Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's Assassination special report; Portions of "Days" will be preempted (ET/CT only) on Fri. 11/22
Topic Started: Nov 19 2013, 08:40 PM (1,502 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

SPECIAL REPORT ON 50TH ANNIVESARY OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S ASSASSINATION WILL PREEMPT PORTIONS OF "DAYS" ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22

NBC News has announced that it will be covering the Commemorative Moment of the 50th Anniversary of President John F. Kennedy this Friday, November 22, 2013. NBC News will present live Special Report coverage beginning at approximately 1:28PM ET/12:28PM CT for a portion of the events in Dallas, Texas to commemorate the moment when President Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. The event is organized by The President John F. Kennedy Commemorative Foundation in cooperation with the city of Dallas. A moment of silence is planned for 1:30PM ET/12:30PM CT, followed by the singing of "America the Beautiful" by the U.S. Naval Academy Men's Glee Club. Brian Williams will anchor live from Dealey Plaza in Dallas, and will be joined by NBC News Special Correspondent Tom Brokaw in New York. The special report is expected to conclude by approximately 1:36PM ET/12:36PM CT. The 1PM "Days of Our Lives" Eastern Time Zone feed (and 12PM Central Time Zone feed) will be interrupted for this special report, so fans will need to watch the portion of the episode preempted later that evening either on SoapNet or online on NBC.com or Hulu.com. Affiliates in the Mountain and Pacific time zones will not be affected and will see "Days" in its entirety.

http://www.jason47.com
Edited by Jason47, Nov 19 2013, 09:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason! I guess I will just miss 8 minutes. I have no other way to watch it. My internet plan a month is only 10GB and have no recording devices.

Safensane

This is why I will miss Soapnet! :frownie:

Jason47
Member Avatar

rknudson78
Nov 19 2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks, Jason! I guess I will just miss 8 minutes. I have no other way to watch it. My internet plan a month is only 10GB and have no recording devices.
Depending on the timings of the acts for the Friday episode, there's a good chance the preemption will take place during the long break after Act Three, which is almost 4 minutes long, so fans might only end up missing around 4 minutes of the show.

Will&Sonny

Lame. If only the networks had some sort of special series of channels that were devoted to covering news -- and only news -- twenty-four hours a day. Then they could broadcast things like this solely on those channels without bothering the people who couldn't possibly care less about this sort of thing.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Nov 19 2013, 10:55 PM.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

DAYS is on here at 11a.m. Central so does that mean I won't miss any of it? (Chgo. area)

Safensane

Why can't NBC replay Days at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning..... there's always a news break or something of political "importance" during Days! :frustration:

WillFan
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 19 2013, 10:53 PM
Lame. If only the networks had some sort of special series of channels that were devoted to covering news -- and only news -- twenty-four hours a day. Then they could broadcast things like this solely on those channels without bothering the people who couldn't possibly care less about this sort of thing.
You mean like MSNBC or CNBC?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Dorothy595
Nov 19 2013, 11:00 PM
DAYS is on here at 11a.m. Central so does that mean I won't miss any of it? (Chgo. area)
That's correct. Central time zone preemption will be from around 12:28-12:36.

Will&Sonny

WillFan
Nov 19 2013, 11:14 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 19 2013, 10:53 PM
You mean like MSNBC or CNBC?
Yes. I was being sarcastic.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

This may come as a surprise,but believe it or not some people in the world do NOT have cable,which is one of the reasons for breaking news on regular network tv.

fundays13
Member Avatar

They could have taped this event to show during primetime. I live in the Dallas area and frankly I have had my fill of special coverage ever since the start of the month. Don't care if anyone thinks I am being sacrilegious about the JFK remembrance. I understand the importance of it all but there's just so much coverage one can take before they are turned off
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Safensane

Snowing Fan
Nov 20 2013, 07:21 AM
This may come as a surprise,but believe it or not some people in the world do NOT have cable,which is one of the reasons for breaking news on regular network tv.
So true....that's why replaying in a late night/early morning time slot would enable us to see the entire show.....I'm sure it all comes down to $$.

Will&Sonny

Snowing Fan
Nov 20 2013, 07:21 AM
If only the networks had special time slots dedicated to airing news -- and only news -- multiple times throughout the day -- like, say, a two-hour block (or longer...) during the morning, a thirty- to sixty-minute block at noon, another two-hour block at the start of the evening, and a thirty-five minute block at night. Then they could broadcast things like this during those times for the people who don't have cable or satellite subscriptions and still not bother the people who couldn't possibly care less about this sort of thing.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Nov 20 2013, 09:56 AM.

camera shy

It's kind of creepy they want to remember the moment he was assassinated. I remember the family saying that they'd prefer his life be remembered and not his death.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 20 2013, 10:06 AM
It's kind of creepy they want to remember the moment he was assassinated. I remember the family saying that they'd prefer his life be remembered and not his death.
Yes and you notice that Caroline Kennedy went to Tokyo last weekend to start her time as the Japanese ambassador. She is a class act and is not getting drawn into all the kerfuffle of marking her father's death.

bygnedys

They should just do another panel discussion like they did on C-span for the 35 anniversary and just let C-span cover it.

I remember I think it was Walter Cronkite who said that back then the tubes on their studio cameras took at least 30 minutes to heat up so they could get on the air with the news. They were running the ATWT feed at the time, and finally came on air with the news.

Now with all the advances in technology, they can come on with their news instantly and shove a bunch of unneeded press conferences too. In some cases, some of that stuff could wait for the evening news.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Um,if there remembering the exact moment,perhaps the regular news is not on at that moment,DUH.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Nov 20 2013, 12:01 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Some of y'all would have never survived the summer the Watergate hearings were held!

bygnedys

OMG, I thought that would never stop and the Condra(sp) hearings with Ollie North.

They said the O.J. trial is what ruined soaps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply