Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 19 2013, 12:11 AM (10,461 Views)
jwsel
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 19 2013, 10:57 PM
I don't know where the Jennifer I admired is.

It isn't that Theresa should be her favorite person. I wouldn't expect that, given Theresa's behavior. But Jennifer has never shown a smidgen of concern that Theresa almost died. Death is pretty permanent. The Jennifer I knew would have shown some compassion, in spite of the difficulties between them. Theresa was a big irritant...so?

And Jennifer's so sure she's right...telling Kayla that she doesn't think Theresa will turn it around. But she was a troubled young woman herself...and JJ's done all kinds of stuff and no one blinks about giving HIM a second and a third chance. Abby tried to break up a MARRIAGE and she got a second chance from everybody.

At least leave the Bradys with a little hope, Jennifer.

The Jennifer I admired would have tried to do that.

That's so dead on.

This Jennifer is such a judgmental bitch that she should be loathed. But because the show is shoving down our throat that she is the "heroine," of course, she will be proven right. So predictably, Jeannie Theresa will turn out to be playing everyone and will go back to her slutty, drug-addled ways.

I'm trying to figure out is what did Jeannie actually do to Jennifer? She mocked her about JJ, made her think she was more involved with JJ than she actually was, tried to embezzle the money from the hospital, and made it look like she was involved with Daniel. Am I forgetting anything else? Because I just don't understand Jennifer's "hate." You would think Jeannie was the spawn of Satan given the way Jennifer acted.

Speaking of Jeannie being someone's spawn, Jennifer's utter lack of consideration for Shane and Kim is something that completely pisses me off. Kim was responsible for getting the evidence that sent Lawrence to prison for raping Jennifer (and Shane and Jack confronted Lawrence with that evidence). Shane went to Alamainia, and was responsible for saving Jennifer and Jack twice -- from the island after the cruise wreck and in the mountains after the train crash. You would think Jennifer might have had some gratitude toward Shane and Kim to at least show them a little compassion before she launched her diatribe about Jeannie today. Or even better, maybe Jennifer might have considered them and made some effort to reach out to Jeannie when she first arrived. Instead, Jennifer wanted Jeannie gone the minute she was hired.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Finally saw today's show. It was pretty meh with all the Fetchiness and the stupidity of who gets to play judge and jury on this show. Jen gets to decide Theresa's fate???? Sonny gets to decide whether Gabi takes the job??? SMDH.

Other than that crap, T was completely charming, adorable, and funny. Seriously, Brendan has so much natural charisma, he's just fun to watch. I know I'm a broken record on this, but PLEASE PUT HIM ON CONTRACT!

Nick was pretty awesome in his typical subtle, manipulative way. I'm glad to see him and his bad self play a more prominent role again.

One last thing - did anybody think Will was being weird about the Eric thing? First, he said "everybody keeps saying" that Eric is a good guy. And then he told Sonny that "Eric claims" that Kristen drugged him. Maybe it was just CM's delivery, but it's like he's doubting Eric. I don't know, it was weird to me.
Edited by tomsawyer, Nov 20 2013, 12:47 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 19 2013, 11:29 PM
One last thing - did anybody think Will was being weird about the Eric thing? First, he said "everybody keeps saying" that Eric is a good guy. And then he told Sonny that "Eric says" that Kristen drugged him. Maybe it was just CM's delivery, but it's almost like he's doubting Eric. I don't know, it was weird to me.
I thought that dialogue was strange too. It was like Will didn't know Eric, which is ridiculous. Then I thought maybe it had to do with Eric being a priest and Will being gay. I believe they had one exchange where it came up, but IIRC, Eric handled it pretty well and didn't come off as if he was judging Will's sexuality.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Probably my least favorite episode since sweeps started!

Jenjen - I know JTeresa is a lying,druggie witch but You are BFF's with
Kristen after all she did to your mama :flipoff:
This is all about JTeresa & her involvement with JJ & Dan

Gabi- You really should have told Will what your plan entailed, now
It looks like you are a liar. Sonny, please mind your business & let Will
Fight his own battles.

Kate- Please don't start going down the "poison apple " route. Is Rafe really that good?

T- keep up the snark, I especially loved your line about Kristen lmao

Nick- I love creepy, calculating, crazy Nick too bad I see this ending badly
Edited by trojangal, Nov 19 2013, 11:41 PM.

zyona

Supergirlx2
Nov 19 2013, 03:06 PM

Now, if Will wants to take Gabi to court over custody because she wants to move to NYC with Arianna, be my guest. Gabi will win primary custody, since there isn't a single thing she's done since Arianna was born that would show that she's an unfit mother. And the courts tend to give primary custody to the mother during custody battles.
The courts giving mom custody is changing very quick. Since Will lives in Il he will have a good chance of become primary custody base on the eight factors. Also, since the tender years presumption is stricken, the court will not give Gabi primary custody. I think Ari will be better off with WilSon

Kriss4

Yeah. This Jennifer that we see nowadays? Sometimes I recognize the Jennifer I knew once upon a time...but most of the time, I just don't.

If I can't recognize her most of the time, that's a fail on the part of the writers. The Jennifer I see today is very much self-involved, worrying so much about the state of her relationship with Daniel that she doesn't take any time to really say hello to her old friends Shane and Kim...She tells Theresa she doesn't care about her at all...and it's pretty evident that it's true, since on the very day Theresa almost died, all Jennifer could do was call her names, even KNOWING what had happened.

I KNOW very well that Theresa has been awful, but not awful enough for Jennifer not to care if she's dead.

Jennifer's too self-centered for me now, and I never thought I would say that about her.

Kaha
Member Avatar

jwsel
Nov 19 2013, 11:22 PM
Kriss4
Nov 19 2013, 10:57 PM
I don't know where the Jennifer I admired is.

It isn't that Theresa should be her favorite person. I wouldn't expect that, given Theresa's behavior. But Jennifer has never shown a smidgen of concern that Theresa almost died. Death is pretty permanent. The Jennifer I knew would have shown some compassion, in spite of the difficulties between them. Theresa was a big irritant...so?

And Jennifer's so sure she's right...telling Kayla that she doesn't think Theresa will turn it around. But she was a troubled young woman herself...and JJ's done all kinds of stuff and no one blinks about giving HIM a second and a third chance. Abby tried to break up a MARRIAGE and she got a second chance from everybody.

At least leave the Bradys with a little hope, Jennifer.

The Jennifer I admired would have tried to do that.

That's so dead on.

This Jennifer is such a judgmental bitch that she should be loathed. But because the show is shoving down our throat that she is the "heroine," of course, she will be proven right. So predictably, Jeannie Theresa will turn out to be playing everyone and will go back to her slutty, drug-addled ways.

I'm trying to figure out is what did Jeannie actually do to Jennifer? She mocked her about JJ, made her think she was more involved with JJ than she actually was, tried to embezzle the money from the hospital, and made it look like she was involved with Daniel. Am I forgetting anything else? Because I just don't understand Jennifer's "hate." You would think Jeannie was the spawn of Satan given the way Jennifer acted.

Speaking of Jeannie being someone's spawn, Jennifer's utter lack of consideration for Shane and Kim is something that completely pisses me off. Kim was responsible for getting the evidence that sent Lawrence to prison for raping Jennifer (and Shane and Jack confronted Lawrence with that evidence). Shane went to Alamainia, and was responsible for saving Jennifer and Jack twice -- from the island after the cruise wreck and in the mountains after the train crash. You would think Jennifer might have had some gratitude toward Shane and Kim to at least show them a little compassion before she launched her diatribe about Jeannie today. Or even better, maybe Jennifer might have considered them and made some effort to reach out to Jeannie when she first arrived. Instead, Jennifer wanted Jeannie gone the minute she was hired.
Well, why should she care about Theresa and her fate since her parents don't give a damn about her. They could've talked to Jen Jen before they put their daughter in that position, but no, they made her gravel to a person she detests and then let her deal with her venom. What kind of parents put their daughter in that position? Not a fan of Mr. Sheffield and his creepy wife's parenting style.

As for Will's reaction to Eric's rape, it was really strange. The writers are really weird about the way they write about Will and his family. Will shows more compassion to Gabi and her bland brother than he shows his family. Why isn't he talking to his grandmother and giving her support or trying to find his uncle? What does he mean by "my uncle claimed?" Does he not believe his uncle? On a positive note though, at least he was weirded out by EJ's reaction?

trojangal
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 19 2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah. This Jennifer that we see nowadays? Sometimes I recognize the Jennifer I knew once upon a time...but most of the time, I just don't.

If I can't recognize her most of the time, that's a fail on the part of the writers. The Jennifer I see today is very much self-involved, worrying so much about the state of her relationship with Daniel that she doesn't take any time to really say hello to her old friends Shane and Kim...She tells Theresa she doesn't care about her at all...and it's pretty evident that it's true, since on the very day Theresa almost died, all Jennifer could do was call her names, even KNOWING what had happened.

I KNOW very well that Theresa has been awful, but not awful enough for Jennifer not to care if she's dead.

Jennifer's too self-centered for me now, and I never thought I would say that about her.
Not sure if it is a Fail on the writers part, I just think since Jen returned
In 2010 she is a very different character & that is what tptb want!

stormymac
Member Avatar

zyona
Nov 19 2013, 11:39 PM
Supergirlx2

Now, if Will wants to take Gabi to court over custody because she wants to move to NYC with Arianna, be my guest. Gabi will win primary custody, since there isn't a single thing she's done since Arianna was born that would show that she's an unfit mother. And the courts tend to give primary custody to the mother during custody battles.
The courts giving mom custody is changing very quick. Since Will lives in Il he will have a good chance of become primary custody base on the eight factors. Also, since the tender years presumption is stricken, the court will not give Gabi primary custody. I think Ari will be better off with WilSon
This is my biggest issue, the word primary. I have no problem with Gabi going to New York and I have no problem with Ari residing with her for half the time. Just as Gabi hasn't been shown to be unfit, neither has Will, so this should be about joint custody. All I have heard Gabi talk about is how this contract gives her the opportunity to come back to Salem with Ari once a month to visit and how Will can come visit them anytime in NYC. It's like Will is a family friend or a family member like an uncle or a grandparent rather than Ari's father with all of the same rights as Gabi. It's just assumed that her rights as Ari's mother supersedes those of Will's as her father. Both have the same rights so both should share custody.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Why don't we just cut the baby in half so that both Will & Gabi get an equal portion and just call it a day?

Ellie

I'm watching the Brady family scenes now and I don't mind the dialogue. The Bradys have always been stuck up sanctimonious jerks. This kind of fits in.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 20 2013, 12:30 AM
Why don't we just cut the baby in half so that both Will & Gabi get an equal portion and just call it a day?
Better yet, find out where the Dimeras get all of their extras of people and stock up on Baby Ariannas. One for Gabi, one for Will, one for Sami, one for Kate, a few for Sonny.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 19 2013, 03:42 PM
jb1183
Nov 19 2013, 02:53 PM
Rosebud
Nov 19 2013, 02:47 PM
Supergirlx2
Nov 19 2013, 02:09 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Not to mention how stupid they both are to think there are modeling jobs with big contracts in Salem, never considering it might be an out of town job.
Also not to mention that this is just what happens when a child has two parents who are not together as a couple. Negotiations have to be made in terms of living situations, etc. This is not a Sami situation of the mother trying to cut the father out of the child's life. You know if Will or Sonny had great opportunities out of town, they'd expect Gabi to accommodate their needs with regard to custody.
And why is it unthinkable that Gabi could simply leave the baby in Salem with Will for a time while she's starting the new job? And then the baby could spend a month with Gabi, then a month with Will, or summers with Gabi, or whatever. Don't millions of children do that kind of thing all over this country? Did Will and Gabi never consider these kind of things happening considering they aren't a conventional family?

The whole story is such a NON-STORY.
No. Infants aren't typically ordered to spend a month back and forth with their parents like they're yo-yos, they're people. Fathers don't even typically get overnight visitation for the first year at least. When they live in different states, the NCP usually gets day visits only.

Regardless of how they split their days, Gabi has been shown as her primary caregiver, and if there was a custody battle, the best Will could hope for would be Gabi required to pay for his transportation to visit her (if they use actual court precedence).

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

stormymac
Nov 20 2013, 12:24 AM
zyona
Supergirlx2

This is my biggest issue, the word primary. I have no problem with Gabi going to New York and I have no problem with Ari residing with her for half the time. Just as Gabi hasn't been shown to be unfit, neither has Will, so this should be about joint custody. All I have heard Gabi talk about is how this contract gives her the opportunity to come back to Salem with Ari once a month to visit and how Will can come visit them anytime in NYC. It's like Will is a family friend or a family member like an uncle or a grandparent rather than Ari's father with all of the same rights as Gabi. It's just assumed that her rights as Ari's mother supersedes those of Will's as her father. Both have the same rights so both should share custody.
Not across state lines. It's called primary custody because one parent has most time with the child. It is not common for an even split across state lines because it causes instability for the child.

Looking at it as Gabi vs Will isn't what a judge will do- they look at it as what's best for the child. And the best thing would be the person who is the primary caregiver continuing as such. Food, baths, play, bed. Who does that stuff? It seems like they have shown us that it is mainly Gabi. Will and Sonny are having fun playing house, but they aren't being shown to be equal parents. There is no custody agreement and Gabi and will were never married, so she can theoretically just do what she wants. If he goes to court over it- well, she moved there to provide for her child and has a contract that provides extremely well for her to parent.

Will (unemployed, lifetime student, changes majors frequently, connections to the dimeras) honestly wouldn't stand a chance.

Edit- of course we are talking about a fictional show that takes liberties with laws and processes, so anything could happen, that's just how reality would affect the situation.
Edited by Lady Evol, Nov 20 2013, 01:32 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Nov 20 2013, 01:31 AM
stormymac
zyona
Supergirlx2

Not across state lines. It's called primary custody because one parent has most time with the child. It is not common for an even split across state lines because it causes instability for the child.

Looking at it as Gabi vs Will isn't what a judge will do- they look at it as what's best for the child. And the best thing would be the person who is the primary caregiver continuing as such. Food, baths, play, bed. Who does that stuff? It seems like they have shown us that it is mainly Gabi. Will and Sonny are having fun playing house, but they aren't being shown to be equal parents. There is no custody agreement and Gabi and will were never married, so she can theoretically just do what she wants. If he goes to court over it- well, she moved there to provide for her child and has a contract that provides extremely well for her to parent.

Will (unemployed, lifetime student, changes majors frequently, connections to the dimeras) honestly wouldn't stand a chance.
Don't forget that Will's father was convicted of attempted murder and his mother was tried for murder twice, plus Will and his family have been the centerpiece of multiple shootings. Any lawyer Gabi hires would have a field day showing that Gabi's household would be more stable and safe than Will's.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

If someone stated this already, I apologize.

I think this gabi/sonny/will situation is the culmination of how things started from the beginning: Will and Sonny were together, and seem to talk about everything to a point where it's like they are Ari's parents and Gabi is the odd girl out emotionally. That's why it's so easy for Nick to weasel his way in. Gabi can't connect with Will and Sonny. In fact, Sonny doesn't like her that much (he has good reason, IMO, but still). So, when Gabi does something they don't like, she doesn't talk to them immediately and they find out in the worst possible circumstance. As much I wanted Gabi to tell Will and Sonny immediately about the contract, she was right to at least make sure the contract was good first. No point in ruffling feathers if it doesn't amount to anything. Also, we have seen that she cares about Will's relationship with Ari and is a factor in her thought process.

I'm not exactly on Team gabi, sonny or whatever because I haven't seen Wednesday's scenes yet and it's WAY premature to take a side on this. I think they are all trying to make it work. Sonny probably thinks Gabi is withholding important information from him and Will, and he's right so I get his anger. However, he doesn't know the reasoning behind it and hopefully Gabs will enlighten him.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 20 2013, 01:37 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 20 2013, 12:43 AM
I'm watching the Brady family scenes now and I don't mind the dialogue. The Bradys have always been stuck up sanctimonious jerks. This kind of fits in.
I can only speak for me, but that wasn't my issue with the dialogue at all. I didn't even think they were being sanctimonious. They definitely seem concerned, and while she did just OD, that makes sense; however, she's only been around a few months and we haven't really seen enough of how this truly affects her to really follow their concern. I had problems with things like "You've never OD'd before" and all this talk about LA like Salem and LA are the only two places on the planet. And honestly, Theresa is way too new of a character for them to already be at this point with her intervention. I don't remember anything else specifically, but I just really thought that the dialogue overall didn't make sense. It wouldn't have made sense, IMO, if they were being judgmental or not. It was just really bad. The connection between the actors is there, and they seem like a real family (which is hilarious considering some of the other families that we see interact constantly who don't even manage to pull off looking like a family). The dialogue and the story just aren't there.

jwsel
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 20 2013, 01:37 AM
Ellie
Nov 20 2013, 12:43 AM
I can only speak for me, but that wasn't my issue with the dialogue at all. I didn't even think they were being sanctimonious. They definitely seem concerned, and while she did just OD, that makes sense; however, she's only been around a few months and we haven't really seen enough of how this truly affects her to really follow their concern. I had problems with things like "You've never OD'd before" and all this talk about LA like Salem and LA are the only two places on the planet. And honestly, Theresa is way too new of a character for them to already be at this point with her intervention. I don't remember anything else specifically, but I just really thought that the dialogue overall didn't make sense. It wouldn't have made sense, IMO, if they were being judgmental or not. It was just really bad. The connection between the actors is there, and they seem like a real family (which is hilarious considering some of the other families that we see interact constantly who don't even manage to pull off looking like a family). The dialogue and the story just aren't there.
I think part of the problem is that we never saw any of the Salem family members do much with Jeannie Theresa before now, and there has been so little backstory that the "intervention" was too wishy-washy. Rehab and an ongoing program should have been part of Jeannie T's probation from the start, and she should have been subject to routine drug testing. That's a basic requirement for diversion for drug offenses. Characters like Hope, Kayla, and Roman should have been regularly checking on her.

But with that, we also should have gotten some more development of Jeannie T as a 3-dimensional person, not as the cartoon, druggie mean girl that torments Saint Jennifer with no real reason. Why couldn't she have been sent to court-ordered counseling with Marlena that let her reveal a little of her issues with Shane and Kim before the OD? Or why couldn't she have bonded with JJ when he was homeless so we could have had a few scenes like the ones where they talked about their parents? If Jeannie wanted to torment Jennifer, being JJ's confidante and friend (but pretending it was something more) would have been a real way to twist the knife. And Jeannie could have shown a slightly softer side so that the audience could see more layers, which is always more interesting than just having her be a bitch for no apparent reason.

Another problem with the scenes is that we don't know enough about Jeannie to know if she is playing her family or if she is being sincere. We haven't seen the history and we don't even know if she is telling the truth about not remembering the night of the OD. So when Shane and Kim say they have heard it before, maybe they have and maybe they haven't. And when Jeannie tearfully insists this time is different, how are we supposed to know if she is being believable? We as the audience have nothing to compare it to. And I think that is why a line like "You've never OD'd before" seems so strange. With the right context, it actually would be the perfect thing to say. The addict says, "Why are you being so tough on me?" and the parent responds, "well you nearly killed yourself this time, you idiot, and you never did that before." But we don't have enough background to really have that context. I think the actors are actually doing a very good job with the material, but there is only so much they can do with what little background we've been given. And that's a failure on the part of the writers to use the past four months to build up Jeannie T's character.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Albert Alarr
Scriptwriter: Carolyn Culliton

Segment 1: Repeat of JJ telling Jen Theresa's parents are in town and want to talk to her.

Repeat of Theresa assuming her parents are going to tell her if she's going back to California or not.

Kate is at the club getting coffee to go from Sonny. He asks if she's taking the coffee to Rafe at the hospital. T has arrived. Personally I think Rafe's got all he needs. Sonny asks T if he seen Rafe. T - No, didn't need to. I saw his physical therapist last night. Serious, I'm thinking of spraining my ankle just to get in on that action.

Rafe and Jordan are by the lake. Rafe was thinking of getting out of his chair and walking to the water's edge. Jordan tells him he will soon. You're getting stronger every day. He sees someone - I didn't know he was back. Hey Will! Will - Good to see you. Rafe - Yeah, you too. You're back already. Will - It was just a week. Rafe - How did it go? Will - It was great than I got back here and found out all hell had broken loose. Rafe - You're talking about Eric and what happened at Brady and Kristen's wedding. What a mess. Will - That's not all that happened though. Rafe - What are you talking about? Will - I'm guessing you haven't seen your sister lately.

Gabi and Ari are in the square. Gabi is reading her contract when Nick walks up and kisses her on the cheek. Gabi didn't see him there. Nick - You were reading your contract. Gabi - I just had a lawyer look this over. Nick - A lawyer? You mean Justin. Gabi - Yeah, the only lawyer I know. Nick - So does that mean Will and Sonny know you're moving to New York and taking Ari with you. Gabi - No they don't and Justin can't say anything but he did make me feel awful about even thinking about it. Honestly, maybe this is a mistake.

Jen - After everything that happened with Theresa I'm not surprised that Shane and Kimberley are in town. Did they say they wanted to talk to me about her? Dan shows up.

Theresa - OMG, you're doing it. Is that why you left? To call the judge and get my probation revoked. Shane - Theresa, we wouldn't do anything like that especially since there's still so much work to do. Kim - Honey, we almost lost you. We're not about to make that same mistake again. Theresa - Why won't anyone believe me when I say that I've seen the light. I'm going to go into a program okay and I know that I can't do that alone so what else do I have to say? Who do I have to convince that I'm on the level this time.

JJ - Theresa's parents told me that if you didn't have time to meet with them they want you to call. Jen - I will. This isn't really the place to talk about that. Maxine asks Dan about a patient. Dan checks the test results. Jen thanks JJ. I will take care of that. JJ is going to school. They say goodbye and he leaves. Jen checks her phone; no messages. As she walks past the nurses station she tells Maxine if anyone wants her she'll be out of the building for a while. Jen asks Dan if he has a minute. This really can't wait.

Segment 2: Caroline - I don't think you know how dear you are to us. Theresa - I love you too. Caroline - You are so dear that we are trying to do whatever it takes to help you. Theresa - But Grandma I keep telling you ... Caroline - I believe you mean it but time passes and the future comes along and the things that you found scary may not be so scary in the future. Theresa - You want me to go back to California with them too! Kayla - Theresa, for your own good, just listen to your Grandmother. She's pushed harder than anyone to give you a second chance. Theresa - Fine. I'll do whatever you want. I just don't want to go jail. Kim - Baby, none of us want that. Theresa - Why are we still talking about this. Come on, can't I just stay here.

Jen - I just wanted to talk to you about what happened at the wedding yesterday. Dan - The one that didn't happen. Jen - I assume you know what did happen. Dan - Yeah it was all over the internet. Jen - And you were Eric's doctor when he was drugged if that's when it was. Dan - It is. Jen - You know that? Dan - Proving it is next to impossible but yeah I have some ideas. Jen - I thought maybe it would be hard for him to reach out for help and you're just really good at that. So I thought if you could make the first move you could give him some support. Dan - I'll try and come up with something I can do. Jen - I think I feel naïve for believing Kristen. Dan - Yeah, she was really good at selling herself. Jen - Yeah, she really fooled me. One minute you think you know someone ... Dan - And it turns out you don't really know them at all.

Kate asks T how he met Rafe's therapist. T - Right here. I was bartending. Kate - Jordan was here? T - In all of her glory. Kate - I always think of her as all work and no play. T - Not last night because she was having a good time. Kate - Was she here with someone? T - Abigail and Gabi. Kate - It's nice that she's making friends. Maybe she'll be staying in Salem. God knows she's done wonders for Rafe. Kate has to leave. She asks Sonny to tell Will to call her. Outside Kate mutters - So you're meeting with Rafe's sister. What are you up to Jordan?

Rafe - What do I not know about my sister. Will - It's good news, I swear. I'll just let her tell you. Rafe - Okay. Rafe introduces Jordan and Will. Will - I saw you at the club for mom and EJ's engagement party. You guys are lucky you got out before the shooting happened. I'm glad it didn't scare you away though because Sonny told me you were there last night. Rafe - You were at the club? Jordan - Yeah. Will - She was hanging out with Gabi and Abby. Rafe - You were hanging out with my sister and I didn't know about it! Jordan - It really wasn't a big deal. Will - That's not what Gabi said.

Nick - You're not really having second thoughts are you. Gabi - This whole idea of taking Ari away from Will bothers me. Nick - You're not really taking her away. They could go to New York, you can come and visit. Gabi - They're not going to see it that way; you know that. What about when Ari grows up and she finds out I took her away from her Daddy just so that I could be a model. Nick - Yeah, wow. I guess maybe you should turn it down. The opportunity pretty much fell in your lap I'm sure another one will come along. Gabi - Yeah but what do I do until then. I have to get a job. I have bills to pay. I can't keep living off of Will and Sonny. Nick - Right. Didn't you say you had a friend that just got a job at a big corporation, Mindy something ... couldn't you get a job where she works. Gabi - She didn't get a job, she got an internship. She lives with her parents; she can afford to work all those hours for nothing. Nick - Bummer. Gabi - Those that have money can afford to do internships; I have to get a real job, a good one.

Segment 3: Before Jordan can say anything she gets a call from the hospital so she steps away to take it. Rafe - Your mom must have been pretty upset with what happened to Eric. Will - She was. I actually just came back from talking to her. Rafe - What about EJ? Will - I don't know. I was talking to Mom about Eric and he suddenly started asking me about Berkeley. Rafe - Well if my sister drugged my fiancée's priest brother and made a sex tape I'd probably change the subject too. Will - Do you think EJ and Stefano were in on it. Rafe - I really don't know enough about it but I do feel bad for Eric. He's a priest. He certainly seems like a good guy. Will - Yeah, that's what everybody says. Rafe - If you talk to him just let him know I'm in his corner, alright. Will - I will. Thanks. Jordan returns. I have to get back to the hospital. Will - I have to go too. See you later. He leaves. Jordan - Let's go. Rafe - Not until I hear about this crazy girl's party last night. What happened? Jordan - If I get back to the van before you do I'm leaving without you. Rafe - Come on! Can I get some details here. He follows after her. Kate steps out from behind the shrubbery.

Nick - If you're looking for an excuse to walk away from this maybe you should call that agent again. Gabi - And say what? Nick - And say that this deal isn't what she made it out to be. Gabi - That's not true. Even Justin was impressed. I'll make enough money for Arianna and me and be able to save money for her college fund. They're giving me everything I want; plane tickets so I can bring her back and hang out with Will and time off so Will and Sonny can come to New York. Nick - They really made it hard for you to say no. I don't think that you're going to need to save money for Ari's college. Will's family has money and Sonny owns that club. Who knows Will may write a bestseller soon. Gabi - You should have heard him talking about that workshop. He knows what he wants to do with his life. He's got Sonny and his writing; it's like he's got his future planned out. Nick - You'll have a future too. You'll figure it out. Gabi - Maybe I already have. What if I'm letting a guilt trip make me walk away from it. Nick - What about Will? What will he think? Gabi - It's not my fault that the modelling agency is based in New York. And if I give that up it's not just giving up a job, it's giving up a career. Nick - Wow, I didn't even think of it like that. Gabi - Do you know how much I'm going to resent Will for that especially if I have to go begging to him and Sonny for things Arianna needs because I can't pay for them myself. Nick - So what are you thinking? Gabi - I have to do it. I just have to.

Will comes into the club. He and Sonny talk. T asks Will if he got his text about his uncle. Will - I did. He asks Sonny if that was what his message was about. Sonny - I wanted you to hear it from me. Will - It doesn't matter who I heard it from, it sucks. My uncle is claiming that Kristen drugged him to have sex with him. T - So is he defrocked or whatever they call it now? Will - I don't know what's going to happen to him. T - Where's the chick? Sonny - She left town. T - Man, if she was that desperate she could have just called me, no drugs needed. Sonny - T, can you go unload the beer truck. Can you get lost. T - Sorry. Sonny - He doesn't take anything serious. Will - I know, he can't help it. Will - What's in that box cause I'm hungry. Sonny - We have to wait for Gabi and we might be waiting a while because she hasn't decided on that modelling gig yet but if she does decide to take it ... it's a congratulatory cake. And if she doesn't take the job we'll share it. Will - She'll take it. Why would she pass up something like that.

Jen - I said my piece. I guess I should get going. Dan - Take care. Jen - You too. One more note. I got a message from on high that the dinner for the top 10 doctors was put on hold so the article in Salem Style ... Dan - I guess you didn't get the note I left. The one that said forget about me participating in this thing. Jen - Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. She leaves. Dan sees JJ and nods for him to follow.

Shane - Listen Theresa, going back to the status quo, acting as if your overdose was a small blip on the radar; I think we've already agreed that is not an option. Kim - No it's not and your actions not only hurt you they hurt the entire family. That's why we asked everybody who really loves you to be here today. Shane - They have a say in what happens to you next. Theresa - Okay. Shane - Not just them ... Theresa - What does that mean? Shane gets a call. He steps away to take the call. Kayla - I think what your Dad is trying to say is whether you stay here or not, it affects a lot of people; not just this family. There is one person in particular who needs a vote in whether you stay here or ... Theresa - A vote. Are you serious! Jennifer! Kayla - Don't act like you're surprised.

Segment 4: T pokes his head between Will and Sonny's. Can I come back now? Sonny - Are you going to behave yourself? T - I always behave myself. Cake ... ooh ... I'm going to get a fork. Sonny - You're not eating the cake; it's for later. He's eating so much of the inventory I don't have to pay him. Will - I can't believe you're working here. T - And doing an awesome job too. Go ahead, tell him what you said. Sonny - He's not half bad. T - See! A highly valued employee. He walks away. Sonny - You know what really scares me. Now that Chad's gone I have to give T some extra hours. Will - With you helping me with Ari ... Sonny - He might be managing the joint. Will - One day you're going to come back and Club TBD will be Club T. Sonny likes to see him smile. Will lists all the reasons he has to smile aside from the Uncle Eric stuff. He's going to make Gabi sign the contract and everything is going to work out.

Nick - So you think you're going to do this. Gabi - Yeah, I'm going to do this. I need this, Arianna needs this. I'm going to call the agency and tell them I'm going to sign the contract. She leaves Ari with Nick ands steps away to make the call. Nick tells Ari she's going to love New York City. The three of us are going to be really, really happy. Gabi returns. I left a message, it's all set. Nick - You did it. OMG, this is going to be so great for you. Gabi - What if he fights me on this? What if tries to get custody?

JJ follows Dan into a PT room. Dan - Why didn't you take off after you were done talking to your mom. JJ - I know that you said that I wasn't suppose to be around you. Dan - Yes. You start hanging around with me, people are going to start to put together what really happened with Theresa including the cops. JJ - Something happened that you need to know. Dan - Okay, what. JJ - Theresa's parents are in town and they showed up on my doorstep. I freaked out. I thought Theresa remembered I was there when she OD'd and they were there to kick my ass. Dan - You're here now so obviously that didn't happen. JJ - They want to talk to Mom. Dan - Did they say why? JJ - No. Dan - I have no idea what they'd want. All I know is that they better not find out you were with Theresa; at least not before your sentencing hearing. JJ - Yeah, I know that. Do you think Theresa's going to remember that night; remember that I was there. Dan - I don't know. If she doesn't remember you by now it's not likely she ever will. JJ - That's what I thought last night but I'm not a doctor. Dan - Wait a second. Last night? JJ - I went over to Theresa's place to see how she was doing. I wanted to make sure she was okay. Dan - Are you thinking at all because that move was a very, very bad idea.

Theresa - Why are we running any of this past Jennifer. If we leave it up to her I'm done. Kim - Theresa, you're going to have to calm down. Theresa snaps - Don't tell me how to feel. You leave it up to her she's going to ship me off but I guess you don't care about that. Shane - Hey! A - Don't speak to your mother like that ever again. And B - Even though we don't know exact what Jennifer has to say we will know because that was her on the phone and she's on her way over. Jen comes in.

Segment 5: Nick - You really think Will is going to put up a fight? Gabi - Yes if he thinks I'm trying to take his daughter away from him. Nick - You don't think that he's ever considered that the situation with all 3 of you living there is temporary and that you guys might have to part ways at some point. Gabi - Neither one of us has ever talked about leaving town. Nick - That's because you're not even leaving. You're going to be back here once a month and he can go to New York. Gabi - He was in California for a week and he was telling me how much he missed Arianna. This is going to kill him. Nick - All you are doing is moving somewhere where you can have a career and take care of your daughter; you're not cutting Will out. And even if he did make trouble, what Judge is going to rule against you. Gabi - I hear what you're saying but I'm dreading telling him. Nick - I think you'll figure out a way to do it. I know you will. Gabi has to get going. Nick - Hey, I'm happy for you.

Rafe and Jordan are back at the hospital. He asks her what they were drinking last night. Jordan - Nothing but sweet tea. Rafe - Sweet tea! Are you from the south? Jordan - Are you always this nosy. Rafe - No I'm not. I'm just a police detective who's itching to get back to work but I guess I shouldn't take that out on you. Jordan - Thank you. Rafe - Seriously though, I just want to know if you had a good time. Jordan - You are impossible. I'm going to make sure an orderly helps you back into bed. Kate watches as Rafe grabs Jordan's hand. I'm glad you went out and had a good time, seriously. Jordan - Thank you, I have to go. Rafe - I'll see you later.

Dan - If it gets out that you were around Theresa and drugs were involved the judge won't care that you've been clean since then. He told you that you will do time and JJ it will change your life and it will kill your mother. JJ - She's constantly talking about how proud she is of me. Dan - Good, keep it that way. JJ - I don't like hiding this from her. Dan - Think of it as looking out for her and yourself. JJ - I brought out my old guitar this morning; I thought she was going to cry or something. Dan - She told me you were pretty amazing. You said you were just a little guy when you started taking guitar lessons. Your teacher said you showed more promise than any student he ever had. JJ - Mom was bragging. Dan - Not bragging, she is proud of you just like you say. She also told me that you played O Come All Ye Faithful at the school Christmas concert 5th grade; got a standing O. JJ - No one stood up. Dan - That's the way she remembers it. JJ she wanted me to know that you are really talented. I've got patients to see. If you need to see me again be more careful than you were today. JJ nods.

Shane - So Jennifer as I explained to you on the phone we're all here trying to come up with what to do next. Having Theresa come out to Salem was supposed to be about her having a second chance; a chance to change her behaviour. Theresa - Dad, Jennifer's already heard all this. You told her on the phone. I think what she needs to hear now is me being honest for once. I've been trying to convince my family that I deserve a second chance here. It hasn't been an easy sell. They know that they asked you to help me and you said okay and I took what you offered and I threw it back in your face. They're here because I overdosed which I can't even talk about because I don't remember anything that happened that night. But you're here because of all the stuff that I did when I wasn't high. My job, my friendship with JJ and making you miserable just because I could. And I know that's an awful thing to say but it's true. So I guess now I just need to say I'm really sorry for being such a bitch. And I'm going into a program and one of the first steps is making amends and I can't think of a better person to start with then you. So I know it's going to take some time but I hope that someday, somehow you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I really am sorry Jennifer.

Segment 6: Nick is still in the square now talking on his cell. I just wanted to let you know that I've thought about it and I'm going to take the job. Just let me know when you want me to start and I'll be there. I've literally wanted to live in New York my entire life. Great! I'll see you soon. Bye. He sees Will and calls out. Hey Will, good to see you. Will - Hey. Nick - Oh, I heard about the bad news. It's so weird how all that stuff happens when you least expect it.

Kate finds Jordan in the PT room. Very clever. Jordan - What is it now Miss Roberts? Kate - So we're formal today, are we? Jordan - I'm a little busy. Kate - I guess you are but this will only take a minute. I'm just a little curious about something. Is this always the way you work?

Dan is in Rafe's room. You're still here; I was hoping they would kick you out. Rafe - Kayla talked them into letting me stay. I can't get enough of the food. Dan - Oh yeah, they've managed to make it both tasteless and disgusting. How are you doing? Rafe - Better but I do want to sleep in my own damn bed. I want to get back to work. Dan - Maybe catch Kristen DiMera. Rafe - Frankly I hope she's long gone. I just wish she had taken the rest of the DiMera clan with her. Dan - I called Eric; it went straight to voicemail. Rafe - How are you holding up? Dan - What does that mean? Rafe - I've been in this hospital long enough to be on staff. I hear things. Dan - Gossip, huh. Rafe - You know what I'm talking about. Dan - I do. I'm going to be just fine.

Jen - I know what happens if I tell you that I can't be around Theresa but you are her parents and that's your decision to make, not mine. But I do have something that I want to say. All that I care about and all that I need is for you to stay away from my son. I don't care what you do. I don't care about you at all but if you are going to stay here you better be invisible because if I catch you near my son I will make your life miserable. She tells Kim and Shane she's sorry and leaves. Theresa - So that's it right. She didn't say I couldn't stay in Salem. Kayla - I've got to go too. Please let me know what you decide. Kayla follows Jen outside. You surprised me in there. Jen - I know. You thought I was going to say I wanted her to go to jail. Kayla - After everything she's done it would be tempting. Jen - Yes and I'm not happy that she's going to be around but she's not the only one who has made mistakes. Kayla - You mean Daniel. Jen - I'm just thinking about my part in this. Kayla - You didn't do anything wrong. Jen - Please, I did plenty. But it's in the past and we're moving towards the future. And your niece, I know how much you care about her. I really hope she turns her life around. Kayla - Do you see that happening? I mean, honestly? Jen - No I don't.

Segment 7: Jordan - I don't play games. All I do ... Kate - All you do is go to work. Get here early, you're driven and disciplined and then you go home. I'm a little curious about that reputation. Jordan - How so? Kate - When you freelance from town to town is this always the way you do it? Do you stir up curiosity about who you really are and then one day miraculously you start to loosen up. You come out of your cocoon and all of a sudden you're the most intriguing girl in town. Jordan - What do have against me? Kate - I have nothing against you. I'm absolutely thrilled that the butterfly is going to unfold her wings then everyone will know who Jordan Ridgeway really is ... everybody. She leaves.

JJ is at home sitting on the couch with his guitar - he looks antsy.

Kayla and Jen are back at the hospital. Kayla thanks Jen again. Jen really hopes it works out. Kayla - Me too. Jen and Dan see each other and exchange glances. Dan walks away.

Theresa - Not exactly a ringing endorsement I know. Shane - That is an understatement. Theresa - She didn't say that I had to go back to California and you said that once we heard from Jennifer we can settle this; now we have. I mean you guys don't want to take a chance on me going to jail, right. I can stay here and fix things. Shane - I told Jennifer that if you interfere with her or her son in anyway whatsoever she's too call me immediately. Theresa - So does that mean I'm staying. They nod yes. Theresa - Thank you so much. Shane - It's not quite that simple. Theresa - What do you mean? Kim - Honey, you overdosed. You've never done that before so there's got to be a reason and I have this feeling that something happened that night; something you're not telling us or anybody else.

Will - What bad news? Nick - Father Eric. You've heard about that right because everybody else has. Will - Yeah but I don't really know much so if you want the inside scoop ... Nick - No. How was Berkeley? That must have been awesome. Will - It was. Nick - Are you still writing. Will - Yeah I changed my major to Creative Writing. Nick - Dude, you don't have to change anything. Do you know what you should do; you should write an autobiography. I bet people would line up to read that story. Will - I'll keep that in mind. See ya.

Sonny hides the cake when he hears Gabi at the door. Gabi says Ari just fell asleep; she goes to put her to bed. Sonny answers the phone. No, this is her roommate. I can get her for you. Yeah, you can just tell me. Are you kidding me? New York. Oh yeah, I will give her the message. Gabi comes back to the living room. Sonny - You selfish bitch!

Lori

Lady Evol
Nov 20 2013, 01:31 AM
stormymac
zyona
Supergirlx2

Edit- of course we are talking about a fictional show that takes liberties with laws and processes, so anything could happen, that's just how reality would affect the situation.
When Will said yesterday he's changing his major...so he's not even a senior? Move him and Abigail along already! Graduate them, this is ridiculous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply