with the original cast of Cabaret that included Joel Grey, Lotte Lenya and Jill Haworth. Ms. Lenya, a Jew who fled Germany in 1935 with her husband, famed composer Kurt Weill, signed a Cabaret poster for Mr. Reinholt with the inscription: "For Georgie Reinholt-the only Nazi I ever cared for. Love, Lenya."
Some other New York credits include a second Broadway appearance with Mr. Grey in The Grand Tour, G.B. Shaw's Misalliance at the Sheridan Square Playhouse, the original production of Fortune and Men's Eyes at the Actor's Playhouse and an Off-Broadway production of Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano.
Regional theatre credits included the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. where he performed with Jon Voigt, Jane Alexander and Robert Foxworth under the direction of Zelda Fichandler. At the Pasadena Playhouse he worked with his good friend and fellow Philadelphian, Imogene Coca. More recently, he performed at local venues including the Wilma Theatre and the Delaware Theatre Company.
Beginning in 1988, he started teaching acting with fellow professional actor, Jeanette Hartunian, at Interboro High School and the Barnstormers Theatre in Ridley Park. Other classes were conducted at two locations in Philadelphia. Students reported that Mr. Reinholt had the ability to enable anyone who possessed basic communication skills to give a credible performance in a scene.
Hobbies and Interests: A great story teller who was known as a renegade in the acting profession, he recently completed his memoir titled, Rogue Actor. Mr. Reinholt was also an authority on the writings of Dr. Sigmund Freud.
Survivors: Survivors include his dear friend and caretaker, Ann Marie Lincoln, and longtime friends Ruth Campbell and John Magee who edited his memoir.
Services: Services were private.
Arrangements by McCausland Garrity Marchesani Funeral Home
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting. Rest in Peace to a daytime legend.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

^This is really sad. So many of them gone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Very sad news. He was one of my childhood favorites. Steve and Alice are still one of my all-time favorite soap couples.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Very sad news. RIP Mr. Reinholt. :'( :'( :'(

jam6242
Member Avatar

I am glad he was able to finish his memoir. I'm looking forward to reading his version of events in the past.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply