Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, November 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 18 2013, 12:54 AM (12,735 Views)
Keith
Member Avatar

Dearest GIF Queen,

I need a gif of the Shane/Jeannie scene outside.

Please and thank you.
Edited by Keith, Nov 18 2013, 10:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Today was a nice low key episode. It was a nice switch up from the intense drama of the last two weeks. The Ejustin scenes were humorous. Johnny and his light saber were funny. I even enjoyed Jennifer and JJ ( for some reason she looks so much better and is so much more likable without Dr. Tan around). It was good to see Shane and Kim with Theresa. And I liked how the Will/Gabby scenes are setting up for the next big story.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Kriss4
Nov 18 2013, 10:44 PM
Me too...but I must confess that I thought the Johnny/Harold light sabre scene was darling!

You could do a GIF of my moment, maybe? Please?
it's already done.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Keith
Dearest GIF Queen,

I need a gif of the Shane/Jeannie scene outside.

Please and thank you.
it's a long scene. is there a specific part of it you'd like?

marie1969

tomsawyer
Nov 18 2013, 02:28 PM
KAM
Nov 18 2013, 02:20 PM
Interesting combination of EJ conversations today: EJ saying 'no' after Justin asks if he cares about any of the consequences of the Bernardi fall out plus the 'prayer circle' comment about Eric and then Sami thanking him 'for seeming to care about Will.'

EJ's patent insincerity about any interest in other people's lives is one of the most authentic things about him.
I REALLY like that the group of people that EJ cares about is so small - it's basically just the Dimeras, and Sami and the kids (on that note, I do think his concern about Will is genuine because he's Sami's son). But beyond that, he doesn't give a fuck. And that includes not really caring about Sami's other relatives. That works for me. Especially since they don't give a shit about him either.

I could not have said it better myself. That is exactly how I want Ej written. Loving and protective of his samantha and their family and not giving a fuck about anyone else including the Bradys. I don't ever want Ej to change and become 'perfect' so he can be accepted by Ej's family. I actually like that they hate his guts and he does not give a two shit about it. It keep the relationship complicated with the added conflict.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 18 2013, 08:41 PM
Rosebud
Nov 18 2013, 08:20 PM
Nice to see Kim and Shane, but I just don't care about Jeanie. And why do her parents not call her by her name?

Am I suppose to believe that Sonny and Will are so stupid that they never considered that Gabi would need to move to a place that has a real market for modeling? Or is Salem the new fashion hotbed? :rolleyes: this whole story is so boring. People have to move for work all the time in this country. They work it out. What's the big deal?

Re: the bolded...because Theresa doesn't want to be called Jeanie, and they respect her decision? Kids choose to use different names all of the time.

Re: the italicized...you're supposed to believe that Will and Sonny foolishly trust Gabi enough to believe that she would never even consider taking poor Arianna away from a loving father for no other reason than to pursue a modeling career that she was insisting a few weeks ago that she no longer cared about and that she definitely didn't consider to be nearly as important as doing what was right for Arianna. And that they especially believe that if there were some glaringly important detail of the contract that they had every right to know -- like, oh, I don't know, the part about her moving Arianna to a strange new city, far away from the many loving family members that Arianna has in Salem, not to mention Arianna's father -- that Gabi would be a decent enough human being to share that information with them right away instead of being shady and evasive about the whole thing because she knows that what she is considering is wrong.
I was really surprised that Gabi actually attempted to seek custody advice from Justin. Is she for real? This whole storyline is dumb. How can anyone believe that a modelling agency will go to all this length for unestablished model who happens to be a mother of an infant. I just want this stupid story to end. I don't want to deal with anymore S/L about poor Gabi and her trials and tribulations. Gabi is such a selfish person who always acts like she's innocent and people fall for her act all the time, specially Will. She manipulated him and stood by while her homophobic husband blackmailed him and yet, she came out of that like she was a victim of Nick's machinations. I really dislike Nick but Gabi is worse.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Supergirlx2
Nov 18 2013, 02:52 PM
six
Nov 18 2013, 01:31 PM
I really miss Bo right now.
I need Kim to ask Hope about Bo or for Hope to ask Shane about Bo. You can't tell me that Shane & Kim travel to Salem & no one takes even one moment to mention Bo.
Hopefully Shane doesn't HAVE to ask! Hopefully he KNOWS where Bo is!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Nov 18 2013, 11:31 PM
Supergirlx2
six
I need Kim to ask Hope about Bo or for Hope to ask Shane about Bo. You can't tell me that Shane & Kim travel to Salem & no one takes even one moment to mention Bo.
I didn't say that Shane had to ask Hope. I said Kim asks Hope or Hope asks Shane. As for knowing where Bo is, he may not know where Bo is (& maybe doesn't want Hope to find out that Bo is missing).

Jason47
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 18 2013, 09:23 PM
Rosebud
Nov 18 2013, 09:06 PM
Will&Sonny
Rosebud
Nice to see Kim and Shane, but I just don't care about Jeanie. And why do her parents not call her by her name?

Re: the bolded...because Theresa doesn't want to be called Jeanie, and they respect her decision? Kids choose to use different names all of the time.

I've never known a kid to change their name to something completely different. Sure, maybe to their middle name or to a nickname, but to an entirely different name, nope. I just will never get the whole Theresa thing.
From what I recall (and it is backed up here, although I realize that site, like Wikipedia, can be inaccurate at times), Theresa is her middle name. Now, whether that is a retcon or not is another matter entirely -- one that I am not qualified to debate because that era of the show was before my time -- but I distinctly remember that it was mentioned when Theresa first arrived in Salem that she was going by her middle name.

Also, I find it ironic that, based on the information on the page that I linked above, we're having this conversation about a person who is herself named after someone who went by a nickname that was completely different than their birth name.
Theresa became her middle name when she joined the show in 2013.

I just checked the Internet Archive page (from 2012) for the link you mentioned at Soap Central:

As you notice, on the page from 2012: https://web.archive.org/web/20120716071522/http://soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/jeannie.php

there is no mention of Theresa on the page. That was all added in 2013 when Jen Lilley joined the show.

Kriss4

Supergirlx2
Nov 18 2013, 11:01 PM
Kriss4
Me too...but I must confess that I thought the Johnny/Harold light sabre scene was darling!

it's already done.
The moment with all the Bradys in the pub, with Roman, Caroline, Kayla, and Hope?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Today was boring. Its like all the wind went out of the sails.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 19 2013, 12:04 AM
Supergirlx2
Kriss4

it's already done.
The moment with all the Bradys in the pub, with Roman, Caroline, Kayla, and Hope?

which moment in particular??

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I must be the oddball. I didn't find today boring in the slightest. Besides, every soap opera episode can't be at a Level 10 in intensity every single day. Story/character building episodes are the cornerstone & foundation of the genre.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 19 2013, 12:41 AM
I must be the oddball. I didn't find today boring in the slightest. Besides, every soap opera episode can't be at a Level 10 in intensity every single day. Story/character building episodes are the cornerstone & foundation of the genre.
You're not. I liked it too. The Brady intervention was the best part. I also liked the Ejami scenes because their interaction was different than their typical loving or screaming. We also got some unique groupings like Gabi/Justin, JJ/Kim/Shane. It wasn't the drama of last week, but it was solid.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Finally got home from work and got to see today's episode. It was great to see Shane and Kim and I really liked the interactions with Jeannie Theresa. They felt like a real family. The little looks she exchanged with Kim and the way she tried to play Shane spoke volumes about her relationships with them in the past without needing to go into a lot of details.

Other great things.

Seeing some classic Shane-isms -- the finger pointing and "young lady." That felt a lot more like Shane than his last visit. Charles Shaughnessy has said he would love to do more Days. Please make it happen.

Patsy Pease looked so much better than she has in her prior visits, though she obviously still has issues with her back. I also thought she kept her acting more restrained.

Loved Kayla being blunt.

"my wife Kim"? Finally some confirmation that Shane and Kim are together after three years. (But why isn't Kim wearing a ring? That's kind of a bad wardrobe error. Or doesn't Kristian have 10,000 pieces of jewelry lying around that they could have stuck on Patsy's finger?)?

Then there was the not so great.

Winston. At least he only had a few lines I couldn't understand.

The JJ/Shane/Kim scene was bizarre. I could take JJ being awkward, but it was the weird way that Shane and Kim were grinning during the whole scene that seemed so odd. And they couldn't just call Jennifer? Why?

And then there is the horrid:

Why do we need Jennifer in the story at all? It's just so unnecessary. And that scene with Debbie Downer about the "cool kids"? :eyeroll:
Edited by jwsel, Nov 19 2013, 01:23 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 19 2013, 12:41 AM
I don't think you're the oddball, but I sure wish you were.

Will&Sonny

Kaha
Nov 18 2013, 11:27 PM
Will&Sonny
Rosebud

Am I suppose to believe that Sonny and Will are so stupid that they never considered that Gabi would need to move to a place that has a real market for modeling? Or is Salem the new fashion hotbed? :rolleyes: this whole story is so boring. People have to move for work all the time in this country. They work it out. What's the big deal?

Re: the italicized...you're supposed to believe that Will and Sonny foolishly trust Gabi enough to believe that she would never even consider taking poor Arianna away from a loving father for no other reason than to pursue a modeling career that she was insisting a few weeks ago that she no longer cared about and that she definitely didn't consider to be nearly as important as doing what was right for Arianna. And that they especially believe that if there were some glaringly important detail of the contract that they had every right to know -- like, oh, I don't know, the part about her moving Arianna to a strange new city, far away from the many loving family members that Arianna has in Salem, not to mention Arianna's father -- that Gabi would be a decent enough human being to share that information with them right away instead of being shady and evasive about the whole thing because she knows that what she is considering is wrong.
I was really surprised that Gabi actually attempted to seek custody advice from Justin. Is she for real? This whole storyline is dumb. How can anyone believe that a modelling agency will go to all this length for unestablished model who happens to be a mother of an infant. I just want this stupid story to end. I don't want to deal with anymore S/L about poor Gabi and her trials and tribulations. Gabi is such a selfish person who always acts like she's innocent and people fall for her act all the time, specially Will. She manipulated him and stood by while her homophobic husband blackmailed him and yet, she came out of that like she was a victim of Nick's machinations. I really dislike Nick but Gabi is worse.
I'll never forget the fact that Gabi slept with Nick for the first time moments after he revealed his homophobia to her and condemned Will and Sonny's lifestyle. It was like it was foreplay for her.

Will&Sonny

Sweet and Salty
Nov 18 2013, 11:31 PM
Supergirlx2
six
Personally, I thought that today would have been the perfect opportunity for a "Bo wishes that he could have been here to show his support, but he's [insert whatever excuse the writers want to insert here]" comment from Kayla (or Hope, or whomever, but Kayla was the person who was talking during the specific part of the episode that I would have inserted that line into, during the scene where the Bradys were talking to Kimberly inside the pub while Shane and Theresa were talking outside).
Edited by Will&Sonny, Nov 19 2013, 02:28 AM.

Donovanfan

jwsel
Nov 19 2013, 01:03 AM
Finally got home from work and got to see today's episode. It was great to see Shane and Kim and I really liked the interactions with Jeannie Theresa. They felt like a real family. The little looks she exchanged with Kim and the way she tried to play Shane spoke volumes about her relationships with them in the past without needing to go into a lot of details.

Other great things.

Seeing some classic Shane-isms -- the finger pointing and "young lady." That felt a lot more like Shane than his last visit. Charles Shaughnessy has said he would love to do more Days. Please make it happen.

Patsy Pease looked so much better than she has in her prior visits, though she obviously still has issues with her back. I also thought she kept her acting more restrained.

Loved Kayla being blunt.

"my wife Kim"? Finally some confirmation that Shane and Kim are together after three years. (But why isn't Kim wearing a ring? That's kind of a bad wardrobe error. Or doesn't Kristian have 10,000 pieces of jewelry lying around that they could have stuck on Patsy's finger?)?

Then there was the not so great.

Winston. At least he only had a few lines I couldn't understand.

The JJ/Shane/Kim scene was bizarre. I could take JJ being awkward, but it was the weird way that Shane and Kim were grinning during the whole scene that seemed so odd. And they couldn't just call Jennifer? Why?

And then there is the horrid:

Why do we need Jennifer in the story at all? It's just so unnecessary. And that scene with Debbie Downer about the "cool kids"? :eyeroll:
Finally got to watch this episode as well, and I have literally been trying all day, and I wasn't going to post today because it's been a wretched day, week, month, butů

In this article http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/exclusive-charles-shaughnessy-and-patsy-pease-spill-details-about-their-days-appearance/2
Patsy asked about whether she should wear a ring or not and TPTB told her not to. But It looked like Shane was still wearing his. So who the hell knows if they are or aren't. I heard him say "my wife" without hesitation and I'm taking it for what it's worth.

Personally, I hate that Shane got thrown under the bus to give Theresa backstory. Not that I don't believe that Shane couldn't have screwed up, and been gone a lot, I just what have liked Theresa to have been able to handle it differently. I guess Philip wasn't much of a father figure either. But, all in all their "family" dynamic was very believable. Jen does really look like she could be their kid, and I think that helps a lot.

I also take issue with Kim being "fragile". What did that mean? And that only makes Shane look worse. He left her to deal with an out of control teenager when he knew she couldn't handle it? Really?

That aside, you could tell Charlie and Pasty ware in sync. The body language and mannerisms were all there. I'm finding a tv during lunch tomorrow, I don't care who I have to suck up to.
Edited by Donovanfan, Nov 19 2013, 03:02 AM.

Will&Sonny

Supergirlx2
Nov 19 2013, 12:33 AM
Kriss4
Nov 19 2013, 12:04 AM
Supergirlx2
Kriss4

it's already done.

which moment in particular??
Based on this post, I'm pretty sure that Kriss4 is referring to the scene that, according to my DVR, happens at the 33:24 mark (26:36 left in the episode), if that helps you at all.

Kriss4

I loved the moment in today's show when Roman, Caroline, Kayla, and Hope were standing together, arms around each other, looking hopeful as Shane and Kim left the pub.

Also, I have to say that, while I generally can't stand .gifs and think that they're one of the worst things about the Internet, that's just my somewhat cantankerous opinion and it is nevertheless extremely cool of you to go through the trouble of making all of these for people. I know enough about the process to know that, while it might be "easy" for you in the same way that practically anything is "easy" to people who know how to do said things, it's still not the simplest task in the world.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply