Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, November 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 18 2013, 12:54 AM (12,965 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"What would you think if I told you.... I always wanted to hold you..."

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Aww, one of the original Supercouples. What a great way to start a week. :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-ebp29txc

jwsel
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 12:54 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
As beautiful as that wedding was -- and the Ava Maria montage was gorgeous -- it really felt like a let-down that Shane/Kim fans never got any build-up to the wedding like so many of the other supercouple weddings. After two years of torture, the writers basically just had the Gillian storyline end and then Shane said "well we have the church, so let's get hitched?" Considering that Justin and Adrienne got the big Greek wedding a few months later and Steve and Kayla had their boat wedding the following year (and Bo and Hope had the big England wedding), it seemed like Shane and Kim's wedding was almost an afterthought.

At the same time, the wedding did reveal some of Shane's hidden talents. The man not only managed to secretly plan and design Kim's dress, but he also did the ones for the bridesmaids. All of them were perfectly sized without any fittings. (And that included the dress intended for Hope, which Calliope wore.) Plus he had the good foresight to bring two different tuxes so he could wear a different one for the wedding to Kim than he had for the fake wedding to Gillian. Somewhere in Shane's past is an ISA mission in which he went undercover as a fashion designer.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
Is there a way for me to dislike just half the picture?

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 18 2013, 01:31 AM
lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
If you figure it out, let me know. ;)

Kriss4

Is that a remark on Kim or Shane?

I have mixed feelings on Kimberly. Sometimes she hits the right note. Other times, she's kind of over the top. I hope she tones it down some this time.

lysie
Member Avatar

I love Shane.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 01:32 AM
tomsawyer
Nov 18 2013, 01:31 AM
lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
If you figure it out, let me know. ;)
if you split the pic in half & post each half in a different post, you can like the Shane post & dislike the Kim post. ;)

Jason47
Member Avatar

SHANE, KIMBERLY & THERESA TOGETHER AGAIN...FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5,344 EPISODES!!

This Monday, November 18, "Days" fans will be seeing Shane, Kimberly and Theresa in the same scene, for the first time in over 21 years! This will be the first time the three characters have been in a scene together since October 7, 1992 (Episode # 6871). 5,344 episodes have aired since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqt-jPQJwp4

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 18 2013, 01:55 AM
I love Shane.
For Lysie's love of Shane, here's Shane's first episode script cast/set list & parking clearance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swimming Hole in Woodsy Area....hmmm, sounds like a lot of mosquitoes might be around there!!

Bo fans, I assume, would like to hang out with Bo in the Limbo Bushes!! :chee:
Edited by Jason47, Nov 18 2013, 02:06 AM.

Keith
Member Avatar

God, I love them.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 18 2013, 01:42 AM
Is that a remark on Kim or Shane?

I have mixed feelings on Kimberly. Sometimes she hits the right note. Other times, she's kind of over the top. I hope she tones it down some this time.
I know what you mean. I think Patsy's acting during the first few years was generally more restrained, but it seemed like, over time, she got such a positive response to the uber-emotional stuff that she had a greater tendency to play scenes overwrought when it wasn't necessary. But when it was warranted by the scene, she really delivered some amazing performances.

Her last appearance unfortunately felt very over the top in the first scenes with Shane, but I think a lot of that came from how quickly the reunion took place. I think her anger would have made sense if there had been a little more build-up, but we only had a scene or two of Kim before that and all she said about Shane was that he had disappeared. If you fanwank that she was pissed that he had disappeared without a word, that he had missed some important events in Jeannie's and Andrew's lives, and that he was not around to support her when she was undergoing cancer treatment (plus she probably was terrified that her soulmate was dead but couldn't admit that to herself), her fury when Shane just saunters into Salem and acts like nothing happened might seem more justified. But without any of that, she came off like a shrew.

Hopefully, this visit will be a little more restrained.

thepadange

A link to SON's article about CS and PP return, in case, somebody is interested. Not sure, but I don't remember seeing it posted on DR.
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/exclusive-charles-shaughnessy-and-patsy-pease-spill-details-about-their-days-appearance
Edited by thepadange, Nov 18 2013, 04:55 AM.

Kriss4

Thanks for that link!

Lots of interesting comments from Charlie and Patsy.

Keith
Member Avatar

It sounds like they'd both like to be around for longer. Damn it, DAYS. Do it.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Feels like a typical "TomSell return", we saw the same with Laura earlier this year and Carrie in early 2011.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I don't see why they can't be put on recurring & brought on for Christmas, Thanksgiving, the Fourth of July & the occasional Pub scene. It'd be hella fun to watch the Brady "kids" all grown up & talking about their own families, plus it might provide a gateway to bring some of their offspring to the canvas. I suppose & if/when Corday decides to go all MightyMouse and has a plan to save Days, he might consider something along those lines.

Posted Image
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Nov 18 2013, 07:50 AM.

kyle1

delete please
Edited by kyle1, Nov 18 2013, 05:22 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The original hunky Brit. My heart is full.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply